Vaccinations?

Hi there,

Only a few weeks until I cruise!!!!

I was under the impression for some reason, that I wouldn't need any vaccinations for my cruise. The ppl I am going with are all going and getting jabs and taking all sorts of tablets before they go.

Should I be doing the same?

Thanks,

AA

Hi there,

I was under the impression for some reason, that I wouldn't need any vaccinations for my cruise. The ppl I am going with are all going and getting jabs and taking all sorts of tablets before they go.

Thanks,

AA

hi AA, you dont need any vaccinations to go to the South Pacific but if you want to get the swine flu vac just to make sure.....we got ours in jan

rkmw

Hi there,

Thanks,

AA

My Dr's advice is as long as you are not going to rural area's or out of the way places,And are staying in major hotels or ship's, then you probably do'nt need any.:)

You really dont need vaccinations around the Pacific...but you should have the flu jab and this year the swine flu is incorporated into one jab with the normal flu. Of course you should always take precautions against being bitten by mossies even in

Darwin and Northern Australia as malaria/dengue fever are becoming more common there. A deet based repellent and long sleeves after dark will do the trick.

As sure as people cruise they will catch colds or flu!

Some people go over the top with vaccinations and malaria shots/tablets.

I travel quite a lot and dont worry about shots!

Swine flu/flu shots a good idea as suggested as is a Deet based mozzie repellent!

With colds most times you already have it and it comes out during the cruise so everyone blames the cruise?

Save your money as the doctor doesnt mind selling them all to you but wouldnt bother himself!

take some cold/flu medication from home as its expensive on board!

Got my flu shot the other day, Dr made me have it now even though we're not cruising until October.

First time a flu shot hurt, not getting it but that night and for the next couple of days>

Must be the extra swine flu in it.......

Two and a half weeks now!!! gosh I can barely contain my excitement!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I get the standard flu needle every year, so I have had that. I got my swine flu on Saturday. Someone suggested Hep A but I might take my chances.

Good idea re: cold & flu medication, I had wondered how expensive it would be on board. I don't get sea sick and never have but I am not taking any chances. My friend's doctor suggested getting some Maxillon? That would require me getting a script. Or is there something just as effective from over the counter?

Thanks again,

AA

i have been to pacific islands, and out to outer islands etc and never got any extra vaccinations. just reading these boards though, i do wonder whether i would regret it if i ended up in a civil defence type disaster (eg post cyclone) in the pacific islands. might wish i had them :confused: but that's prob me just being a worry wart lol.

Archived