Are the pools heated?

I',m not sailing till May 22nd, out of NJ, but the weather has been so unpredictable, just curious if the pool is heated. Granted, I'm not going to go swimming if i t's freezing, but highly doubt it will be. Just not sure if it is going to be warm enough to swim. thanks.

I',m not sailing till May 22nd, out of NJ, but the weather has been so unpredictable, just curious if the pool is heated. Granted, I'm not going to go swimming if i t's freezing, but highly doubt it will be. Just not sure if it is going to be warm enough to swim. thanks.

Are you sailing Explorer of the Seas? If so you should join our roll call :D

Now to answer your question, the pools are not heated, sorry.. We did this cruise last year and had a blast, you will love it!!

No, the Explorer's pools are not heated. The hot tubs are, though! ;)

The Explorer's pools are not heated and none of the RC large ships (Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class) have glass domes over the pools. Only the 4 Radiance class and 6 Vision class ships have domes.

The Independence has heated pools but that ship will permanently move to home-port at Southampton, UK after this winter.

I think most ships use ocean water for the pools. They can drain and fill it quite fast, and usually do drain and fill it every day. However, I have heard the Freedom class (and maybe Oasis class?) ships use fresh water. Anyone know for sure?

I think most ships use ocean water for the pools. They can drain and fill it quite fast, and usually do drain and fill it every day. However, I have heard the Freedom class (and maybe Oasis class?) ships use fresh water. Anyone know for sure?

Freedom and Oasis do use fresh water, although I beleive there is 1 salt water pool on Oasis

Are you sailing Explorer of the Seas? If so you should join our roll call :D

Now to answer your question, the pools are not heated, sorry.. We did this cruise last year and had a blast, you will love it!!

how do I join the roll call?

I sailed explorer a long time agao, I don't remember much, and it was on a much hotter route, so probably didn't need to ask this question. but I do remember the solarium pool had the option to close the roof. you think the end of may this will be a warm time to go out of NJ? I sure hope so. :)

No, the Explorer's pools are not heated. The hot tubs are, though! ;)

Interesting was on the Mariner in the fall, came ship class and they heated the pools. It was also a topic covered by the engineer in the chat with the crew - maybe people didnt complain about the water temp? Oh and the water was salt water sucked up from the ocean.

Archived