Booked ES but PIF...

arthierry

I booked the Ecstasy through Carnival about a month ago, but I paid in full. Do I still qualify for any price drops. When I talked with the PVP, she said that even though I PIF I would still qualify, but with all this talk about not getting OBC after final payment has me worried. I got a fantastic deal at $299pp and the total price for the both of us was $662. The deposit was $400 so I just decided to go ahead and PIF since it wasn't a big difference.

Make sure you also look for Past Guest Rates and Resident Rates. You can use those to price match for Early Saver. I used a Resident Rate that kept dropping on my last cruise to get 3 price drops and OBC.

O really. OK that's good to know. I thought you only get the price drop if your the ES rate dropped, not off any rate. That's awesome. Even though I think I booked the lowest price ever, I will continue to monitor the prices. Thanks a bunch!

Is it normally Carnivals site that you see these price drops? I have checked like travelocity and some other ones and they are always the same as carnival. Do you find these drops closer to your sailing.?

Is it normally Carnivals site that you see these price drops? I have checked like travelocity and some other ones and they are always the same as carnival. Do you find these drops closer to your sailing.?

For ES it has to a Carnival price. Drops may or may not come. Depends on the supply/demand for that sailing.

O really. OK that's good to know. I thought you only get the price drop if your the ES rate dropped, not off any rate. That's awesome. Even though I think I booked the lowest price ever, I will continue to monitor the prices. Thanks a bunch!

No problem. The ES rate will eventually disappear, so you will need to check the other rates you are eligible for.

I booked the Ecstasy through Carnival about a month ago, but I paid in full. Do I still qualify for any price drops. When I talked with the PVP, she said that even though I PIF I would still qualify, but with all this talk about not getting OBC after final payment has me worried. I got a fantastic deal at $299pp and the total price for the both of us was $662. The deposit was $400 so I just decided to go ahead and PIF since it wasn't a big difference.

If you are actually entitled to the OBC after final payment and fill out the proper form you will receive it. Normaly takes a couple of days for the office to process the request. They have to weed thru all the wrong forms and people trying to get something for free that they are not entitled too, according to my PVP and it will bog down the system some days.

I am just trying to make sure I understand. I booked ES, within a few days it appears my category sold out. I have no chance for OBC right? Just wait to see it they call to upgrade me? This is category 4A. One more thing on my confirmation it says Fare code PPB? Does that mean it isn't ES?

I am just trying to make sure I understand. I booked ES, within a few days it appears my category sold out. I have no chance for OBC right? Just wait to see it they call to upgrade me? This is category 4A. One more thing on my confirmation it says Fare code PPB? Does that mean it isn't ES?

PPB is Early Saver. You can also check your confirmation; at the end are Terms and conditions that should match the Early Saver Terms and conditions, incl Non-Refundable Deposit and no name changes. You can't get Price Reduction if no 4A's, but if a higher category falls below your current fare, you can upgrade to that Category. ken

So when i look up this I should look under past guest as well and not just early savers. And I got to different sites. Do you no of sites that seem to work for you?

If booked Early Saver: If you're a Past Guest and the Past Guest Rate drops below your Rate, you can get the Price Drop. If the Residency Rate for your state drops, you get the Price Drop. If you're 55+ and the 55+ Rate drops below your Rate, you can get the Price Drop. If you're Military eligible and the Military Rate drops below your Rate, you can get the Price Drop.

The Price Protection is only for Carnival-advertised rates, and applies only to the CruiseFare (excluding Govt Fees & Taxes). ken

Keep watching the Carnival site. I booked an 8K, ES and that category disappeared. However 2 days later another 8K appeared (maybe someone upgraded to another cabin). Keep checking 2x a day till 2 days before you cruise. I have gotten 4 price drops, resulting in $215 OBC and upgraded my cabin from an 8K to an amazing aft.

Several months ago, I booked an Early Saver rate for a 1A cabin through Carnival, and I am paid in full. On Wednesday, I saw a price drop for categories PT, 4A (upgrade to 4F), and IS. I immediately submitted an online Price Guarantee form. Today, I got a reply from Carnival saying that I was denied.

Here's the response:

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

After reviewing your requesting we discovered the rate of $499 per person requested is not available for the current category booked. However, the rate is available for categories PT up to category 4F. If you are currently requesting to upgrade please feel free to advise. Please let us know as soon as possible since availability is limited.

I called Carnival, and I spoke with four different people (including a supervisor). They all said that I could get an OBC ONLY for my category, which is a 1A. The only thing they said that they can do is upgrade me to another level. I explained that this was not my understanding, and that I was told when booking that Early Saver applied to a price drop in ANY category.

The end result is that I refused an upgrade (I have a 1A cabin with the large windows), and I did not get an OBC. I am at Platinum level with Carnival, but this was the first time I'd booked Early Saver.

If you are actually entitled to the OBC after final payment and fill out the proper form you will receive it. Normaly takes a couple of days for the office to process the request. They have to weed thru all the wrong forms and people trying to get something for free that they are not entitled too, according to my PVP and it will bog down the system some days.

I booked end of February for a May 10 sailing-PIF. my rate dropped and i submitted a form. i also called a PVP and I received and upgrade from a 8C to an 8D. he told me i was not able to get an OBC because i was in the penalty phase. then i rec'd the response from my email and they said i was not eligible for anything because it was 48 hours after i booked!? have no idea what they are talking about-but i am glad that i called and actually spoke with a person!

Archived