Question about upgrade/OBC....

Jen99SS

I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to doing a search. We are sailing on the Sensation on 3/25. We booked in Sept with the ES price since at the time past guest price was more for the same category. However now the price for past guest is $20 cheaper per person than what we paid but it is for Empress deck and we are on the riviera deck. I called Carnival to inquire about an upgrade or OBC. She told me she could upgrade us to a 6E and give us $40 OBC. When I asked her about the other bookings linked with ours she told me they would have to pay $60 PP more to upgrade since none of them were past guests. I know in the past I was able to get the same upgrades/OBC for others that were not past guests but we were. Now it has been about 5 years so maybe things have changed. My question is it possible to get this upgrade/OBC for the others? I would like to take advantage of both the upgrade and OBC but if it means leaving my friends 3 decks below me then I guess I will just take the OBC.

I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to doing a search. We are sailing on the Sensation on 3/25. We booked in Sept with the ES price since at the time past guest price was more for the same category. However now the price for past guest is $20 cheaper per person than what we paid but it is for Empress deck and we are on the riviera deck. I called Carnival to inquire about an upgrade or OBC. She told me she could upgrade us to a 6E and give us $40 OBC. When I asked her about the other bookings linked with ours she told me they would have to pay $60 PP more to upgrade since none of them were past guests. I know in the past I was able to get the same upgrades/OBC for others that were not past guests but we were. Now it has been about 5 years so maybe things have changed. My question is it possible to get this upgrade/OBC for the others? I would like to take advantage of both the upgrade and OBC but if it means leaving my friends 3 decks below me then I guess I will just take the OBC.

I don't see ANY possibility of your non Past Guest friends taking advantage ofthe Past guest rate. To get that rate they'd need a Past Guest in each cabin. ken

3 decks below you is not that bad, besides sometimes it is nice to have some space between fellow cruisers. My DW and I are going on the splendor next year with my DB and SIL and we will have 7 decks between us. I don't mind because if we want to meet up will just call their room. And it is nice not having to sneak out if we want some alone time on the ship like we would if they were right next door.

Matt

For me.......

I would take the OBC and stay where you are if you are with friends. We cruise specifically as a group of 4 and want to be next to each other. :D:D.

We had a room between us the first time we cruise and it was a pain in the butt. We like doing things together and being right next to each other.

Again, this is what works for me:)

I was asking about them getting the discount because I know the last Carnival cruise I went on in 2005 I bought and paid for all the rooms (a total of 4 rooms) and I got the past guest rate on ALL rooms and there were 2 of those rooms that nobody in them were past guests. I'm assuming now that their policies have changed since then. I didn't think it was a dumb question to ask I was just seeing if what she said was in fact correct. If they booked it seperately than me I wouldn't expect them to get the same rate but I'm the one that booked and paid for these rooms.

We want to keep all of our rooms together, we booked the cruise to go together and if we want to go our seperate ways there is no hard feelings we just go we don't have to sneak out. I will just take the OBC for myself for now and keep an eye out to see if the regular rates go down any before next week.

Thanks.

I was asking about them getting the discount because I know the last Carnival cruise I went on in 2005 I bought and paid for all the rooms (a total of 4 rooms) and I got the past guest rate on ALL rooms and there were 2 of those rooms that nobody in them were past guests. I'm assuming now that their policies have changed since then. I didn't think it was a dumb question to ask I was just seeing if what she said was in fact correct. If they booked it seperately than me I wouldn't expect them to get the same rate but I'm the one that booked and paid for these rooms.

We want to keep all of our rooms together, we booked the cruise to go together and if we want to go our seperate ways there is no hard feelings we just go we don't have to sneak out. I will just take the OBC for myself for now and keep an eye out to see if the regular rates go down any before next week.

Thanks.

Policy did not change, I think you may have gotten away with something you should not have in 2005

Jennifer in the past if you were not a past guest then you didn't get the price of a past guest. I think maybe you got lucky or they just liked you. LOL :D If you are happy being next to them, then just take the OBC and have a nice stress- free cruise and enjoy !

Could you possibly take the $40 OBC and have it credited towards the $60 it would take to upgrade their room? And then maybe the people in that room can come up with the other $20?

I'm sure carnival might would do that but it is $60 for each person. So $120 total....not worth it to upgrade to another inside room in my opinion. If it were a balcony room there would be no issue. Oh well I'll just take the OBC and keep an eye on the regular price until next week...if nothing changes I'll be a nice friend and buy us all a few drinks with my OBC.

Archived