Caribbean Princess: WHICH PIER and duty free store there?

goldens4ever

Of course, I would never buy anything to bring on the ship to consume while on the ship:cool:....but our last trip there was a duty free shop that had free samples and you could basically buy all kinds of alcohol for incredible prices....

So my question is....is this the situation with the pier that the Caribbean is using now....

Thanks for your help!

Thanks colo cruiser.....yes San Juan!!!

If you're looking for wine, the selection is extremely limited (just threw out the receipts yesterday, or I'd tell you the only 3 vintners). Anyway, one bottle was so bad (and it was actually a wine we sometimes drink at home, so we know what it is supposed to taste like) that we were going to return it and try to get our money back. By the time we got off the ship, though, we didn't feel like going through the line to get back in to the DF shop. Just remembered: Campo Viejo is the majority of your choices. Then there was one varietal of each of 2 other vintners. Shelves were mostly empty both weeks we were there, so maybe they carry more but were just out.

My cousin bought some rum since it didn't have to be declared in her allowance if it was made in Puerto Rico. She bought a total of 6 bottles. Only negative, they put all 6 bottles loosely in one large box. She bought 2 boxes from our cabin steward for 75 cents each which made it much easier to carry off the ship. The bottles were delivered to our cabin the last day at sea as we were packing to leave.

We are so spoiled by A.H. Rise in St. Thomas who packages everything so well that anyone else falls short.

MARAPRINCE

Thanks again for the info....we like wine....but they have a favorite of ours on board...so we will most likely be buying run and vodka.

Do they have limes there?

Just call room service for limes after boarding. They are happy to oblige and brought me a bowl full sliced last month at no charge.

Mike:)

Of course, I would never buy anything to bring on the ship to consume while on the ship:cool:....but our last trip there was a duty free shop that had free samples and you could basically buy all kinds of alcohol for incredible prices....

So my question is....is this the situation with the pier that the Caribbean is using now....

Thanks for your help!

Thanks colo cruiser.....yes San Juan!!!

Just sailed on CB March 7. Leaves from Pan American Pier. We purchased two bottles of booze at duty free shop right next to ship check in, put in carry on luggage, and went through security with no questions or problems.

as well as at the airport. Prices are tax free, not DF but taxes are the biggest expense. You can bring back whatever you can carry from PR without affecting your DF allowance. A quirk in the law. Just watch the weight as baggage charges can offset any savings.

do the shops at the terminals carry mixers? I am specifically looking for diet rite zero. I can't use diet coke because of allergies to nutra sweet, but this uses splenda and has no caffine. Does anyone know if they have diet rite at the terminal or the grocery store in OSJ? Thanks

do the shops at the terminals carry mixers? I am specifically looking for diet rite zero. I can't use diet coke because of allergies to nutra sweet, but this uses splenda and has no caffine. Does anyone know if they have diet rite at the terminal or the grocery store in OSJ? Thanks

No luck and they didn't carry it at Pueblo the last time we were there either.

No luck and they didn't carry it at Pueblo the last time we were there either.

Thank you, good to know, now I'll have to decide if it is worth carrying from home. (that's alot of extra weight in the luggage:()

Is this the same pier where Princess will be docking when it leaves out of NY? Just wondering if we will be able to make any purchases when we make our stop in San Juan.

Possibly not. When the CB hits SJ as a port call it may be the Old San Juan dock downtown. :)

Archived