How much for a blow-out (hair straighteing) at the salon?

Rockwife

Never used the salon on a ship before and I'm considering having my hair blown straight for one of the formal nights. (I'm hopeless doing it myself.)

Does anyone know the approx. price? Were you happy with the results?

Thanks in advance!

Never used the salon on a ship before and I'm considering having my hair blown straight for one of the formal nights. (I'm hopeless doing it myself.)

Does anyone know the approx. price? Were you happy with the results?

Thanks in advance!

I did it several times a while ago but not again--I learned how to take the kinks out of my hair with proper/expensive equipment--really works well--

The other crazy thing is that they want to sell you all sorts of products from lotions to hair strenghtening--I have very thick wavy hair--telolng me I was losing my hair and needed all sorts of products to save it.

Apparently the real money for the people in the salon comes from product sales.

Buy a really good flat iron--and maybe S Factor products

Good Luck

Nancy:D

For the price you would pay for the service you could probably get a really good straightner that lasts a long time. I have long wavy/curly hair and straighten it every day for the last 8 years. I have tried it all and all types of straighteners. I use a brand called "chi".

Just blow dry it until its fully dry. Part your hair from ear to ear and secure the upper portion of your hair up with a clip. Flat iron the lower part and then bring down a layer of hair and straighten that. Keep doing it until all your hair is straight. Touch up as needed. I also take my "bangs" or front of hair and pull it forward and straighten it-- this is a way to avoid any kinks around the face.

It takes me about 20 minutes from blow dry to straight. The key is a really good straightner a $20 one usually does not work as well with our type of hair...the ones around $60-$130 really work...which is probably what one say at a salon would cost.

Good luck!! :)

For the price you would pay for the service you could probably get a really good straightner that lasts a long time. I have long wavy/curly hair and straighten it every day for the last 8 years. I have tried it all and all types of straighteners. I use a brand called "chi".

Just blow dry it until its fully dry. Part your hair from ear to ear and secure the upper portion of your hair up with a clip. Flat iron the lower part and then bring down a layer of hair and straighten that. Keep doing it until all your hair is straight. Touch up as needed. I also take my "bangs" or front of hair and pull it forward and straighten it-- this is a way to avoid any kinks around the face.

It takes me about 20 minutes from blow dry to straight. The key is a really good straightner a $20 one usually does not work as well with our type of hair...the ones around $60-$130 really work...which is probably what one say at a salon would cost.

Good luck!! :)

Chi products are really good--I've now found a flat iron by GHD that I like a lot--it's fully heated in a few seconds--GHD stands for either good hair day--or maybe great hair day.

Nancy

Archived