Portofinos Question on AOS

Fred C

Lobster night will be on one of the formal nights. Which itinery are you on? Formal nights are on sea days. I don't eat lobster, but last time I was on the AOS those I was with said that the lobster was much better in Portofinos than in the DR. My understanding is that in the DR they serve warm water lobster while in Portofinos they serve cold water.

My husband and I just got back from our AOS cruise. I had the exact same question before we left and got a few different answers. We ended up going on Friday night after our day at St. Maarten. That worked well but if we were to do it again, I think we would go on the Aruba night (Tuesday). The reason for this is that we had an excursion planned for the day and then we went on the Kukoo Kanuku bar hopping tour at night. The timing didn't work out that day for us to go to the dining room, but if we went to Portofino's we could have reserved for those few hours that we were back on the ship. Basically, it would have given us the flexibility to eat when we wanted to eat instead of being stuck with our late dining time.

Archived