Zaandam

mambopalace

Actually, you are on one of the initial cruises after the Zaandam's dry dock!! You will find new mattresses and flat screen TV's to start. Also an Exploration Lounge, a new kids and teens area an a new wine area. Believe they are also updating the spa! :)

Let us know how you enjoy it if you would, we are booked on the Mar. 19th sailing.:cool:

We got off the zaandam on January 8. It's a fabulous ship. The crew is wonderful, the ship is spotlessly clean and very beautiful. She shares the same configuration with other HAL "S" class ships, including the midship elevators.

The dining room service is awesome, the food on our cruise was better than on last summer's Rotterdam, which BTW is my favorite HAL ship.

WE couldn't find a single negative in reviewing the Zaandam, except for some strange room service orders which were the result of language problems (like 6 orders of bacon instead of 6 pieces).

I'm sur you will love her.

GN

GN:

Our strange room service orders on the Zaandam weren't the result of language problems, they were the result of mischievous neighbours who passed our cabin late at night after our breakfast order was put out. Right, TheDuchess???

Hi: We are on the Zaandam on 2/26. Let me know how your 4 day cruise goes..I have been trying to find out if anybody has gone out of Port Canaveral..I booked the Comfort Inn and was wondering if any one has used their Park and Cruise package. Thank you Grannynurse for all the info you have posted. It has been a big help.

• 2 weeks later...

No, not to worry at all. The woman I spoke to at the Spa was from South Africa. She wanted to go to Disney World for the first two weeks of drydock (they were being trained for the "new" spa the last week), but could not due to visa restrictions. So...she was going to take a "holiday" right there in Freeport.

Just about every single male employee we spoke to were going to be working on the ship during the drydock.

Arubalisa,

Thank you for the reply. I love your pictures of the Zaandam. I can hardly wait until my cruise on the Zaandam, March 19th. My DH would love to go to Aruba. Hopefully we will be able to plan a trip soon without our kids. It sounds like you are the person to talk to about Aruba. I have a friend who goes to Aruba at least twice a year. They love it, also. We are taking our DD's on the Zaandam for Easter Break, so the Aruba trip will be in the future.

Do you have any suggestions for spa treatments?

Yes, Aruba is our first love, home away from home.

We are adopting an 8 year old girl who has been part of our lives since September. She had never traveled anywhere previously and was very nervous, not knowing what to expect.

She was just overjoyed by her first cruise! She had nothing to compare it to, but was very happily occupied between Club HAL, the swimming pool and being spoiled rotten by the steward, busboy, and head steward in the dining room! She still looks at the photos every day.

Hope to post my review later today, it is VERY long. In the meantime my photos are here Just use the top drop down box for the additional pages.

Any questions, pls feel free to email me.

Archived