NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

I must have been 10 when I went to Hearst Castle with my parents for the first time - I was in awe -- then Narce and I have been several times - I think I may have gone on all the tours now - I love my cookbook that I bought from there - my hobby, I buy cookbooks all the time from everywhere but don't cook from them - I am a terrible cook!! ha!ha! anyway, you probably ate at the Pea Soup place in Buelton? we eat at the one by Gustine/Patterson whenever we are on 5 on the way home from LA or fresno - love their soup - was just looking at our pics where you put your face in the hole and you are either little pea or the bigger pea!! ha!ha!!

Need to go to the men's room at Madonna ! Char sent me a postcard of it a couple of years back - isn't there a ship that has the urinal facing the glass wall looking out on the ocean? I want to say it's one of the Voyager class ships...

carol

Carol, I've eaten at the Buellton (think it has two ll's not sure though) once and of course had to have the split pea soup. I don't remember the "pea" hole though.

I think the men's room at the Madonna Inn is famous for the "rock" and the laser light that make the stream trickle...Well I wonder which VOYAGER ship has the fantastic view; okay men, where are you?

Carol and Janice thanks for all the information on Morro Bay. When the kids were young we use to stay in a hotel in Atascadero. We would visit this little zoo, eat at Apple Farm, and let the kids swim in the pool all day. Sometimes the guys would go fishing while my sister and I sat by pool. We have not been back to that area in at least 20 years. We've been to Hearst Castle a few times maybe we should go back one day. It's funny how our perspective changes as we get older. The reason why I asked you about Morro Bay was because of your posts I thought maybe I had missed something.

I've only driven by Mt. Madonna Inn it does sound kinda kooky.

Carol I know all about bunions my Mom had her's done twice. The last time she bit the bullet and had both feet done at the same time. She's a trooper she lives alone and rarely needed anything. My sister also had her's removed. Luckily I have never had this problem.

I hope Narce is up and about soon.

Today Southwest opened their Sept reservations. We usually fly on American yet we are so tired of paying for luggage I thought I'd book SW. This morning one of my friends from Texas sent me a text at 4:30 AM reminding to book my flights. I woke up turned on my computer and booked them. There really were not very many flights being offered for the day we wanted to fly. It cost $149 per person one way SJC to Orlando with a one stop. I also like that I can change our flights on SW and I could not on American.

Yvonne, the reason we had a little reunion in Morro Bay was because it was the half-way point for those coming from Southern California and those of us from Northern California. I think some people actually stayed there overnight after our luncheon but 6 of us headed further south to SLO.

Oh I better look at the SWA site! Thanks for that tip...

Thanx Yvonne - Narce is doing fine - still taking it easy and he misses his daily walks but he knows he has to be patient so that his foot will heal as expected. He didn't use his crutches this time around except for maybe the first week after surgery; his other foot, he used them for about a month. I am glad I don't have problems with my feet either - would freak me out.

I love Morro Bay and enjoy going to all the little shops and I also love the view of the rock.

You got a really good price on your airfare on SW- ours from SF to Orlando was $400 each, round trip, which was really good compared to over $600 on United and Alaska - plus paying luggages... and we loved that SW allows you two without charges - I did buy the $10 per person for priority seating... maybe if I had waited longer, I would have gotten a better deal and I hate to look into it now - I wonder if I can get the lower price even tho' I have already booked and already billed on my visa?

My next airfare will be from SF to NJ - hope it'll be a good one - I think it was you Yvonne who said SW will start flying to Newark NJ ... I'd better look into that now too -

thanx for all the air tips =

today we went out to pizza for lunch - tomorrow we are going to Lodi to join my high school buddies for dinner somewhere - it's our inner, secret circle of friends whom we refer to as family - there are 8 of us who are very close and we try not to tell some of the others we meet for special dinners/lunches - not very nice of us but oh well, sometimes we just have to do that cuz we are not that compatible with some of the others ...

carol

Thanx Yvonne - Narce is doing fine - still taking it easy and he misses his daily walks but he knows he has to be patient so that his foot will heal as expected. He didn't use his crutches this time around except for maybe the first week after surgery; his other foot, he used them for about a month. I am glad I don't have problems with my feet either - would freak me out.

I love Morro Bay and enjoy going to all the little shops and I also love the view of the rock.

You got a really good price on your airfare on SW- ours from SF to Orlando was $400 each, round trip, which was really good compared to over $600 on United and Alaska - plus paying luggages... and we loved that SW allows you two without charges - I did buy the $10 per person for priority seating... maybe if I had waited longer, I would have gotten a better deal and I hate to look into it now - I wonder if I can get the lower price even tho' I have already booked and already billed on my visa?

My next airfare will be from SF to NJ - hope it'll be a good one - I think it was you Yvonne who said SW will start flying to Newark NJ ... I'd better look into that now too -

thanx for all the air tips =

today we went out to pizza for lunch - tomorrow we are going to Lodi to join my high school buddies for dinner somewhere - it's our inner, secret circle of friends whom we refer to as family - there are 8 of us who are very close and we try not to tell some of the others we meet for special dinners/lunches - not very nice of us but oh well, sometimes we just have to do that cuz we are not that compatible with some of the others ...

carol

Hello Carol, have fun tomorrow at lunch...I have a board meeting at 6:30 and then need to catch up on my TUES night TV shows.

Hey Carol it is super easy to change your reservation on SW if you find a cheaper flight. I usually am not this tight but yesterday I checked my flight to Arizona that I booked a while ago and the rate had gone down $14. At the top of the SW home page put your mouse over air, when the drop down menu opens choose change reservation. I usually have researched already which flight I want that is now cheaper. Once you complete all the information it will show a credit and that must be used I believe within one year. I figured that will cover my Early Bird payment so I went for it. I also changed my Orlando flight 3 times yesterday because I could not decide on what time and day I wanted to arrive.

So tomorrow I am also meeting with some of my school classmates. I laughed so hard when you mentioned the secret circle of friends because we have that too. Its so hard to get away with this like one time we accidentally said something like lets get together and go to dinner again. Sure enough one of the ladies not in the secret circle was all over it. She was like when did you girls go to dinner blah blah blah. We tried to cover it up YIKES hate to make anyone feel left out. Sometimes the group just gets too big and its hard to talk intimately.

Hi Janice :)

Hey Carol it is super easy to change your reservation on SW if you find a cheaper flight. I usually am not this tight but yesterday I checked my flight to Arizona that I booked a while ago and the rate had gone down $14. At the top of the SW home page put your mouse over air, when the drop down menu opens choose change reservation. I usually have researched already which flight I want that is now cheaper. Once you complete all the information it will show a credit and that must be used I believe within one year. I figured that will cover my Early Bird payment so I went for it. I also changed my Orlando flight 3 times yesterday because I could not decide on what time and day I wanted to arrive.

So tomorrow I am also meeting with some of my school classmates. I laughed so hard when you mentioned the secret circle of friends because we have that too. Its so hard to get away with this like one time we accidentally said something like lets get together and go to dinner again. Sure enough one of the ladies not in the secret circle was all over it. She was like when did you girls go to dinner blah blah blah. We tried to cover it up YIKES hate to make anyone feel left out. Sometimes the group just gets too big and its hard to talk intimately.

Hi Janice :)

Hello Yvonne!

So do you have the day off too? It's nice that you both have high school friends nearby...mine are scattered (Redmond, WA & Houston, TX). I am closer to my friends that I met in college or at one of my previous jobs.

It was strange going to my 40th HS reunion and seeing how some of my classmates have aged or not aged.

Have a great evening Carol and Yvonne; got to catch up and need to see the latest Hawaii 50.

I love Hawaii 50 too but haven't watched much of it - need to record it but I forget to do that too -

Our secret dinner with just the FAMILY turned out real good - hubbys were invited but only narce was able to come -however, Claude, our ring leader was there, of course, it's his ranch that we do our BBQ at and he provides all the new york steaks -

anyway, he is a biggee in Lodi - has his own business but is so humble and you would never know he is $$$$ filthy. so he tells us that his daughter is going to be 35 and as usual, will have a special family dinner - his surprise is he is buying her a guitar, custom made by a Chris Martin - his guitar I think - company... and hers will have her name on it, etc etc.....and the other surprise is Claude has a friend who is able to fly in Paul McCartney, Sir Paul...to the dinner to surprise Mia - when Mia was about maybe 13 or 14, she was able to play keyboard while PM sang at one of the jam sessions he had in England... I think I showed you that pic Janice...of the pic that they had hanging on their wall with Mia and PM - I took a pic of the pic...anyway, she will be surprised !! now, I am a Beatles fan but PM was not my favorite - but hey, if I see him at a party, I would go bonkers!! So, WE, the FAMILY of our inner circle of friends is NOT invited!! heehee!! we have no clout I guess!! shucks!!

To make up for it, Claude is inviting us as his guests to the Christy Minstrels concert in Lodi over the summer - he always invites us but we never go cuz we usually have other things planned- me and Narce anyway - the other 4 members of the Family have gone and they say it's fun. He is best friends with one of the members - the original member - they are old like us -- and every yr they help him out with a fund raiser but like I said, we have never gone - so maybe this yr we will.

We went to Haru's in Lodi for Japanese food - we always go there - pretty good for a small town like Lodi.

and yes, Yvonne, we have had some 'spills' -- I have an oyster fest 2 summers ago and invited 6 of the FAMILY members - and then two months later, we were at Claude's and his wife said to me, real loud and in front of 2 non-family-members -- that was a very nice dinner Carol - we loved coming over... I saw Cece and Linda just look at Marilyn and tried to figure out what she said - and I said, glad you enjoyed it... and out I went before the two could question me. They know that if they asked me why they were not invited, I would be frank and say, cuz I am limited in the people I can invite since my patio can hold only 8 comfortably -- however, I have had as many as 60 with lots of room for more for parties! ha!ha!

The family has now planned a pot luck and also a get away in May in Lake Tahoe.

I looked up SW and my rate for SF to Orland0 went up $10 each-- so I am fine with my fare - but thanx for the pointer, I will do that each time now. carol

I love Hawaii 50 too but haven't watched much of it - need to record it but I forget to do that too -

Our secret dinner with just the FAMILY turned out real good - hubbys were invited but only narce was able to come -however, Claude, our ring leader was there, of course, it's his ranch that we do our BBQ at and he provides all the new york steaks -

anyway, he is a biggee in Lodi - has his own business but is so humble and you would never know he is $$$$ filthy. so he tells us that his daughter is going to be 35 and as usual, will have a special family dinner - his surprise is he is buying her a guitar, custom made by a Chris Martin - his guitar I think - company... and hers will have her name on it, etc etc.....and the other surprise is Claude has a friend who is able to fly in Paul McCartney, Sir Paul...to the dinner to surprise Mia - when Mia was about maybe 13 or 14, she was able to play keyboard while PM sang at one of the jam sessions he had in England... I think I showed you that pic Janice...of the pic that they had hanging on their wall with Mia and PM - I took a pic of the pic...anyway, she will be surprised !! now, I am a Beatles fan but PM was not my favorite - but hey, if I see him at a party, I would go bonkers!! So, WE, the FAMILY of our inner circle of friends is NOT invited!! heehee!! we have no clout I guess!! shucks!!

To make up for it, Claude is inviting us as his guests to the Christy Minstrels concert in Lodi over the summer - he always invites us but we never go cuz we usually have other things planned- me and Narce anyway - the other 4 members of the Family have gone and they say it's fun. He is best friends with one of the members - the original member - they are old like us -- and every yr they help him out with a fund raiser but like I said, we have never gone - so maybe this yr we will.

We went to Haru's in Lodi for Japanese food - we always go there - pretty good for a small town like Lodi.

and yes, Yvonne, we have had some 'spills' -- I have an oyster fest 2 summers ago and invited 6 of the FAMILY members - and then two months later, we were at Claude's and his wife said to me, real loud and in front of 2 non-family-members -- that was a very nice dinner Carol - we loved coming over... I saw Cece and Linda just look at Marilyn and tried to figure out what she said - and I said, glad you enjoyed it... and out I went before the two could question me. They know that if they asked me why they were not invited, I would be frank and say, cuz I am limited in the people I can invite since my patio can hold only 8 comfortably -- however, I have had as many as 60 with lots of room for more for parties! ha!ha!

The family has now planned a pot luck and also a get away in May in Lake Tahoe.

I looked up SW and my rate for SF to Orland0 went up $10 each-- so I am fine with my fare - but thanx for the pointer, I will do that each time now. carol

Carol, I keep getting mailings about all of the wineries in Lodi and I know that sometime soon that is a must...plus Lodi seems to have lots of special and fun "festivals" too.

I would love to meet Sir Paul someday...he seems so nice! So a custom guitar, I would think one from Eric Clapton would be special! I checked a fare for the end of March to Columbia, SC via one of two airports that SWA flies into and the fare went up dramatically so will keep checking back.

Yvonne, you seem to have an "in" perhaps you can tell me if there is a special coming up again. We are looking to fly March 29th coming back March 31st. I wish we had more time as I would love to explore Charleston, SC.

Hello to Narce!

Janice I think the reason why the price on your flights is coming up high is because its so close to the actual day you want to fly. I'm not sure when you booked but you know how it is supply and demand. See I booked my flight for Sept yesterday I will keep a eye on the price and if it drops I'm on it. The best flights at the lowest prices always go first. I booked my flight for Arizona on Dec 1st for May. So far that one has only dropped $14.

My sister is a travel agent so she helps me with some of my bookings.

Janice I think the reason why the price on your flights is coming up high is because its so close to the actual day you want to fly. I'm not sure when you booked but you know how it is supply and demand. See I booked my flight for Sept yesterday I will keep a eye on the price and if it drops I'm on it. The best flights at the lowest prices always go first. I booked my flight for Arizona on Dec 1st for May. So far that one has only dropped $14.

My sister is a travel agent so she helps me with some of my bookings.

Hello Yvonne!

I know that Southwest always runs these specials and I should probably just go ahead and book; then keep checking for any reductions. We do have one free ticket.

Must be nice to have a travel agent sister! Have a wonderful evening!

Thanx for all the tips re: SW -- !! Nice to have a TA for a sister, Yvonne - you already gave me some info on hotels which I noted. I am sure we will be going to Orlando more often for cruises and we can stay at the hotels near the pier - for this cruise coming up, since we will be with our nephew and niece, we are going to stay near DisneyWorld..

Lodi is quaint - love it - I love the old downtown and recall when my Mom and I used to shop there for clothes like at the old JC Penney's and other little boutiques that they had in those days - and now, on the main drag, highway 12 - there are the usual WMart, Target, etc etc... they have the wine festival there - I had a big book that I took from the hotel from last summer's classmates BBQ, but I got into one of my dumping moods a couple of months ago and threw out the book! ha!ha! thinking, I can always grab a newer one next June when we stay for the weekend again.

There is one place on Hiwy 12 called Philipps Farm - the gang and I meet there for lunch sometimes- fruitstand turned cafe - it has a small wine tasting of David/Michael wine - plus sells homemade pies! yummmmmmmm- the blueberry peach is so good.

I loved Charleston, SC - another quaint city - we toured the downtown on one of the horse drawn carriages - ate at one of the many popular eateries - drove around - wish we could have stayed longer but we were there for only 5 days, we attended a wedding for Narce's niece about 15 yrs ago - but it is still fresh in my mind how much we enjoyed the city. Then we drove to Savannah and walked around that scenic place too.

carol

Carol I've never stopped in Lodi yet listening to you talk about it maybe we need to stop by for lunch and a glass of wine. Also Phillips Farm its funny most tourist just driving by probably would not know about all these hidden gems especially that blueberry peach pie YUMMY.

We have not been lucky enough to visit Charleston, SC. How about New Orleans have you ladies gone to Burbon Street? I'll bet you have. What did you think? We went around 5 years ago at the end of February. This was about a week after Mardi Gras you could still see lots of beads on roof tops from our hotel. The hotel we stayed at was the Royal Sonesta right on Burbon Street. We had those typical French doors leading out to our lace balcony. We toured the whole town and even took a boat trip down the bayou. We were so lucky because the weather was amazing not too hot, not too much humidty. We hit most the spots all the tourist go and loved every minute of it. Though I will say staying on Burbon Street was very noisy, they party all night long and the minute the party stops the street sweepers arrive and it starts all over again. Yet we really go the feel of Burbon Street.

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

Thanx for all the tips re: SW -- !! Nice to have a TA for a sister, Yvonne - you already gave me some info on hotels which I noted. I am sure we will be going to Orlando more often for cruises and we can stay at the hotels near the pier - for this cruise coming up, since we will be with our nephew and niece, we are going to stay near DisneyWorld..

Lodi is quaint - love it - I love the old downtown and recall when my Mom and I used to shop there for clothes like at the old JC Penney's and other little boutiques that they had in those days - and now, on the main drag, highway 12 - there are the usual WMart, Target, etc etc... they have the wine festival there - I had a big book that I took from the hotel from last summer's classmates BBQ, but I got into one of my dumping moods a couple of months ago and threw out the book! ha!ha! thinking, I can always grab a newer one next June when we stay for the weekend again.

There is one place on Hiwy 12 called Philipps Farm - the gang and I meet there for lunch sometimes- fruitstand turned cafe - it has a small wine tasting of David/Michael wine - plus sells homemade pies! yummmmmmmm- the blueberry peach is so good.

I loved Charleston, SC - another quaint city - we toured the downtown on one of the horse drawn carriages - ate at one of the many popular eateries - drove around - wish we could have stayed longer but we were there for only 5 days, we attended a wedding for Narce's niece about 15 yrs ago - but it is still fresh in my mind how much we enjoyed the city. Then we drove to Savannah and walked around that scenic place too.

carol

Carol and Yvonne, I learned something new yesterday regarding SWA.

When I came home I looked at the existing fares for our future flight: SJC to GSP and they were high. An hour later I wanted to check something out and the fares were lower so I booked Patrick's ticket; I had a free one to book.

Anyhow, when I came home from a dinner with a good friend (2 hrs later) I went in to book my flight and saw that the fares had shot up again. Plus the outbound flight that I had Patrick on was unavailable...during the course of deciding what to do I saw another option close up and said unavailable. SO I selected an earlier outbound flight and had to adjust Patrick's original booking. Fortunately it was the same price.

Today I saw the same thing in a matter of hours...I thought the fares changed daily not hourly!

Carol I've never stopped in Lodi yet listening to you talk about it maybe we need to stop by for lunch and a glass of wine. Also Phillips Farm its funny most tourist just driving by probably would not know about all these hidden gems especially that blueberry peach pie YUMMY.

We have not been lucky enough to visit Charleston, SC. How about New Orleans have you ladies gone to Burbon Street? I'll bet you have. What did you think? We went around 5 years ago at the end of February. This was about a week after Mardi Gras you could still see lots of beads on roof tops from our hotel. The hotel we stayed at was the Royal Sonesta right on Burbon Street. We had those typical French doors leading out to our lace balcony. We toured the whole town and even took a boat trip down the bayou. We were so lucky because the weather was amazing not too hot, not too much humidty. We hit most the spots all the tourist go and loved every minute of it. Though I will say staying on Burbon Street was very noisy, they party all night long and the minute the party stops the street sweepers arrive and it starts all over again. Yet we really go the feel of Burbon Street.

We have never been to South Carolina and unfortunately do not have much time next month. I would love to see Charleston as the CSAA Tour Book has mega pages on that city. I settled on flying into GSP because we have a cruising friend that we are hoping to get together with Tuesday evening the 29th; she lives nearby.

However, we have been to New Orleans. We loved it there fortunately we visited the year before Katrina; went for our anniversary. Patrick loves their accent and I love the food and the people! Yvonne must have been fun staying on Bourbon Street; we stayed in the warehouse district at the Embassy Suites. We got upgraded to a wonderful suite!

we went to a nice place in Lodi for dinner with our classmates once - will dig it up - wine and something is the name --

Yes, we have been to NO and gosh - can't think, another popular place near NO - stayed also at the Embassy Suites where you have breakfast once, the servers ask your name and by the next morning, they all know you by name - went with another couple whom we cruise with also - and we had a blast - was there for 1 entire week - about 15 yrs ago - very long time ago - the guys had a business trip and we gals were able to go with them - so Dawn and I would ride around during their meetings - found some malls - or hang around

the area near the hotel. I need to send for some pralines from Aunt Sally's!!

We went to a plantation and toured it - ate all the crawdads we could in every way they could fix it! WEnt on the Nachez steamboat ride, etc.. anyway, it's a fun place to be at - enjoyed Bourbon St very much, listened to blues music, and of course, all the food we could put down!

Janice, when we were in Charleston, we were with family for 3 of the 5 days, so of course, we weren't able to do and see as much as we wanted to - but it was so much fun and hopefuly we can return soon.

today was another beautiful day here - went out as is our regular routine now... ate lunch at Mel's Diner here in our area - then Narce fixed us abalone for dinner - given by his friends who dive... really good.

I hope you all have a good weekend -

be back with the name of the place in Lodi...

carol

Yvonne: The Lodi Beer Co is good - on School street - it has a website so you can just put that in and it should take you there - has some good reviews - hubby isn't too excited about it but I like it so he gives in - they have 'fried mac and cheese' - I do not like mac/cheese but the fried one for an appetizer is good - it's a pub like atmosphere - sandwiches, etc... good entre's too -

the other one we go to is Wine and Roses on Turner - has mixed reviews - some like it and some don't - I am so/so... was good when were there for one of our classmates gatherings.

lots of wineries in Lodi - and I usually just go to the restaurant section of the Lodi website and read reviews and go from there... on School St., which is the old downtown revamped.. there are several restaurants there - there is one of the corner I have no clue what the name of it is - always full - has tables outside. It's usually a Carol adventure to go to a place and just pick an eatery out of the blue!! hit or miss!! most of the time Narce doesn't like it but I tell him cuz he doesn't know how to order!! ha!ha!

carol

Carol and Yvonne, I learned something new yesterday regarding SWA.

When I came home I looked at the existing fares for our future flight: SJC to GSP and they were high. An hour later I wanted to check something out and the fares were lower so I booked Patrick's ticket; I had a free one to book.

Anyhow, when I came home from a dinner with a good friend (2 hrs later) I went in to book my flight and saw that the fares had shot up again. Plus the outbound flight that I had Patrick on was unavailable...during the course of deciding what to do I saw another option close up and said unavailable. SO I selected an earlier outbound flight and had to adjust Patrick's original booking. Fortunately it was the same price.

Today I saw the same thing in a matter of hours...I thought the fares changed daily not hourly!

I have lots and lots of chores to do today so I will make this short. I usually check my flights on Southwest everyday to see if our rate has gone down. After reading your post I think I better check a few times a day. So remember I told you we are flying to Arizona in May to visit my sister well this morning I check and the price dropped $44 total. Yahoo that's on top of the $12 drop last week. So keep checking your flights. I'm still hoping my flight to Orlando has a sudden drop one day. :)

We have been neglecting our garage since before Christmas so today is the day. You know those last few Xmas decorations that somehow got missed. Then I walked into CVS one day weeks after Xmas and they still had Xmas wrap and now it was 75% off so of course I bought some. Well time to get organized though my hubby is not too happy about it. He said its going to be 74 at the beach (hint, hint). Hey I like to have a good time on my weekends but eventually things need to get done. It drives me crazy to open the garage door and see stuff stacked up. After raising 4 kids I should be use to stuff stacked up but now I'm ready for some order in my life. Wish me luck :).

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

DOn't ask me about organizing things - I do not refer to myself as Ms UnOrganized for nothin!! ha!ha!

and I hate to disappoint you but I went to CVS last Tues and found the wrapping paper 90% OFF!!! I didn't buy any cuz I use bags mostly - there were some felt ornts that were about 8" in diameter - but they were not that cute - some other time I would have bought them at 90% off, just cuz.........but I am trying to be a little bit more selective now... but I love Christmas things especially good sales...

be back later --- sun shine out and altho' we are not near a beach - we will sit in the backyard and just be ma and pa kettle -

we already went to Concord for a ride, shopped at the Asian market, had lunch at Claim Jumpers and now I am just veggin' out..

carol

I have lots and lots of chores to do today so I will make this short. I usually check my flights on Southwest everyday to see if our rate has gone down. After reading your post I think I better check a few times a day. So remember I told you we are flying to Arizona in May to visit my sister well this morning I check and the price dropped $44 total. Yahoo that's on top of the $12 drop last week. So keep checking your flights. I'm still hoping my flight to Orlando has a sudden drop one day. :)

We have been neglecting our garage since before Christmas so today is the day. You know those last few Xmas decorations that somehow got missed. Then I walked into CVS one day weeks after Xmas and they still had Xmas wrap and now it was 75% off so of course I bought some. Well time to get organized though my hubby is not too happy about it. He said its going to be 74 at the beach (hint, hint). Hey I like to have a good time on my weekends but eventually things need to get done. It drives me crazy to open the garage door and see stuff stacked up. After raising 4 kids I should be use to stuff stacked up but now I'm ready for some order in my life. Wish me luck :).

Yvonne you should be commended! We moved from a three bedroom 2 car garage into a 2 bedroom 1 car garage and I had to get rid of so many things. I know I am a pack rat but an organized one...however, now that we moved I don't know where a number of things are anymore. I bet your garage is very organized!

Enjoy the weather tomorrow as it is supposed to get wintry again. FYI, I almost called you at work Friday afternoon...

DOn't ask me about organizing things - I do not refer to myself as Ms UnOrganized for nothin!! ha!ha!

and I hate to disappoint you but I went to CVS last Tues and found the wrapping paper 90% OFF!!! I didn't buy any cuz I use bags mostly - there were some felt ornts that were about 8" in diameter - but they were not that cute - some other time I would have bought them at 90% off, just cuz.........but I am trying to be a little bit more selective now... but I love Christmas things especially good sales...

be back later --- sun shine out and altho' we are not near a beach - we will sit in the backyard and just be ma and pa kettle -

we already went to Concord for a ride, shopped at the Asian market, had lunch at Claim Jumpers and now I am just veggin' out..

carol

Carol, oh we love Claim Jumpers...the menu is so extensive that it is often hard to decide what to get. We went back to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and I was disappointed again; oh well!

A hug for you and Narce! Enjoy the rest of the weekend...

Janice: I love Five Guys - would get my fill in NJ but they opened one up here in Pleasant Hill across from the theater we always go to - another one is near my Mom's in Fremont.

I didn't realize you had problems with 5Guys - I thought it was Famous Dave's -- so both of them?

Yes, the menu at Claim Jumper is super much... love it - altho' the server told us that they were bought out by _____ forgot what she said and she said they have taken some things out of the menu - like the bread pudding that I used to love.

I saw the huge choc cake was still there - have never had it cuz it's too much for me - I am usually too full for dessert, as much as I love sweets - and Narce is not into choc that much.

c

Yvonne you should be commended! We moved from a three bedroom 2 car garage into a 2 bedroom 1 car garage and I had to get rid of so many things. I know I am a pack rat but an organized one...however, now that we moved I don't know where a number of things are anymore. I bet your garage is very organized!

Enjoy the weather tomorrow as it is supposed to get wintry again. FYI, I almost called you at work Friday afternoon...

Hey Janice you should have called me on Friday I worked till 6 and it was pretty slow. I'm off tomorrow then I work Tues-Sat for the next few weeks.

Well some say I'm organized yet when I look around and see stuff stacking up I don't feel so organized. Honestly the stuff we collected through the years raising this family seems to no longer be needed. I honestly can't imagine using all this camping equipment yet I hang onto it because I think well the kids might want it one day. Then all their memorabilia from their rooms is stacked up in buckets. I don't have the heart to get rid of it though its hard to think that their wives would be thrilled to see what's in those boxes. Anyway we made huge headway in that garage thanks to my hubby. It is a two car garage yet we installed cabinets on both walls so it is now only a one car garage. When I say two car garage it would have been a very tight fit for sure. My neighbor squeezes his two cars in with not a inch to spare and you could eat off floor in his garage.

I can't remember if I mentioned to you gals about this thread I subscribed to on Southwest. It talks about Early Bird check in and if its worth it. Here is a link just in case you are interested. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27922034#post27922034

For our cruises I always use the Early Bird check in especially since our flights to Florida are so long I want a good seat.

Today my niece has a play at Santa Clara University so I'm being a good Auntie and attending. I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.

Yvonne

Our garage is full but it's kinda' organized chaos - since it's hubby's territory, of course he'll say it's fine - whereas my computer room is totally a fire hazard. We could never put two cars in our 2-car section of the garage - unless they are two Coopers - even the VW bugs would be too wide! ha!ha! and the one car part of the garage is so tight that our narrow car barely fits - geeze... what were they thinking of!

Yes, I bought the $10 early boarding deal - my girlfriend who flies SW for business all the time told me it's worth it - sounds like it is from the thread you gave us the link to Yvonne - thanx for that.

Do we print out our boarding passes at home? (like I do for the other airlines?) - and Narce was asking me, we would get EB from SF, what about the two other stops enroute to Orlando - and the thread answered that question, yes, we do get EB from first airport, and also the other stops - cuz we have two stops after SF ; the good part about that is, we do NOT change planes - so seems like we can just go to the gate and sit and get on the same plane - hate changing planes.

Thanx for all the pointers, all travel tips are good to know.

Enjoy the play! carol

Janice: I love Five Guys - would get my fill in NJ but they opened one up here in Pleasant Hill across from the theater we always go to - another one is near my Mom's in Fremont.

I didn't realize you had problems with 5Guys - I thought it was Famous Dave's -- so both of them?

Yes, the menu at Claim Jumper is super much... love it - altho' the server told us that they were bought out by _____ forgot what she said and she said they have taken some things out of the menu - like the bread pudding that I used to love.

I saw the huge choc cake was still there - have never had it cuz it's too much for me - I am usually too full for dessert, as much as I love sweets - and Narce is not into choc that much.

c

Carol, we will be going back to Famous Dave's and probably Five Guys. I did like the food at Famous Dave's and my tummy problem was probably unrelated. Five Guys on the other hand in my opinion is rather bland or something...especially the fries. However, we have not tried the Cajun fries but those probably will not be to Patrick's taste. This time we went to the Fremont location for Five Guys and it was not as crowded or noisy.

No more bread pudding? I love the smaller desserts that PF Chang's has available. FYI, you need a party to finish off the chocolate cake at Claim Jumper!

Hey Janice you should have called me on Friday I worked till 6 and it was pretty slow. I'm off tomorrow then I work Tues-Sat for the next few weeks.

Well some say I'm organized yet when I look around and see stuff stacking up I don't feel so organized. Honestly the stuff we collected through the years raising this family seems to no longer be needed. I honestly can't imagine using all this camping equipment yet I hang onto it because I think well the kids might want it one day. Then all their memorabilia from their rooms is stacked up in buckets. I don't have the heart to get rid of it though its hard to think that their wives would be thrilled to see what's in those boxes. Anyway we made huge headway in that garage thanks to my hubby. It is a two car garage yet we installed cabinets on both walls so it is now only a one car garage. When I say two car garage it would have been a very tight fit for sure. My neighbor squeezes his two cars in with not a inch to spare and you could eat off floor in his garage.

I can't remember if I mentioned to you gals about this thread I subscribed to on Southwest. It talks about Early Bird check in and if its worth it. Here is a link just in case you are interested. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27922034#post27922034

For our cruises I always use the Early Bird check in especially since our flights to Florida are so long I want a good seat.

Today my niece has a play at Santa Clara University so I'm being a good Auntie and attending. I hope you all have a beautiful Sunday.

Yvonne

Yvonne, I just browsed through your link. People are so selfish nowadays and I am glad that that flight attendant spoke up...as I have said the long hauls on SWA are a killer. So your hubby is 6'3"...mine is just 6' and he had to endure a broken seat in front of us on the casino bus today. Fortunately he was on the aisle.

We are flying to SC on a very short trip out and I only plan on bringing carryon and do not want to have to worry about no space. What also gets me angry are the people who have a "bigger" bag and it goes in horizontal not vertical as they are supposed to; I rarely see a flight attendant disallowing those from the overheads.

FYI, I will call you sometime this week. Hope you enjoyed the play!