NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta] Yvonne, our babies know when "mom & dad" are going to be leaving. The very first time our dear "Ollie" decide to pee in our suitcase...you never left it on the floor horizontally. You have to admit that that is quite a statement.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Actually duct tape is probably something we should always carry everywhere. Just think it could have helped me with the dress! I have a question about the SWA early bird purchase. Do you still check in 24 hours in advance to print out your boarding pass or does SW email that to you? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Janice if you paid the $10 each way for Early Bird check in you do not need to check in 24hrs before. That is what you are paying the $10 for they automatically check you in before the 24 hrs time that everyone else checks in. This is a interesting thread I have been keeping an eye on [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1063255&page=14[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Janice if you paid the $10 each way for Early Bird check in you do not need to check in 24hrs before. That is what you are paying the $10 for they automatically check you in before the 24 hrs time that everyone else checks in. This is a interesting thread I have been keeping an eye on [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1063255&page=14[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne, thank for the link did a quick overview. SO do I still print out my boarding pass before we leave? Okay confused...I will read the whole thread after I come back home from taking mom shopping.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Have a wonderful SUNDAY![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne, thank for the link did a quick overview. SO do I still print out my boarding pass before we leave? Okay confused...I will read the whole thread after I come back home from taking mom shopping.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Have a wonderful SUNDAY![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Finally sunshine OMG I need to get out of this house and soak up some vitamin D before it starts raining again. Janice if its convenient you can print it up before or wait till you get to the airport. Enjoy you time with your Mom :)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Finally sunshine OMG I need to get out of this house and soak up some vitamin D before it starts raining again. Janice if its convenient you can print it up before or wait till you get to the airport. Enjoy you time with your Mom :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy] Yvonne, my mom is 84 and does not drive; she is feisty. Anyhow shopping with her totally exhausts me mentally and physically you can ask dear Patrick too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy]Ciao bella![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy] Yvonne, my mom is 84 and does not drive; she is feisty. Anyhow shopping with her totally exhausts me mentally and physically you can ask dear Patrick too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy]Ciao bella![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My mom turned 85 last Saturday and she is feisty too. She still drives yet we are starting to think its not such a great idea. We had a little scare last week with her. She has diabetes and does pretty good with her food and meds. The doctor changed her meds because her numbers were not looking so good. A few days later she woke up in a cold sweat and her heart was racing. She also was having the feeling of low blood sugar off and on. We called her doctor he told her to stop the new meds. She also had a cold or the flu during this time so we all started freaking out. My sister flew down from Arizona and stayed with her for a week. My other two sisters were on high alert bringing food and thinking of the unthinkable what if mom needs more constant care. My mom has been very independant and she lives alone heck she raised 7 kids with little help from my dad who worked all the time.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] We were all lucky she starting getting better and confessed she was eating a little too much sugary foods and at times forgetting to take her meds. It scared the living day lights out of not only her but all of us also. She has made the changes necessary to control her diabetes and is taking better care of herself. We are very lucky to live very close to her, three of us daughters live within a mile or two of her home.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]So I understand very much what you mean when you say your mom is fiesty.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]My mom turned 85 last Saturday and she is feisty too. She still drives yet we are starting to think its not such a great idea. We had a little scare last week with her. She has diabetes and does pretty good with her food and meds. The doctor changed her meds because her numbers were not looking so good. A few days later she woke up in a cold sweat and her heart was racing. She also was having the feeling of low blood sugar off and on. We called her doctor he told her to stop the new meds. She also had a cold or the flu during this time so we all started freaking out. My sister flew down from Arizona and stayed with her for a week. My other two sisters were on high alert bringing food and thinking of the unthinkable what if mom needs more constant care. My mom has been very independant and she lives alone heck she raised 7 kids with little help from my dad who worked all the time.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We were all lucky she starting getting better and confessed she was eating a little too much sugary foods and at times forgetting to take her meds. It scared the living day lights out of not only her but all of us also. She has made the changes necessary to control her diabetes and is taking better care of herself. We are very lucky to live very close to her, three of us daughters live within a mile or two of her home.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]So I understand very much what you mean when you say your mom is fiesty.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4] [COLOR=sienna]Yvonne, your mom is lucky to have so many chidren and having daughters nearby. My brother and nephew actually live with my mom but of course being guys not all that wonderful! Since my dad passed away last year my mom has been a handful and she spends lots of her time trying to understand the financials which she knows nothing; dad did all of that and the bills. Poor mom does not even know how to write a check.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Glad your mom's condition is now under control! I worry that my mom doesn't always eat a balanced diet but when I take her shopping she is always buying fruit and vegetables.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Thanks again for the info on SWA! Enjoy the week; I just heard that SJ is supposed to be in the 80's Wed & Thur.![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks Corkey for the invite, I notice many of you are from San Jose. My wife Carol is from Fremont, and I am from Watsonville. We are now living in Ione.

We lost Carol's mom 3 years ago to esophageal cancer, and our upcoming cruise to Alaska is our "healing" trip. She took a cruise to Alaska the year before she passed and we were unable to accompany her there at the time. So in her honor we are retracing her steps. We expect to have a great cruise and are leaving in 70 days!! barnismom and SanJoseGal, feisty is GOOD and your mom's are lucky to have you! My mom is feisty too, so I know what you all mean. Thanks for inviting me and I'll be back soon!!

[quote name='craig-n-carol']Thanks Corkey for the invite, I notice many of you are from San Jose. My wife Carol is from Fremont, and I am from Watsonville. We are now living in Ione.

We lost Carol's mom 3 years ago to esophageal cancer, and our upcoming cruise to Alaska is our "healing" trip. She took a cruise to Alaska the year before she passed and we were unable to accompany her there at the time. So in her honor we are retracing her steps. We expect to have a great cruise and are leaving in 70 days!! barnismom and SanJoseGal, feisty is GOOD and your mom's are lucky to have you! My mom is feisty too, so I know what you all mean. Thanks for inviting me and I'll be back soon!![/quote]

Hi guys, my dad was 90 when he past away, a year ago and both my sister and I still miss him, he was a wonderful guy. He would say at times, "I'll dance at your next wedding, with cowbells on" He did have the cowbells that were kept on the hatrack. If the phone rang, and nobody was there, he'd say, "You rang my phone, if you wish to speak, speak up if not I'll hang up, goodby." "Don't do anything I wouldn't do cept kiss your boyfriend." Or, "Don't go away mad, just go away." Or, "you keep smiling, they'll wonder what you been up to, but keep 'em guessing."

Virginia

[SIZE=3]Thank You for sharing your Parent stories - Virginia - loved your Dad sayings... he sounded like he was a hoot - I know you miss him - I enjoyed reading about him when you sent us the memorial page last yr. Hang in there, It's hard... believe me - I think of my Dad each and every day and he passed 11 yrs ago - Janice, hope your MOM continues to be ok - I know she is a handful, but at least she doesn't have dementia like my Mom; altho' compared to what my Mom's personality was like before she developed dementia, I'd say, she is a little calmer now and happier- she enjoys our company more and is fun to be with - she used to be so cranky and uptight and mad at the world during all her years - she was always negative about me and Narce and you know how Narce is, he's just as you know him... a good and accommodating person, but she was mad at both of us for little things that she made big. oh well -- so I wish your MOm well, too, Yvonne - thank goodness you live close to her - take good care of her - it's nice to have a parent especially at our ages - It was scarey what she went thru, not to mention what you and your siblings had to go thru as well - makes it convenient that you live close to her.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Craig - thanks for coming over here - I love that you are posting on the CA thread, but this is more northern folks and we get a little bit more personal here and i think more of a tighter circle -- for get togethers, it's a lot easier to meet being from the east bay/northern cal - our CA thread counterpart is great too, and easier for them to meet since most of them live in the southern part. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]You will love Alaska - have you been there before? next yr is our yr to go, I want to go every other yr... i just love the beauty of Alaska - especially the glaciers. Sorry about Carol's Mom but the memory cruise will be so meaningful to you both... carol[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Yvonne: my mom's birthday is today and she is also 85... we celebrated with her last weekend - Narce had to work yesterday and today and with my bum eye, it's hard for me to drive to Union City so we will have to go and see her again when we can. Narce's dad is 94 -- we are hoping he can celebrate his 95th in Jan 2012-- with his health scare of last month, we are just praying that he makes it day by day... we love our parents and we just want to hang on for as long as we can - carol[/SIZE]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL']OMG you two had me cracking up reading your posts about what you forgot. Janice our dogs always knew when we were packing to go also isn't that amazing. Until you said that about your cat I thought it was all in our heads. [/quote]

We have a cat named Waldo that gets depressed/anxiety when we leave. The first time it happened was our first cruise. To make a long story short; after $500 in emergancy vet bills, they determined he was depressed because we left him home. Poor little guy.

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Yvonne, thank for the link did a quick overview. SO do I still print out my boarding pass before we leave? Okay confused...I will read the whole thread after I come back home from taking mom shopping.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]Have a wonderful SUNDAY![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Where are you flying Southwest to? We have credit we need to use, so we going to use SW to Newark (EWR). Long flight on a small aircraft.

[quote name='kingsnake57']We have a cat named Waldo that gets depressed/anxiety when we leave. The first time it happened was our first cruise. To make a long story short; after $500 in emergancy vet bills, they determined he was depressed because we left him home. Poor little guy.[/quote]

When my son and his wife left their cat for their wedding in Maui last year they returned to find their cat had chewed up his tail :eek:. Talk about vet bills.

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL']When my son and his wife left their cat for their wedding in Maui last year they returned to find their cat had chewed up his tail :eek:. Talk about vet bills.[/quote]

OMG!!! We are going to try leaving our lab home this next trip. We still have one kid living at home. He'll feed her in the morning and take her to doggy day care. In the afternoon, my father in law will bring her home and feed her. We're hopng it will be less stressful for her that way. We'll be gone 2 weeks and she's never been seperated from us that long.

[quote name='kingsnake57']Where are you flying Southwest to? We have credit we need to use, so we going to use SW to Newark (EWR). Long flight on a small aircraft.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thanx for reminding me - we will be sailing from Bayonne this Nov for the Caribbean so we have to fly from here and I want to book my SW flights - I see that you will be on the Explorer - we have sailed from NJ on her twice already and like going from Bayonne - this time we will be on Celebrity's Silhouette - when is your cruise?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]We had a dog from 1990 to 2001 - a weimeraner and she hated it when we were on vacation - however, she liked staying at home - we tried a kennel twice and she got depressed, got sick, and would not do anything but lie and ignore everyone - when she stayed home, we always had friends come in to feed her and play with her and she was ok with that -- of course when we got home, she was mad at us for leaving her.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]carol[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=3][COLOR=magenta]Thanx for reminding me - we will be sailing from Bayonne this Nov for the Caribbean so we have to fly from here and I want to book my SW flights - I see that you will be on the Explorer - we have sailed from NJ on her twice already and like going from Bayonne - this time we will be on Celebrity's Silhouette - when is your cruise?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]We had a dog from 1990 to 2001 - a weimeraner and she hated it when we were on vacation - however, she liked staying at home - we tried a kennel twice and she got depressed, got sick, and would not do anything but lie and ignore everyone - when she stayed home, we always had friends come in to feed her and play with her and she was ok with that -- of course when we got home, she was mad at us for leaving her.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff00ff]carol[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

We going Dec 1 for 10 days, then stay a couple days after to sight see New York. Good thing SWA just started service to Newark.

Our lab doesn't like to be confined. Last time she went to the kennel, she didn't want to be in the caged in area. They ended up letting her roam the play areas, which was really nice.

[quote name='craig-n-carol']Thanks Corkey for the invite, I notice many of you are from San Jose. My wife Carol is from Fremont, and I am from Watsonville. We are now living in Ione.

We lost Carol's mom 3 years ago to esophageal cancer, and our upcoming cruise to Alaska is our "healing" trip. She took a cruise to Alaska the year before she passed and we were unable to accompany her there at the time. So in her honor we are retracing her steps. We expect to have a great cruise and are leaving in 70 days!! barnismom and SanJoseGal, feisty is GOOD and your mom's are lucky to have you! My mom is feisty too, so I know what you all mean. Thanks for inviting me and I'll be back soon!![/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Craig, I grew up in Palo Alto and my husband in neaby Menlo Park. Although I graduated from San Jose State University I never felt that SJ was home...I cried when we bought our condo. However, because of the location we are in (Cambrian Park/Willow Glen; depends on the realtor) and the SJ Sharks I am more into SJ and it feels like home.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]I'm sorry that Carol lost her mom to cancer; never easy. I think it is wonderful that you are retracing her Alaskan cruise/journeys. Alaska is so beautiful and still pristine in many ways.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=3]Yvonne: my mom's birthday is today and she is also 85... we celebrated with her last weekend - Narce had to work yesterday and today and with my bum eye, it's hard for me to drive to Union City so we will have to go and see her again when we can. Narce's dad is 94 -- we are hoping he can celebrate his 95th in Jan 2012-- with his health scare of last month, we are just praying that he makes it day by day... we love our parents and we just want to hang on for as long as we can - carol[/SIZE][/quote]
[IMG]http://www.hoopla.ws/import/graphics/Birthday/Happy_Birthday_Mouse.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='gottagoacruzn']Hi guys, my dad was 90 when he past away, a year ago and both my sister and I still miss him, he was a wonderful guy. He would say at times, "I'll dance at your next wedding, with cowbells on" He did have the cowbells that were kept on the hatrack. If the phone rang, and nobody was there, he'd say, "You rang my phone, if you wish to speak, speak up if not I'll hang up, goodby." "Don't do anything I wouldn't do cept kiss your boyfriend." Or, "Don't go away mad, just go away." Or, "you keep smiling, they'll wonder what you been up to, but keep 'em guessing."

Virginia[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy] Virginia, keep remembering the special moments and memories; no one can take these away![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='kingsnake57']We have a cat named Waldo that gets depressed/anxiety when we leave. The first time it happened was our first cruise. To make a long story short; after $500 in emergancy vet bills, they determined he was depressed because we left him home. Poor little guy.[/quote]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Oh I love that name! I think our babies know how to push our buttons and manipulate us but of course we love it. Your story is similar to a good friend's her maltese got jealous when they were babysitting a relatives minature maltese (Lexie is a maltese too but thinks she is human). Well all of a sudden she got sick, wouldn't eat and couldn't walk either...the vet said she was JEALOUS.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='kingsnake57']Where are you flying Southwest to? We have credit we need to use, so we going to use SW to Newark (EWR). Long flight on a small aircraft.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal] Carl, we are flying to Greenville South Carolina to attend my stepson's basic training graduation at Ft. Jackson. SO an early morning for me again as I also went into work this morning early. However, delaying packing as DH is doing that now.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]SWA is not very comfortable for long hauls as I have flown home from Baltimore one time...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=teal]GO SHARKS![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='SANJOSEGAL']When my son and his wife left their cat for their wedding in Maui last year they returned to find their cat had chewed up his tail :eek:. Talk about vet bills.[/quote]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=navy] Yvonne, oh my gosh...I think that baby was really upset that mom and dad were gone! I have never heard about a cat doing this one before![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Be safe Janice and Patrick and enjoy your brief getaway - mostly, be proud of your military guy - hugs from us![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]May all the fur babies be well - always hard to leave them when we go on vacation - I used to send postcards to my Jen dog when we were away - my Mom would get the card, read it to her and post on the outside refrig door and she would actually look up and look at the postcard my Mom said - [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]carol[/SIZE]

[quote name='corkey'][SIZE=3]Craig - thanks for coming over here - I love that you are posting on the CA thread, but this is more northern folks and we get a little bit more personal here and i think more of a tighter circle -- for get togethers, it's a lot easier to meet being from the east bay/northern cal - our CA thread counterpart is great too, and easier for them to meet since most of them live in the southern part. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]You will love Alaska - have you been there before? next yr is our yr to go, I want to go every other yr... i just love the beauty of Alaska - especially the glaciers. Sorry about Carol's Mom but the memory cruise will be so meaningful to you both... carol[/SIZE]

[/quote]

Thanks for inviting me here. :D

We have never been to Alaska before, we are so excited about this trip, I think I have become obsessive about the planning for it, I may be driving Carol crazy over it :) But i believe it wil be worth it in the end.

[quote name='barnismom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna] Craig, I grew up in Palo Alto and my husband in neaby Menlo Park. Although I graduated from San Jose State University I never felt that SJ was home...I cried when we bought our condo. However, because of the location we are in (Cambrian Park/Willow Glen; depends on the realtor) and the SJ Sharks I am more into SJ and it feels like home.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=sienna]I'm sorry that Carol lost her mom to cancer; never easy. I think it is wonderful that you are retracing her Alaskan cruise/journeys. Alaska is so beautiful and still pristine in many ways.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Carol Graduated form Hayward, she also graduated from Kennedy High in Fremont. My family moved from Watsonville when I was very young, and we moved to Memphis, but again to Sacramento when I was about 10. I spent most of my youth in Carmichael, graduating from El Camino High there. I spent 9 years in college pursuing my Degree in Computer Engineering, ultimately graduating from MTI in Sacramento. Working full time and raising a family while pursuing an engineering degree had its major challenges believe me, but I finally got there (I thought I never would)!

Yes losing Carol's mom was very difficult. Now my mom was just diagnosed with it last week (not life threatening thank God!), and her mom's sister is in her last days fighting leukemia for the last 8 years. Cancer really sucks!! But we move on and make the best of every day now, it is the best we can do. And I know that Carol's mom would be happy that we are taking this trip for her, especially taking our kids for their first cruising experience. This is a much needed vacation and our first cruise in 5 years, so we plan on really doing it up this time!!! :D