NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Carl, I am so sorry that your baby was attacked. Fortunately for Karen she is okay...did she get the owner's information? I think I would report this in case these dogs and their owner get into more altercations.

One of my co-workers has a pit bull that was abandoned at our work and he is such a sweetie; have a feeling that is why he got left. No one ever claimed him!

Hugs for Jetti and Karen!

aww, thanks so much.

Yeah, it's not pit bulls it's the owners. The guy wouldn't give Karen any info. So, she left to get Jetti to the vet. Kaiser reported the bite to animal control, but I'm sure he won't be back to that park for a while. I've asked friends that go there to watch for the guy in case he does though.

It's too bad because Jetti loves to play with other dogs, and I'm not going back to that park.

OMG! Our boys are really on fire! Great win over LA.

We spent most of the evening @ Kaiser E.R. and pet E.R.

Our doggy was attacked by 2 pitbulls at the dog park. Karen meets a friend there after work, so the doggies can blow off some steam. I was at the gym and got the message after. Karen tried to pull the dogs off and got bit twice by the pits too. no stiches for mom, but Jetti ended up with a few.

It all boils down to bad dog owners. The person with the dogs would not even talk to Karen about whether they had shots or anything.

But, everyone is ok, lesson learned.

Wow that is so scary it makes you not want to take your dog outside. A similar thing happened to my neice recently only she did not get in the middle of the attack. She was totally traumatized luckily the dog did not die it just needed lots of stitches. The owners were actually friends of theirs and said the dog was in heat and had never acted like that before. The problem with these dogs is their strength they may not be trained to be violent yet if something does happen they have the strength to do a lot of damage. So no thank you I do not trust that breed.:( My husband always carries a switch blade knife with him when walking our dog just in case. I sure hope he never has to use it.

aww, thanks so much.

Yeah, it's not pit bulls it's the owners. The guy wouldn't give Karen any info. So, she left to get Jetti to the vet. Kaiser reported the bite to animal control, but I'm sure he won't be back to that park for a while. I've asked friends that go there to watch for the guy in case he does though.

It's too bad because Jetti loves to play with other dogs, and I'm not going back to that park.

Oh I had a scary this afternoon on my walk with a co-worker. The business next door is closing down and they have been bringing a pit bull. On Monday he was behind a fence and was barking at us. However, today he was loose and I freaked out. Of course the guys said he is harmless and only barks...yeah right!

Carl, well you will have to be a detective and stake out the guy and his dogs again; next time someone or dear baby might not be so lucky!

Wow that is so scary it makes you not want to take your dog outside. A similar thing happened to my neice recently only she did not get in the middle of the attack. She was totally traumatized luckily the dog did not die it just needed lots of stitches. The owners were actually friends of theirs and said the dog was in heat and had never acted like that before. The problem with these dogs is their strength they may not be trained to be violent yet if something does happen they have the strength to do a lot of damage. So no thank you I do not trust that breed.:( My husband always carries a switch blade knife with him when walking our dog just in case. I sure hope he never has to use it.

It's really too bad, because our dog likes to play with other dogs. We have no idea how she'll react next time she is with other dogs.

And yes, I always carry my knife when she goes to the dog park too. I'm not sure if I could really use it.

Oh I had a scary this afternoon on my walk with a co-worker. The business next door is closing down and they have been bringing a pit bull. On Monday he was behind a fence and was barking at us. However, today he was loose and I freaked out. Of course the guys said he is harmless and only barks...yeah right!

Carl, well you will have to be a detective and stake out the guy and his dogs again; next time someone or dear baby might not be so lucky!

So far, he hasn't returned to the park. Karen said he looked like he was scared of what was going to happen.

BTW; he told Karen his dogs had bitten him too when he finally came to get his dogs off of Jetti.

So far, he hasn't returned to the park. Karen said he looked like he was scared of what was going to happen.

BTW; he told Karen his dogs had bitten him too when he finally came to get his dogs off of Jetti.

Well, this guy better think twice about taking his dogs out to play off the leash or on the leash. It sounds like his dogs don't think of him as been the alpha dog. In terms of liability he probably shouldn't take them out in public anymore...have you thought of posting signs?

...the Sharks loss last night was heartbreaking!

Yes you are right today is my anniversary thank you for remembering and sending me a nice message. I will post what I wrote on my FB page. We had dinner at Maggianos then shopped a little and off to the movies.

‎33 yrs ago today I was 21 yrs old and about to marry this amazing guy. So here I sit 33 yrs later and I looked in the mirror, I see a much older me. Slight gray and I actually smiled because I've been lucky 4 beautiful children and that amazing guy he's still amazing.

Yes you are right today is my anniversary thank you for remembering and sending me a nice message. I will post what I wrote on my FB page. We had dinner at Maggianos then shopped a little and off to the movies.

‎33 yrs ago today I was 21 yrs old and about to marry this amazing guy. So here I sit 33 yrs later and I looked in the mirror, I see a much older me. Slight gray and I actually smiled because I've been lucky 4 beautiful children and that amazing guy he's still amazing.

YVONNE,

I WOULD SAY THAT YOU ARE BLESSED! Wishing you another 33 years; again best wishes and congratulations!

We are ready for the next round...wonder if it has ever come down to the final game before to determine the next opponent?

Here's to all of the players being healthy and on the ice!

Yes, it has come down to the final game to determine playoff opponent. However I don't think it has ever come down to four different playoff opponents depending on a single game. (Based on the outcome of the Chicago-Detroit game, the Sharks could have been matched with Phoenix, Nashville, Los Angeles, or Chicago.)

All in all, I think this is the best first-round matchup for our Sharks. Although we were 3-3 against L.A. during the season, two of those losses were in shootouts. And we beat the Kings pretty decisively last week. While the Sharks are taking a short jaunt down to Southern California, the other Western Conference teams (Detroit vs Phoenix, Anaheim vs Nashville) will be getting bloody and softening each other up for us in Round 2. (Hopefully!)

Carol's Aunt Kay passed away on April 2nd from Leukemia, were gone a few days, and are back. Just found out mom has cancer, but they did a minor surgery last week, and they think they got it all. CANCER SUCKS!!!

On a happy note, I just booked a mini suite for April 1st, 2012 E. Caribbean on the Ruby Princess, finally got dad and stepmom to cruise with us, been trying for 5 years. I just love my TA. I had been calling all over to try and beat her price, and all other TA's had just book price.

Glad to hear your Sharks are doing better than my Giants so far!!:)

Craig & Carol

Carol's Aunt Kay passed away on April 2nd from Leukemia, were gone a few days, and are back. Just found out mom has cancer, but they did a minor surgery last week, and they think they got it all. CANCER SUCKS!!!

On a happy note, I just booked a mini suite for April 1st, 2012 E. Caribbean on the Ruby Princess, finally got dad and stepmom to cruise with us, been trying for 5 years. I just love my TA. I had been calling all over to try and beat her price, and all other TA's had just book price.

Glad to hear your Sharks are doing better than my Giants so far!!:)

Craig & Carol

Craig & Carol,

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Carol's Aunt! Hope mom's cancer scare is totally resolved now and a thing of the past; gone forever! Life has ways of challenging us.

Congrats on the cruise booking! Hope you got some extra incentives from your TA!

GO SHARKS...just saw this on a local VTA bus tonight! FOR MY DH & late DAD - GO GIANTS (although it is early in the season)!

Craig & Carol,

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Carol's Aunt! Hope mom's cancer scare is totally resolved now and a thing of the past; gone forever! Life has ways of challenging us.

Congrats on the cruise booking! Hope you got some extra incentives from your TA!

GO SHARKS...just saw this on a local VTA bus tonight! FOR MY DH & late DAD - GO GIANTS (although it is early in the season)!

Janice,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes life does challenge us, as they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Mom is a pretty tough old gal, she will pull through this just fine I think. Her spirits are high!

As for the booking my TA got me $50 OBC and about $300pp off book price on the mini, as well as $100pp deposit and about $85 in a travel reward check, which is cash money about 2 weeks after the cruise.

Everyone else was straight book, no OBC and wanted almost $600 in deposit.

Craig

Exciting time of year!

I sure hope our boys can do it this year.

We were supposed to be at the game Saturday, but had to take Karen's step dad to a b-day party in Marin. We made pasta, opened some wine, and turned up the surround sound. Almost like being there..........not really:(

I'll start my "playoff beard" Thursday.(brings them good luck:rolleyes:)

Beat L.A. !!!!

Janice,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes life does challenge us, as they say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Mom is a pretty tough old gal, she will pull through this just fine I think. Her spirits are high!

As for the booking my TA got me $50 OBC and about $300pp off book price on the mini, as well as $100pp deposit and about $85 in a travel reward check, which is cash money about 2 weeks after the cruise.

Everyone else was straight book, no OBC and wanted almost $600 in deposit.

Craig

Craig, one's mental health and state of mind is probably one of the most important tools we all have but under utilize!

FYI, it does pay to shop around and see what deals are available. Oh I just heard that your Giants lost...sorry!

Exciting time of year!

I sure hope our boys can do it this year.

We were supposed to be at the game Saturday, but had to take Karen's step dad to a b-day party in Marin. We made pasta, opened some wine, and turned up the surround sound. Almost like being there..........not really:(

I'll start my "playoff beard" Thursday.(brings them good luck:rolleyes:)

Beat L.A. !!!!

Carl, whatever it takes to get them through...While waiting for the light to change there was a VTA bus across the street and I noticed that its scrolling sign said "GO SHARKS" ...hope our guys are really hungry THURSDAY!

Carl, whatever it takes to get them through...While waiting for the light to change there was a VTA bus across the street and I noticed that its scrolling sign said "GO SHARKS" ...hope our guys are really hungry THURSDAY!

Did you hear that the players asked to wear there black jerseys for all the home games? Very ineresting.

I've seen that on the VTA buses. I think it's great the way everyone in San Jose gets involved and supports the Sharks. They really do have the best fans in the NHL.

Did you hear that the players asked to wear there black jerseys for all the home games? Very ineresting.

I've seen that on the VTA buses. I think it's great the way everyone in San Jose gets involved and supports the Sharks. They really do have the best fans in the NHL.

The Sharks do have some really loyal fans and the support is the entire Bay Area too. One of our friends questioned why San Jose had a professional hockey team...mostly because they are not aware how large SJ really us. Plus the support base goes way way back to when we had the California Golden Seals too.

I have a t-shirt from the Penguins win and a cap from the Flames when they won so my love of the sport goes pretty far back...

Edited by barnismom

Did all the hockey fans see tonight's game...think my blood pressure is way UP! It was exciting but a nail bitter. However, they WON tonight! On their way to eliminating the KINGS!

Edited by barnismom

Did all the hockey fans see tonight's game...think my blood pressure is way UP! It was exciting but a nail bitter. However, they WON tonight! On their way to eliminating the KINGS!

Oh ya baby it was a nail bitter and a little rough yet in the end we were able to pull it off. Sure is nice to have the first game under our belts.

Oh ya baby it was a nail bitter and a little rough yet in the end we were able to pull it off. Sure is nice to have the first game under our belts.

Yvonne, didn't you get tickets for tomorrow's game? Hope your sons enjoy their experience! We will be in Roseville for the weekend.

Happy Weekend and GO SHARKS!