NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Hi Janice I'm here I guess the Sharks got us all a little down after falling out of the playoffs. I am so glad the nice weather has finally arrived especially after last weekends pouring rain. I am a summer person I need the sunshine to feel alive so I'm starting to come back to life. This weekend my neice is graduating from Santa Clara University. I will be attending the graduation which starts at 8:30 AM oh boy I'm not sure how many people actually like attending these. Yet we go to show support to our kids. On Sunday my sister is having a big party for her at the Beverly Heritage Hotel in Milpitas so pretty much my whole two days off work will be dedicated to one graduation. At least Sunday will be a day with all our family together which is always a very special time. June is turning out to be a busy month 2 graduations, Father's Day, and a party at a ranch off Mt. Hamilton Road.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cava-Events-Inc/188019884554521?sk=wall. I was lucky my work schedule worked out so I was off all the Saturdays in June. July will be another story boo hoo I'll be working every Saturday.

The count down for our upcoming cruise is 93 days. As excited as I am to have Sept get here I still want to enjoy the summer and not let it slip away.

I hope you all are doing well maybe we can share our summer plans and of all things our upcoming cruises:D

It's too bad the Sharks didn't move on in the playoffs. But it's great for them to reach the conf finals 2 years in a row.

Our cruise is now under 6 months to go, starting to get excited.

My company moved me to our Berkeley location. :mad: I liked being at San Leandro, only 4 miles from home. Oh well.

Hi Janice I'm here I guess the Sharks got us all a little down after falling out of the playoffs. I am so glad the nice weather has finally arrived especially after last weekends pouring rain. I am a summer person I need the sunshine to feel alive so I'm starting to come back to life. This weekend my neice is graduating from Santa Clara University. I will be attending the graduation which starts at 8:30 AM oh boy I'm not sure how many people actually like attending these. Yet we go to show support to our kids. On Sunday my sister is having a big party for her at the Beverly Heritage Hotel in Milpitas so pretty much my whole two days off work will be dedicated to one graduation. At least Sunday will be a day with all our family together which is always a very special time. June is turning out to be a busy month 2 graduations, Father's Day, and a party at a ranch off Mt. Hamilton Road.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cava-Events-Inc/188019884554521?sk=wall. I was lucky my work schedule worked out so I was off all the Saturdays in June. July will be another story boo hoo I'll be working every Saturday.

The count down for our upcoming cruise is 93 days. As excited as I am to have Sept get here I still want to enjoy the summer and not let it slip away.

I hope you all are doing well maybe we can share our summer plans and of all things our upcoming cruises:D

Yvonne, the weather is supposed to be in the 80's next week; we don't have air conditioning so I am not going to be a happy camper. We are looking to do double paned windows next year and then perhaps the HVAC or whatever it is called the following year.

Can you believe that we are almost half-way through 2011? Wow your family should be so proud of the graduate to be; Santa Clara University is not easy to get into. I went to a restaurant at the Beverly Heritage three years ago and I was impressed with the quality of the food.

This Saturday I am going to the Sample Sale with a dear friend and then Sunday we are contemplating a day at Vasona Park for the Duck Race. Of course taking mom shopping has to fit into the equation.

Yvonne, we should get together to talk about our future cruises and are you still in charge of the Slot Pull? Enjoy the weekend!

It's too bad the Sharks didn't move on in the playoffs. But it's great for them to reach the conf finals 2 years in a row.

Our cruise is now under 6 months to go, starting to get excited.

My company moved me to our Berkeley location. :mad: I liked being at San Leandro, only 4 miles from home. Oh well.

Carl, well do you get mileage? At least you have a job; is this temporary? Fortunately, the price of gasoline has come down but for how long...

Enjoy the weekend!

Carl, well do you get mileage? At least you have a job; is this temporary? Fortunately, the price of gasoline has come down but for how long...

Enjoy the weekend!

no, gas is on me:mad:

As slow as we have been, and all the people I've seen layed off at our two locations: Yes I do feel lucky to still be working.

They tell me this is a temporary move, but I think it's going to be for a while.

We had a good weekend. Lots of grilling. How about everyone else?

no, gas is on me:mad:

As slow as we have been, and all the people I've seen layed off at our two locations: Yes I do feel lucky to still be working.

They tell me this is a temporary move, but I think it's going to be for a while.

We had a good weekend. Lots of grilling. How about everyone else?

Carl, I know that I should feel fortunate to have a job and not have a reduction in pay. However, I was the only one in my company who did not get a raise because my boss said I was over paid which isn't the truth...a week later I won the $1047.00 on a bonus round on a Wizard of Oz machine (Thunder Valley). I guess there is someone looking out for me!

Here's to this move being on temporary. My DH loves grilling too! So what do you think of the Stanley Cup playoffs so far?

Carl, I know that I should feel fortunate to have a job and not have a reduction in pay. However, I was the only one in my company who did not get a raise because my boss said I was over paid which isn't the truth...a week later I won the $1047.00 on a bonus round on a Wizard of Oz machine (Thunder Valley). I guess there is someone looking out for me!

Here's to this move being on temporary. My DH loves grilling too! So what do you think of the Stanley Cup playoffs so far?

See Karma was looking out for you;) You're nice and your boss is not.

We had a 12% pay cut for a year, but now we are back at full pay. The funny part is that management still has not got their pay reinstated to this date. If we were not union we still wouldn't either , I'm sure.

I like the playoffs. I want Boston to whomp on Vancouver, right on their home ice.

That is so cool Janice I've never won a jackpot. At my job none of us have had a raise in the past 5 years. The advisors which probably are the top paid people have had their pay chopped over and over. The portion of our medical that was paid by our company has shrunk to almost nothing. So we pay more for medical and get less because the type of plans they are offering now cover less. With the cost of gas it really sucks sometimes I wonder if I am really coming out ahead. They continue to require more and more from us yet give nothing in return. Yes business is down compared to years past yet if you look at the companies annual earnings they are making money. This is no small company it is nationwide. So we all have a chose to continue working for them or go else where. Everyday they are losing good people, people who have worked many years for this company. Yet with so many looking for work there is always someone standing there waiting for that job. So the ball is in the employers court for now.

See Karma was looking out for you;) You're nice and your boss is not.

We had a 12% pay cut for a year, but now we are back at full pay. The funny part is that management still has not got their pay reinstated to this date. If we were not union we still wouldn't either , I'm sure.

I like the playoffs. I want Boston to whomp on Vancouver, right on their home ice.

The playoffs have been interesting and I cannot believe how dirty the Canucks have been playing; it would be nice to have Boston win. However, I think the officials must have made a deal for Vancouver getting the CUP: I cannot believe how they have been under penalized or forgiven for some of their antics...FYI, that's just my humble opinion.

That is so cool Janice I've never won a jackpot. That win happened during a bonus that popped up; I selected the correct barn (8 to select from) and it eliminated the three lower progressives & left me with the $1047. At my job none of us have had a raise in the past 5 years. The advisors which probably are the top paid people have had their pay chopped over and over. The portion of our medical that was paid by our company has shrunk to almost nothing. So we pay more for medical and get less because the type of plans they are offering now cover less. With the cost of gas it really sucks sometimes I wonder if I am really coming out ahead. They continue to require more and more from us yet give nothing in return. Yes business is down compared to years past yet if you look at the companies annual earnings they are making money. This is no small company it is nationwide. So we all have a chose to continue working for them or go else where. Everyday they are losing good people, people who have worked many years for this company. Yet with so many looking for work there is always someone standing there waiting for that job. So the ball is in the employers court for now.

Yvonne, sadly it is an employers market; they can get almost anyone for less money. I cannot tell you how many resumes I receive for lowly admin positions. Then a big percentage are so over qualified. I haven't had a raise in

3 1/2 years; actually it will be 4 years in October.

FYI, my employer pays 50% for benefits regardless if it is for a family or an individual which is generous. Most companies that I know of do not cover any dependents.

Enjoy the rest of the week and yes we should be thankful for what we have since I have friends that are still unemployed.

That is so cool Janice I've never won a jackpot. At my job none of us have had a raise in the past 5 years. The advisors which probably are the top paid people have had their pay chopped over and over. The portion of our medical that was paid by our company has shrunk to almost nothing. So we pay more for medical and get less because the type of plans they are offering now cover less. With the cost of gas it really sucks sometimes I wonder if I am really coming out ahead. They continue to require more and more from us yet give nothing in return. Yes business is down compared to years past yet if you look at the companies annual earnings they are making money. This is no small company it is nationwide. So we all have a chose to continue working for them or go else where. Everyday they are losing good people, people who have worked many years for this company. Yet with so many looking for work there is always someone standing there waiting for that job. So the ball is in the employers court for now.

I'm sorry to hear that, Yvonne.

Are you guys an Autonation dealer?

The playoffs have been interesting and I cannot believe how dirty the Canucks have been playing; it would be nice to have Boston win. However, I think the officials must have made a deal for Vancouver getting the CUP: I cannot believe how they have been under penalized or forgiven for some of their antics...FYI, that's just my humble opinion.

I agree with your opinion;)

I agree with your opinion;)

A truly wonderful game...I so so surprised to see the 1-0 score when I got home in favor of Boston.

Carl, I had no idea there are only 110 days to a new hockey season! Here I thought basketball season lasted forever (which I hate). Don't you love the color teal?

A truly wonderful game...I so so surprised to see the 1-0 score when I got home in favor of Boston.

Carl, I had no idea there are only 110 days to a new hockey season! Here I thought basketball season lasted forever (which I hate). Don't you love the color teal?

Yay for Boston!

Doesn't surprise me how the Vancouver fans reacted. Too bad really.

I can't wait for training camp. We go the first weekend of training camp every year.

And, yes we do love teal.:D

Yay for Boston!

I can't wait for training camp. We go the first weekend of training camp every year.

Vancouver fans are a total disgrace. They trashed the ice, booed the presentation of the Stanley Cup, then proceded to burn down the city.:confused:

But, of course, Philly fans have the reputation as the worst on planet earth.:rolleyes:

UNBELIEVABLE, HUH?

Yay for Boston!

Carl, I was stunned when one of my friend posted on FB stating that the Canuck fans had turned over and torched a car. It was against everything that I know about our dear neighbors up North...I have a number of Canadian friends. I was surprised and caught off guard as I think the police were too. I went to the CBC site and saw video footage of the events unfolding and it was crazy...wonder what will happen when our SHARKS WIN THE CUP?

Vancouver fans are a total disgrace. They trashed the ice, booed the presentation of the Stanley Cup, then proceded to burn down the city.:confused:

But, of course, Philly fans have the reputation as the worst on planet earth.:rolleyes:

UNBELIEVABLE, HUH?

Totally disrespectful and totally classless.

They should have been honored to see the cup presentation, and be proud of their teams accomplishments this season.

Carl, I was stunned when one of my friend posted on FB stating that the Canuck fans had turned over and torched a car. It was against everything that I know about our dear neighbors up North...I have a number of Canadian friends. I was surprised and caught off guard as I think the police were too. I went to the CBC site and saw video footage of the events unfolding and it was crazy...wonder what will happen when our SHARKS WIN THE CUP?

I know in my heart that this will not happen in San Jose, win or loose. Karen and I have decided that if San Jose were in a game 7 of the finals, we would get a room at the De anza Hotel and hopefully celebrate all night long.

I know in my heart that this will not happen in San Jose, win or loose. Karen and I have decided that if San Jose were in a game 7 of the finals, we would get a room at the De anza Hotel and hopefully celebrate all night long.

Carl, we live really near the Shark-Tank (6.08 miles via the back streets) so you would always have a place to crash. Oh we could always use our Hilton points and stay at the Hilton but the DeAnza is so much closer. DH makes a killer eggs benedict!

Happy Father's Day weekend to you!

I think I forgot to wish mr. and mrs.

Kingsnake a Happy Anniversary last June 2 -- quite some time ago-- I misplaced my list and just found it!!

carol

Carol, glad you found your list...Carl, hope you two did something special! Congratulations!

yj189w6dj97_anniversary-1.gif

Carl, we live really near the Shark-Tank (6.08 miles via the back streets) so you would always have a place to crash. Oh we could always use our Hilton points and stay at the Hilton but the DeAnza is so much closer. DH makes a killer eggs benedict!

Happy Father's Day weekend to you!

awh, thanks so much.