NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Glad you found it Janice --

HOw's Carl? especially Karen?

and Yvonne? Have a good Labor Day tomorrow - hopefully you are all off -

carol

Carol, yes I found this thread...are we now limited to 2 when you do a name search?

Yvonne hope you and Carl did not have to work today as I know most dealerships are open on holidays. Yvonne how was Santa Barbara?

Thankfully it is a short work week for most of us...

Carl, I couldn't find this thread anymore but luckily Carol has a link. We went to the Stanford/San Jose State game yesterday and enjoyed being at the "Farm."

Hope you are enjoying the Labor Day weekend. We just watched "Slapshot" tonight...I had never seen that movie before. As DH said it is sort of like "Major League"; one of my favorite movies.

I love slapshot!

Glad you found it Janice --

HOw's Carl? especially Karen?

and Yvonne? Have a good Labor Day tomorrow - hopefully you are all off -

carol

We are good, thanks. How about you?

We had a BIG birthday party for our son Kyle. Him and his motorcycle racing buddys went on a long hilly bicycle ride. Then, they all (10 of them) came to our house for beers and tri tip. Everyone had a great time.

Sunday was karen's birthday. We just took it easy and went out for a nice dinner at Cappalini's in San

Mateo.

Today I did some chores around the house.

We had a BIG birthday party for our son Kyle. Him and his motorcycle racing buddys went on a long hilly bicycle ride. Then, they all (10 of them) came to our house for beers and tri tip. Everyone had a great time.

Sunday was karen's birthday. We just took it easy and went out for a nice dinner at Cappalini's in San

Mateo.

Carl, sounds like you were busy! Here's belated birthday wishes for Karen & Kyle...

belated-birthday14.gif

FYI, I celebrate for months!

Mateo.

Carl, we went to the Stanford game Saturday and shoe shopping today at the Nordstrom Rack. We are getting ready for the Allure later this month for our anniversary. I am dreading work tomorrow and the only good thing is that it is a short work week!

Have a good week!

I have to start packing now too - Nov is coming up really fast ...

Janice - I have discovered DSW and love it - found heels that are about 1-1/2" but they look high - and soooo comfy = glad I didn't pay the regular price ...

I am still wearing CROCS -my feet love them - however, they are not the bulky original styles, they are the slip on's and no one even thinks they are CROCS - they are dressy yet casual so I wear them w/jeans too - and capri's - I have the ballerina styles as well - no matter what, I think the bulky ones are still comfy - no one wears them anymore - too bad - glad I found the cuter ones cuz they are just as comfy.

This is the cruise where I will meet up with Patty and Dee again - can't wait!

carol

I have to start packing now too - Nov is coming up really fast ...

Janice - I have discovered DSW and love it - found heels that are about 1-1/2" but they look high - and soooo comfy = glad I didn't pay the regular price ...

I am still wearing CROCS -my feet love them - however, they are not the bulky original styles, they are the slip on's and no one even thinks they are CROCS - they are dressy yet casual so I wear them w/jeans too - and capri's - I have the ballerina styles as well - no matter what, I think the bulky ones are still comfy - no one wears them anymore - too bad - glad I found the cuter ones cuz they are just as comfy.

This is the cruise where I will meet up with Patty and Dee again - can't wait!

carol

Carol, I have two pair of dressier Crocs too that I love to death. One is brownish toned and the other white/black. It is nice that you can dress them up or down.

We went to DSW a few weeks ago but didn't have many shoes my size so we went to Nordstrom Rack yesterday. Fortunately they had a better selection and I bought 3 pairs.

FYI, I found the name tags that Dee made for the Explorer of the Seas Meet & Mingle; she is talented.

Hello fellow Northern Calif cruisers we are off to Florida bright and early tomorrow morning. Keeping a good eye on the latest storms that are brewing out there :confused:. We are suppose to be going to the Eastern Caribbean yet with all the activity out there its hard to say where we will end up. That's the big gamble cruising at this time of the year.

Take care everyone:)

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!

Boy, it's so exciting. Everyone's cruises are coming up. I think Yvonne leaves tomarrow for FLL? I sure can't wait for ours!

It's great that 'WE' all have cruises to look forward to before year end!!

I can't wait for ours too!! carol

Hello fellow Northern Calif cruisers we are off to Florida bright and early tomorrow morning. Keeping a good eye on the latest storms that are brewing out there :confused:. We are suppose to be going to the Eastern Caribbean yet with all the activity out there its hard to say where we will end up. That's the big gamble cruising at this time of the year.

Yvonne!!! Have a wonderful time - we'll tell the storms to stay out of your way!

can't wait to hear all about your cruise!

love your avatar - cute pic, as always -

carol

Carol, I have two pair of dressier Crocs too that I love to death. One is brownish toned and the other white/black. It is nice that you can dress them up or down.

We went to DSW a few weeks ago but didn't have many shoes my size so we went to Nordstrom Rack yesterday. Fortunately they had a better selection and I bought 3 pairs.

FYI, I found the name tags that Dee made for the Explorer of the Seas Meet & Mingle; she is talented.

I need new shoes (well DON'T need them, but you know how it is!!) for a wedding next month - and a couple of new ones for the cruise -

Yes, Dee is a special lady and John is a sweetie too- they just had their kitchen redone and it's so nice - she keeps things very neat - I should try to be like her.

I am glad we all have cruises to look forward to - talk about when we finally get together for lunch or dinner -

carol

Have fun!

Yvonne, have a great cruise...be safe and you will be where you are meant to be. The luxury of options!

I need new shoes (well DON'T need them, but you know how it is!!) for a wedding next month - and a couple of new ones for the cruise -

Yes, Dee is a special lady and John is a sweetie too- they just had their kitchen redone and it's so nice - she keeps things very neat - I should try to be like her.

I am glad we all have cruises to look forward to - talk about when we finally get together for lunch or dinner -

carol

Carol, although most women have lots of shoes I think we always fall back on favorites while the others get dusty and out of style (or don't fit anymore); there's a shoe gremlin.

Just got back from another 3 day weekend away from home with Narce - caught a cold so I didn't have much fun but I am better now - Love the Garfields Janice - he's my Man!!!

Hope Yvonne will have lots of fun and not hurricanes or rain --

Have a good week Karl and Janice -

carol

Just got back from another 3 day weekend away from home with Narce - caught a cold so I didn't have much fun but I am better now - Love the Garfields Janice - he's my Man!!!

Hope Yvonne will have lots of fun and not hurricanes or rain --

Have a good week Karl and Janice -

carol

Carol, I know he is your favorite so I try to find him when I can; just for you. I had a very busy day and work and it's going to continue until I leave for the Allure...grrh!

You are the second person who has told me that picked up a cold bug...it is our strange weather!

Hello fellow cruise vacationers from Northern California!

Our favorite cruise ship ritual is the muster drill! It is hands down the most widely attended social event of the entire cruise, don't you think? But we make sure we convey the appearance of paying attention to the important safety announcements during the muster drill.

Aside from the muster drill, line dancing is fun, because there will always be someone else who can't quite pivot, turn, step ball change at the right time. The midnight chocoholic buffet on Norwegian Cruise Line is always a delight to the senses, that is until the sugar coma.

A few summers ago, we used to watch CruiseWest ply up to the Carquinez Straight in the San Francisco Bay. We would stand on the shoreline in Benicia at the local pier, and watch the CruiseWest ship slowley make its way through the Carquinez Straight before turning back at the Benicia-Martinez Bridge.

Hello fellow cruise vacationers from Northern California!

Our favorite cruise ship ritual is the muster drill! It is hands down the most widely attended social event of the entire cruise, don't you think? But we make sure we convey the appearance of paying attention to the important safety announcements during the muster drill.

Aside from the muster drill, line dancing is fun, because there will always be someone else who can't quite pivot, turn, step ball change at the right time. The midnight chocoholic buffet on Norwegian Cruise Line is always a delight to the senses, that is until the sugar coma.

A few summers ago, we used to watch CruiseWest ply up to the Carquinez Straight in the San Francisco Bay. We would stand on the shoreline in Benicia at the local pier, and watch the CruiseWest ship slowley make its way through the Carquinez Straight before turning back at the Benicia-Martinez Bridge.

Welcome to the Northern California thread started by Corkey AKA Carol; she lives in Antioch which isn't too far from you.

Royal Caribbean has made the muster drill rather effortless now...thank heavens! I would never attempt line dancing since I am not that coordinated and I would be one of those who would zig instead of zag plus I don't prefer country music either...however, it is fun watching those who participate.

Come back again and I would love to hear about your Mediterranean cruise when you get back. I've been thinking of November 2012 because it is less expensive, no crowds and cooler temps.

Hi Jamisonke- welcome to this thread - hope you continue to visit us and share your cruise stories - you will leave two days before me - I will be on X's Silhouette for 10 days - Caribbean sailing from NJ - so we will be gone at the same time..

I actually worked in Benicia for 38 yrs - finally retired but I miss shopping at Raley's and Safeway and the Pizza Pirate! You can now be my link so I know what's happening there!

Janice - I hope I will like the new Silhouette cuz they are coming out with another brand new ship in Oct 2012 - Medtn sailing - called the Reflection, I believe - would be nice to have you two, chuck and faye with us, if we go -

I hope Yvonne is having a good time - Carl and Karen - have a good hump day - for you working folks, 3 more days til the weekend!!

feeling better - cold/flu is starting to disappear - had a better appetite today so off we went for Mexican food...

carol