NORTHERN CALIF Fun Cruisers

cctn

Hello everyone on this very rainy Thursday morning in Northern Cal. Janice you are a very lucky woman getting a dozen red roses from your sweetheart.

Carol I have a question for you I was thinking of staying a few days after our cruise in Orlando and visiting one of the amusement parks. Do you have any recommendations on a hotel near enough to the airport and Disney World? Of course the more information the better so this question applies to any of you that have done this.

Also Carol thanks for the tips on visiting the Lodi area.

Hello everyone on this very rainy Thursday morning in Northern Cal. Janice you are a very lucky woman getting a dozen red roses from your sweetheart.

Carol I have a question for you I was thinking of staying a few days after our cruise in Orlando and visiting one of the amusement parks. Do you have any recommendations on a hotel near enough to the airport and Disney World? Of course the more information the better so this question applies to any of you that have done this.

Yvonne, did your hubby send you roses? Out of 9 total females I was the only one...even the guys came to look at my roses. I love roses my favorite flower. In fact, I only carried white roses in my bridal bouquet.

FYI, I will call you probably Saturday unless I get a break in my day tomorrow. Are you off on Monday?

Hi Yvonne, hasn't started raining here yet, but its suppose to!!:D Hope all you guys are doin ok these days.

Virginia

Hi Yvonne, hasn't started raining here yet, but its suppose to!!:D Hope all you guys are doin ok these days.

Virginia

Hello Virginia!

It has been a rainy and cold day today. Our nearby mountain has snow so it makes the area feel even colder. The weather forecast is for rain through the weekend; oh well! We had a long spell of really warm Spring-like weather for two weeks so...

Yvonne, did your hubby send you roses? Out of 9 total females I was the only one...even the guys came to look at my roses. I love roses my favorite flower. In fact, I only carried white roses in my bridal bouquet.

FYI, I will call you probably Saturday unless I get a break in my day tomorrow. Are you off on Monday?

Well if you are taking a pole on who got roses for Valentines Day your count is now up one. I did not recieve roses though I must confess my hubby knows I've never been into Valentines Day. All of February we both kept talking about all the commericals from Hallmark for Valentines Day. He did write me a very nice letter telling me all that mushy stuff. When I saw the envelope I said oh now you did not buy a Hallmark card did you. He said no just plain paper.

Janice I live right at the bottom of the East Foothills so all that snow is sitting right above us on Mt. Hamilton.

Virginia my son just returned from Los Angeles they had great weather. They were at Disneyland and the usual tourist stuff like Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. I think they were lucky with the timing of this current storm. He and his girlfriend are in their early 20's so this was this first solo trip to LA and they saw it in a whole different light. When they got back Wed. night they just went on and on about all they did and saw. Really cute to see your babies growing up and experiencing those things you use to take them to.

[/font]

Edited by SANJOSEGAL

Well if you are taking a pole on who got roses for Valentines Day your count is now up one. I did not recieve roses though I must confess my hubby knows I've never been into Valentines Day. All of February we both kept talking about all the commericals from Hallmark for Valentines Day. He did write me a very nice letter telling me all that mushy stuff. When I saw the envelope I said oh now you did not buy a Hallmark card did you. He said no just plain paper.

Janice I live right at the bottom of the East Foothills so all that snow is sitting right above us on Mt. Hamilton.

Virginia my son just returned from Los Angeles they had great weather. They were at Disneyland and the usual tourist stuff like Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. I think they were lucky with the timing of this current storm. He and his girlfriend are in their early 20's so this was this first solo trip to LA and they saw it in a whole different light. When they got back Wed. night they just went on and on about all they did and saw. Really cute to see your babies growing up and experiencing those things you use to take them to.

[/font[/color]]

Hi Yvonne, woke up to sunny skies, but its starting to cloud up don't know when it will start rainin. Haven't ever been to Rodeo Dr, or been to Beverly Hills in years, and since Disneyland is so close, I'd rather go to the beach.

[/font[/color]]

Yvonne, one of Patrick's first experiences with me was at a Hallmark store. I was buying my Easter cards and he almost fell over backwards when the clerk ran me up; I think I bought over $35 in cards. Keep in mind that was back in 1997. I love sending cards and receiving them.

Actually I used to be much better.

So you can really feel the cold from Mt. Hamilton!

Yvonne, one of Patrick's first experiences with me was at a Hallmark store. I was buying my Easter cards and he almost fell over backwards when the clerk ran me up; I think I bought over $35 in cards. Keep in mind that was back in 1997. I love sending cards and receiving them.

Actually I used to be much better.

So you can really feel the cold from Mt. Hamilton!

Janice: I think Patrick and Narce are 'brothers' cuz they share me and you!!! ha!ha!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hallmark and I swear, when I was working, I was in HM everyday or every other day - I supported THEM and every HM in the area - I loved everything in the stores - knick/knacks...stationery...pens...esp Holiday stuff - and cards? yes... but now that I am retired and zero store is available in our area, I have to go to Safeway or CVS and Walgreens for my HM cards - however, I get cards wherever I can and I am not as picky as I was - but I love HM! and yes, I can understand the $$$ part - I was getting so much 'dividends' from my HM club every month - the gals in my office couldn't believe I was getting more a month than they spent there in one year!

I also love skating - another sister thing we have in common! we went to a couple of shows several yrs ago in Oakland - saw Kristi and other popular skaters... loved it - was about 4th row so I was right there and enjoyed it very much -

When the Explorer was on it's 2nd voyage from FL, narce and I were standing in line for something while getting on board and Kristi was standing right by us waiting to disembark cuz she had opened the skating area for it's inaugural - narce said HI and she had her big ole' smile and said HI to us too - he told her we lived in the east bay and she said, wow, what a coincidence and she was about to talk more but she was whisked away by whomever she was waiting for so she can disembark - cute gal - friendly and so petite... of course I didn't have my camera - shame on me.

carol

When the Explorer was on it's 2nd voyage from FL, narce and I were standing in line for something while getting on board and Kristi was standing right by us waiting to disembark cuz she had opened the skating area for it's inaugural - narce said HI and she had her big ole' smile and said HI to us too - he told her we lived in the east bay and she said, wow, what a coincidence and she was about to talk more but she was whisked away by whomever she was waiting for so she can disembark - cute gal - friendly and so petite... of course I didn't have my camera - shame on me.

carol

Kristi's husband does the Sharks broadcasts, we really like him. She's a big Sharks fan, and a super nice person. She goes to a lot of the games. We follow her and Brett on twitter.

Kristi's husband does the Sharks broadcasts, we really like him. She's a big Sharks fan, and a super nice person. She goes to a lot of the games. We follow her and Brett on twitter.

Did they move back to the east bay? or still in NC ?

I sure loved her on Dancing with the Stars and glad she won.

Please continue to post here and on the CA thread - hopefully we can all get together in the bay area sometime!!!

carol

Please continue to post here and on the CA thread - hopefully we can all get together in the bay area sometime!!!

carol

Yeah, they live in the bayarea. I think like Mountain View? Brett is from Minnesota, so they spend some time there. They lived in NC while Brett played hockey for the Huricanes.

A get together would be fun.

Janice: I think Patrick and Narce are 'brothers' cuz they share me and you!!! ha!ha!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hallmark and I swear, when I was working, I was in HM everyday or every other day - I supported THEM and every HM in the area - I loved everything in the stores - knick/knacks...stationery...pens...esp Holiday stuff - and cards? yes... but now that I am retired and zero store is available in our area, I have to go to Safeway or CVS and Walgreens for my HM cards - however, I get cards wherever I can and I am not as picky as I was - but I love HM! and yes, I can understand the $$$ part - I was getting so much 'dividends' from my HM club every month - the gals in my office couldn't believe I was getting more a month than they spent there in one year!

I also love skating - another sister thing we have in common! we went to a couple of shows several yrs ago in Oakland - saw Kristi and other popular skaters... loved it - was about 4th row so I was right there and enjoyed it very much -

carol

Carol, I think we probably should have bought stock in HALLMARK way back when. Although I have never looked them up to see if they are owned by some big corporate giant. I like getting my Platinum rewards.

Krist was very accommodating and signed lots of autographs; we could see her from the distance. She had on a beautiful black glittery coat and is so thin!

Yeah, they live in the bayarea. I think like Mountain View? Brett is from Minnesota, so they spend some time there. They lived in NC while Brett played hockey for the Huricanes.

A get together would be fun.

They live in Alamo! FYI, do you ever watch Brian Boitano's cooking show? He had the Yamaguchi family over for dinner one time; it got me hooked on his Food Network show.

carol

Carol and I have been hoping to set a date but too many things seem to come up unexpectedly. Initial thoughts were sometime in May but now not sure...thoughts everyone?

I love Brian Boitano and was wondering if he still have his cooking show? Kristi is sooo cute!

I know I have something going during some weekend in May - Gosh - I forgot... I remember I kept saying, that sounds good - I have nothing in May... I'll think of it, I should look in my calendar - if I can find it on my messy desk!!

Since we are mainly from the same area here, bay area, we can try to get together in some local area - Oh! I know, I am committed for May 19-20-21-22 --- 4 of us classmates are going to Tahoe... now why did I forget that already? old age...........

carol

I love Brian Boitano and was wondering if he still have his cooking show? Kristi is sooo cute!

I know I have something going during some weekend in May - Gosh - I forgot... I remember I kept saying, that sounds good - I have nothing in May... I'll think of it, I should look in my calendar - if I can find it on my messy desk!!

Since we are mainly from the same area here, bay area, we can try to get together in some local area - Oh! I know, I am committed for May 19-20-21-22 --- 4 of us classmates are going to Tahoe... now why did I forget that already? old age...........

carol

Carol et al...what about May 7th? That should be a non-Mother's Day and it's not the Memorial Day weekend either. I think I have something the 2nd week of May or might have...

Hopefully Yvonne is not working that Saturday!

Carol et al...what about May 7th? That should be a non-Mother's Day and it's not the Memorial Day weekend either. I think I have something the 2nd week of May or might have...

Hopefully Yvonne is not working that Saturday!

Nothing in my calendar so far - i'll mark it as tentative for our get together - thanx for working on this - maybe Kingsnake is interested too - but leave the snakes at home! ha!ha! carol

Nothing in my calendar so far - i'll mark it as tentative for our get together - thanx for working on this - maybe Kingsnake is interested too - but leave the snakes at home! ha!ha! carol

Carol, Yvonne, et all...

Shall we save the date? This way we have something to aim for and once we find out who can come set the location; somewhere 1/2 or so.

I think Kingsnake57 is in San Leandro, both Yvonne and I are in SJ and you are in Antioch. Anyone else interested in getting together to put faces to our cruising names?