Disney for the Day

Mstmp

:o

So before we went on our cruise we did a lot of research and I know a lot of people ask or wonder is the Magic Kingdom or any other park worth it for the day, here is how we did it:

Port Canaveral:

We did do Disney for the day. All on our own. I reserved in advance a mini bus from Happy limousine. 20 of us went and it was perfect. I did not charge per person I charged per family and singles paid $40.00 that was my pricing. The mini bus was $734.00 total that includes gratuity and roudtrip. They took us to the transportation center and then we took a short ferry ride over to Disney. We left the port at 12pm and we were in the park by 1:20pm.

I have been to Disney at least 10 times and I love it there so I knew exactly where and what to do. If it is your first time with kids then I do not reccommend it because you will spend half your time figuring out what to do and where to go, or you can go and just really know what you want to do and get your hands on a map of the particular park you will be going to.

We had a great day and would do it again in a heartbeat, back on the minibus by 7:15 and back to the ship by 8:15pm

Also there were 2 people from our group that decided to go to Universal on there own and said they had a blast.

Wow, it sounds like you really had a game plan for the Magic Kingdom. You are correct though, for first timers this probably would not be worth it money wise and time wise as there is so much to see and do that it could be very exasperating running from ride to ride and trying to fit in as much as possible in that small a time frame. Not to mention all of the wondeful shows and the parade. I'm glad you and your group had a good time.

Cari :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this post - we are planning to use our "Give a day Get a day" vouchers for our half day in Magic Kingdom and I am ready with a game plan and thinking it will be GREAT. I've been to Disney MANY times and I am pretty hard core with planning - but my daughter (almost 3) has never gone so I am excited to take her to see Mickey and the Princesses, even if we only have half a day! :D Glad to hear it is do-able!

Thanks for this post - we are planning to use our "Give a day Get a day" vouchers for our half day in Magic Kingdom and I am ready with a game plan and thinking it will be GREAT. I've been to Disney MANY times and I am pretty hard core with planning - but my daughter (almost 3) has never gone so I am excited to take her to see Mickey and the Princesses, even if we only have half a day! :D Glad to hear it is do-able!

Wendy, here are 2 web sites that might help you out. The first one will customize a touring plan of a Disney park so that you can see the maximum in the minimum amount of time. http://www.touringplans.com You can also get the "Unofficial Guide to Disney" book. I checked a copy out at our local library and make copies of the touring plans. Just make sure you get the most updated copy. 2010 or at least 2009.

The second one is an unofficial Disney site that offers many useful tips, reader reviews and park restaurant menus with pricing. www.allearsnet.com

Good Luck to you and have a wonderful vacation. Cari :)

• 2 months later...

I'm looking possibly to do the same for my 11/14 cruise but am concern about the timing and cost. From NCL, it looks like the excursion will be $175 for each adult so for me and my wife plus the little one (22months during cruise) will be $350. Seems a lot. Transfer only is $64 each. So a one day disney tk cost $110? Are there any half day tickets similar to other parks. I know I'm dreaming as disney doesn't do any discount.

Being that we won't get to the park till 1:30 ish and park closes at 7pm there's not too much time. Didn't realize the park closes earlier at that time of the year.

So is going with NCL's excursion a better bet for a parent of 22months old? I've been to disney twice, and the wife once.

Thanks

Archived