Internet Query.

dickwho

This question has probably been worked to death but....

We came back to Oz on the QE2, and initially on the voyage had few concessions, so internet time was expensive.

What got on my goat was the fact that it was as slow a wet week and it took nine minutes for me to gain access to my banking account. I 'exited' damn quick though. Of course I was charged for this period.

We are off on the Dawn Princess soon for a trip, naturally I'll probably have to get into the net, but can anyone tell me if the P.C.s that are available are quick to log on to etc.

Another quickie, what is the availability of P.C.s. Like, do you have to get there at meal times, early morning, or do you just take pot luck, and wait?

Dick

We came back to Oz on the QE2, and initially on the voyage had few concessions, so internet time was expensive.

What got on my goat was the fact that it was as slow a wet week and it took nine minutes for me to gain access to my banking account. I 'exited' damn quick though. Of course I was charged for this period.

We are off on the Dawn Princess soon for a trip, naturally I'll probably have to get into the net, but can anyone tell me if the P.C.s that are available are quick to log on to etc.

Another quickie, what is the availability of P.C.s. Like, do you have to get there at meal times, early morning, or do you just take pot luck, and wait?

Dick[/quo

Best to buy a package and there are ample but still slow. There are enough no need miss out on anything

wendy

Dick

EDIT this post please

hi dick, with you doing the world cruise once you reach 50 days you get to platinum and then you get the bonus internet....they do the cruise in sectors and they count towards your internet

with using the internet its pot luck but i normally go near dinner time and it can be slow

rkmw

I found time of day made a bit of difference. But more so how many stations were in use. When I went to the cafe in the early a.m. (6:30ish), it seemed quite fast, versus dinner time when many terminals were in use. But in the early a.m. I was one of perhaps two terminals in use. There were about 25 stations on the Emerald, and at times almost all were in use. It seemed slower then, but of course, that was a busier time of day as well. So I think two factors in play.

Archived