For those of us who haven't grown up

mferris77

My question is in regards to the Dream, but I suspect policies are the same across the fleet:

For those of us who look like adults but still like to play video games, is the arcade off-limits to adults? And how much do tokens cost? Hopefully it's cheaper than a land-based arcade. ( 25 cents per credit/token)

I noticed in one pic of the kid's club there is what looks lik a mini pool table. Are there pool tables elsewhere on the ship that adults can use?

Can't comment on the arcade. Just wanted to jump in and say that you are not the only " Big-Kid " who likes games. My BF ( he is 51 BTW ) is addicted to that computer game called " World-War Craft " They have little midevil style characters that move from town to town and buy things and destroy evil. He has played this game for several years along with others in his guild. I can't see how he will survive for 7 days without it. LOL. Have a great time.

This big kid started cruising when video games were still an addiction. But the games I likes were never in the Carnival arcades.

But, there are NO restrictions to access. Anyone can play! To me, though, they are overpriced.

Can't comment on the arcade. Just wanted to jump in and say that you are not the only " Big-Kid " who likes games. My BF ( he is 51 BTW ) is addicted to that computer game called " World-War Craft " They have little midevil style characters that move from town to town and buy things and destroy evil. He has played this game for several years along with others in his guild. I can't see how he will survive for 7 days without it. LOL. Have a great time.

Oh yes I am well familiar with World of Warcraft. It is very addicting and I had to stop playing it. :-)

But, there are NO restrictions to access. Anyone can play! To me, though, they are overpriced.

Oh good.. glad we have the option to play the games if we want. Too bad they're overpriced, but I'm not surprised in the least.

Feel free to go in the arcade, why not!!!

Pool tables--Not in the passenger areas...I say this because the Crew Lounge has a pool table.....I posed the question of how well they can play pool on a floating hotel and my reply was rather cheecky..I guess they can......then again, the crew member I keep up with is really a sweet guy, and cute....

This is what Carnival says:

All of the video arcade games are priced at $1.25 per game, with the exception of Air Hockey which is $1.50 per game. The price is the same amount to continue the game.

The machines accept only video tokens. The change machine in the arcade that dispenses the tokens accepts the guest’s Sail & Sign card, US bills and coins.

When a guest uses their Sail & Sign card, the default is $20 per day; this can be raised or lowered to any amount as per the parents’ wish.

The arcade is open 24 hours a day.

My teenage boys have been on Paradise and Fantasy. They say all the machines don't always work, and they usually can't get anyone to fix the the entire cruise. So good luck.

And hey, it's YOUR vacation. You can play all you want.:D

just so you know, he's not addicted to video games-he's only addicted to WoW!!!

My question is in regards to the Dream, but I suspect policies are the same across the fleet:

For those of us who look like adults but still like to play video games, is the arcade off-limits to adults? And how much do tokens cost? Hopefully it's cheaper than a land-based arcade. ( 25 cents per credit/token)

I noticed in one pic of the kid's club there is what looks lik a mini pool table. Are there pool tables elsewhere on the ship that adults can use?

Like others have already said, they are extremely overpriced and not in very good working order.

Archived