Back from Oasis 2/27 my thoughts

cina54

Have read many opinions on the Oasis and figured I would toss in my opinions.

Arrived at port about 11:30A boarded immediately, no wait.

Shows are awesome and first rate, see them all and twice if possible. Make reservations and plan dinners around them.

My time dining: awesome, we had a table for 2, fast dinners not dragging on. But, you can easily talk to people around you. Had the same dining servers which was nice. Same people around us so we liked that when we did not want to talk to them we did not have to. No awkward moments. Hope it is available on all ships.

Easy to maneaver ship with the electronic locators around the ship.

Yes, it sometimes does feel crowded. The solarium on sea days. Around the pool. Lunch at the solarium. If you go to the less occupied areas no it will not be. There are still chair hogs that sole purpose to obtain chairs for their group. Once they got all their chairs they start to peel off leaving them empty. It was classic hoggery. Agrivating to watch.

Coffee is very good if you add a little hot water to it so it is not soo strong. I am a coffee snob. Learned this trick a few cruies ago.

Food is very good. Ate in the dining room for dinner did not go to the pay restaurants very happy with choices. Many healthy options too.

Did pay for cupcakes...let me just say coconut....so moist.

Cookies at the promenade choc chunk and chocolate really good.

Walking track is great on the 5th deck.

Richard Spacey not really for us, loved the Polish younger man we had on Liberty last Feb. much better for he did not try to be funny just was. this guy is phoney...just my opinion.

Service overall excellent.

Look for all the little places around the ship that not many go to. Many are really cool. Back of the ship deck 5. Deck 14 forward have to go down a hall with cabins you get to a deck not many find. Great place to go going in or out of port.

Face reconigtion organizes pictures of your family...really neat.

Loved just sitting on our deck (6) looking out at the ocean just watching the world go by. Railing is high so it does not obscure vision. Glass nice and clean.

We are going back to Adventure next Feb. for the 3rd cruise on her. Although she is not small we do need to downsize a bit. We wanted to try Oasis but have the need for a bit smaller.

Can't think of anything else right now.

Cina54

13 cruises and counting

Thank you so much for the great review! Glad to hear that you liked the MTD as we are signed up for that and we have heard some mixed reviews. It is so nice to hear the different opinions and ideas from past cruisers. I feel like I am the most informed that I have ever been before a cruise. Just wish I would have found CC before this year!!

I had the 6:00 dining, but table for two like you and I couldn't agree more, that it was the way to go for the same reasons you did. I also didnt pay for restaurants and thought the food was great with alot of healthy options. The solarium did get very crowded, I agree. I have to disagree about Richard Spacey though, he made me laugh til my sides hurt. Let's face it, they are all phoney's or to say in a nicer way, actors. I like a smaller ship also, but this one was worth trying.

We were in 6700. Great location, no noise and I am really sensitive for we live out in the sticks where it is really quiet.

that's good to hear. we're going to be down the hall in 6670. for some reason they changed us and put us in a connecting cabin. hope that won't be an issue.

Archived