10 day parking for cruisers at pier 27, san francisco

tersta

Does anybody know if there are parking lots close to pier 27, San Francisco, for 10 days for cruise ship passengers? If you do, what is the rate for 10 days? Thanks for your info.

Tersta

Hi Tersta….

I have tried in vain to find that info that you are looking for. I spent over an hour yesterday googling for information. I found one sentence buried in useless information stating that parking was $9.50/ hr but no other info that I would like: Where is the garage? Can you make a reservation? Do you need to worry about it filling to capacity before you get there? Can you park the day before the cruise? I am so frustrated as are others on our roll call. I just now hung up from AAA in SF. I did not get a person but was able to leave a message. If I hear back (and that is a big IF), I will share all info on this thread.

I hope that others who see this thread may have information.

We do not want to drive into SF without knowing what we are doing.

Judith

you could always drop off one person with luggage at ship, then go back and park at longterm parking at airport--and take BART back into the city. a bit of a pain, but an alternative.

or come in the night before, stay overnight near the airport and take advantage of park/fly packages.

I am posting this on both our roll call and the “west coast departure” board:

I spoke with AAA SF, Princess Cruises, and one of the parking attendants at the Ace garage in SF near pier 35. (55 Francisco St) Although there may be parking at pier 27, Princess told me that they recommend Ace because it is “protected parking” which I like to hear. Here the e-mail address for Ace Parking: http://www.sfport.com/site/port

If you go into the Princess website, in the search box put “San Francisco” click, then click on the first option of the page you get. It will link to another page. The first link there, near the bottom reads “San Francisco port directions and details” Click that. It will give you parking instructions and is PDF so you can print it. I was told that there are no shuttles to pier 27 from there, but there is a taxi stand at the garage. The fare would be $5.00. It is an easy walk if you are not carrying luggage so it might be an idea to drop a passenger at pier 27 with the luggage then have the driver park and walk back.

I called the recommended garage and spoke with a very nice attendant. He gave me the following information:

1. The rate is $12.00 per calendar day. They will take a charge card even though their ad says “cash only”

2. You can make a reservation by calling the garage phone number 2 weeks before your arrival.

3. It is a large garage with plenty of parking and they have never had to close it to cruise passengers due to lack of room so a reservation really isn’t necessary.

4. The ad also shows that they are closed on weekends, but will open up if a cruise ship is in port on a weekend day.

We are going in the day before as we are driving from Oregon. We can park there the day before the cruise and still get the cruise rate.

Hope all of this info helps…..

Judith

Nice Post. Very good info.

A Comment:

The cab driver will not be happy about a $5 fare on a cruise day! But it is an easy walk even with the carry-ons from the garage to Pier 27 because it is level ground. If you pull in front of Pier 27, the porters are right there on the sidewalk and you can give your heavier suitcases (with a tip) to the porters and then both of you can drive to the lot. Odd numbered Piers are together -- almost next to Pier 27 is Pier 33 (Alcatraz Pier) and next is Pier 35. There is a left turning lane across from Pier 33 -- I think it says Bay St. which will take you to the Parking Lot with a few immediate turns. Have the route to the garage mapped out because one can get tangled in the one ways and be back on Embarcadero going the other way!

I was told that there are no shuttles to pier 27 from there, but there is a taxi stand at the garage. The fare would be $5.00. It is an easy walk if you are not carrying luggage so it might be an idea to drop a passenger at pier 27 with the luggage then have the driver park and walk back.

Judith

Edited by sultan_sfo

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...