Cabin above NEW Spinnaker on STAR

mew1

Which cabin will you be in? We have 8670 booked for August and we are hoping that someone who has been in one of those cabins will come back and let us know what it was like. We could move up a deck to nine because there is still one deck nine cabin left but right now we have a cabin with a wrap around balcony and I don't want to have to give that up if the noise in that cabin is bearable, or if they get the problem fixed before August. Hopefully someone will come back and let you know about the noise before you have to leave.

So far the reviews are that the noise is sort of bad. The ship's personnel are aware of this and have told some returning cruisers that they are working on an insulation installation error. Hopefully that resolves the noise issue. More returning cruisers will chime in when they have more information to add.

PE

We had 8132 booked for April 25th sailing and found out on this board that the couple in that cabin (3/6 sailing) asked to be moved and accepted a mini-suite plus OBC. There may be more to the story but it made us nervous so PCC contacted NCL to see if anything could be done even though suites showed to be sold out. We were kind of hoping for an OBC but NCL offered to upgrade us to an AC suite on deck 9 fwd (no cost) which we accepted. Doesn't mean that there is a problem but given the considerable price difference between those cabins, it does make you go hmmmmmm.

I have 8170 booked and an OC next door for my sister in law, their first cruise so I hope NOT to ruin the experience, I really put careful thought into the cabins, originally there was the gallery below, no noise to worry about. I bought ear plugs hope they help

I have 8170 booked and an OC next door for my sister in law, their first cruise so I hope NOT to ruin the experience, I really put careful thought into the cabins, originally there was the gallery below, no noise to worry about. I bought ear plugs hope they help

We have 8170 booked too for the Jan. Panama Canal transit. Would appreciate hearing back after your cruise. Hope the noise doesn't affect your cruise experience. We had 8672 on our last cruise and loved the aft. No noise except the ship's wake.

Archived