Military discount question

CocoaMom

We've sailed with other cruise lines but this is our first carnival cruise and I need some assistance.

DH faxed his DD214 along with other requested info to the "interline desk." I called to verify receipt, told I can't reach that desk and I'm asking how I'm supposed to know everything is ok?

My PVP takes care of making sure everything is where it needs to be - including the paperwork for military discounts. Do you have a PVP with Carnival, or did you just make your reservation online ?

Usually a telephone call will get someone helpful to assist you - but, I've never called the interline desk - that is generally for folks employed in occuptions other than military :confused:

We've sailed with other cruise lines but this is our first carnival cruise and I need some assistance.

DH faxed his DD214 along with other requested info to the "interline desk." I called to verify receipt, told I can't reach that desk and I'm asking how I'm supposed to know everything is ok?

When I book, I normally FAX to my PVP - I'm not sure about Faxing to the Interline number? Did you book directly on-line? or with PVP? or with TA?

FYI - Below are Military Rate Terms and conditions (but no FAX number!):

Terms and conditions:

The company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests at up to $9 per person per day if the NYMEX oil price exceeds $70 per barrel.

Rates are cruise-only, per person, based on double occupancy and exclude transportation. This promotion is capacity controlled and rates are subject to change

without notice. Promotional 3/4/5th guest rates are combinable with this promotion at time of booking. Federal taxes and government fees are additional for all guests.

Normal individual deposit and cancellation policies will apply. Qualifying Military personnel are permitted to book one cabin. Verification qualifying the guest for Military

rates must be submitted for reservations made definite with payment within: 72 hours, for reservations outside of 1 week prior to sailing and 24 hours, for reservations

inside of 1 week prior to sailing. Failure to comply with this policy will result in Carnival rescinding the Military discount.

ken

It has been a few years since my DH faxed his DD-214, but Carnival sent an e-mail confirmation to us once it was processed. If I remember correctly, it took 2-3 days for the confirmation to arrive. Since it was our first cruise, we took a copy of the DD-214 and military ID with us to embarkation to ensure pricing. We didn't encounter any problems. Since the first booking, it appears that the information is retained in Carnival's system and we have not had to re-submit the forms.

Ditto, going thru the PVP. Mine handles pretty much everything for me, except filling the ES form when booking ES of course. Thankfully that is a brainless procedure for even the most feeble minded to do correctly (if they will only take the time to read the instructions). I normally do book Military.

We also faxed to our PVP. Did you use a PVP to book or just some random person who answered the phone, or online? If you used a PVP or TA you could refax to them (after talking with them, naturally :)) and handle it that way. If you just used a random person or booked online through the website, you could call and ask to speak to a supervisor and find out where your papers are.

I have a PVP I talk to on a regular basis and have booked all 8 of my cruises through him and have referred many friends to him as well. Its good to have a PVP to build a relationship with. I had an issue on one of my cruises and he guided me on what to do and he calls me now and then to let me know about deals he KNOWS I would be interested in

First off, thank you all for responding and as of this morning I finally spoke with someone directly @ the interline desk who has confirmed they did receive the fax and we're all set.

I had spent days calling the toll free nbr, they had refused to transfer me, were kind of rude and finally when I pushed the issue, I was informed their computers were down and to check back on Friday, sigh. So much for customer service and honestly at that point, I was beginning to question as to why I had ever agreed to even try carnival.

I then posted this over on the carnival forum and the rep online there gave me a phone nbr that connected me to the right person. I must say, he was very helpful and couldn't have been nicer to deal with. :)

I'm assuming I don't have a PVP. I booked our cabins on the phone with carnival @ their toll free nbr. This will be our first cruise with carnival, but I've sailed numerous times with other cruise lines.

There is no "discount". It's a refundable deposit rate. ES is usually the cheaper way to go, or so we've found in our research.

I like the refundable deposit in the event we can't go....come hell or high water, we're on the boat in September.

When is your cruise? I was told they could'nt give me a discount.

We're sailing June 20th (Valor) and what's interesting is when I first booked our cabins, I was told there was no discount available. My DH although retired Navy is now employed in career #2 on a base and happened to receive an email from base travel offering a military discount on this sailing ... that's when I contacted carnival again asking even though we're already under deposit. I was prepared to cancel with carnival if they didn't match. Well, they did offer me the discount and truthfully, on my sailing it is a substantial savings in my eyes anyway.

We found the Military Rate to be cheaper than the ES rate and you can cancel without a penalty (before the final payment is due). However, all the people we are cruising with in April, who booked ES, are receiving upgrades and obc and when I called requesting this, I was told that we had received the absolute best rate available and were not eligible for any upgrades.

Very disappointing in that this is our 7th cruise with Carnival and have NEVER received anything from them...no upgrades, no OBC. Seems strange...you would think they want to keep past cruisers happy to keep them booking more cruises.

Sorry about they hijack....we are feeling a bit cranky about Carnival recently.:rolleyes:

Archived