Room temperature question

lebouefs

sailing on the Triumph April 2 ..... and had a question about the temperature of the internal rooms i.e. should we bring sweats to sleep in or will a pair of shorts do ? ........ i guess the main question is can we adjust the temp up or down ?

sailing on the Triumph April 2 ..... and had a question about the temperature of the internal rooms i.e. should we bring sweats to sleep in or will a pair of shorts do ? ........ i guess the main question is can we adjust the temp up or down ?

The temp can be adjusted. so bring whatever you're comfortable to sleep in....if anything at all :p

Just got off the Triump this past Saturday. I have a battery operated digital alarm clock that also has a thermometer. I also was never cold anywhere on the ship while others were freezing. We had the in cabin temp as cold as it would go. Temps ranged from 69-74F. It would be 69 when returning to cabin at night, 74 when we got up. To me 69 was good, it would get hot as the temps rose over night.

Hope this helps you decide, you could also pick up a cheap thermometer with suction cups and stick it to the mirror.

Just an interesting side note... with the exception of the Dream the ships don't have heat in the cabins. They're designed for the warm waters of the Caribbean!

We were on the Ecstasy last month and ran into a cold front on the way home. We couldn't get the cabin warm enough and I walk around in shorts all winter!!!

The ceiling control really regulates airflow... not temperature.

Ecstasy101.jpg

:)

The dial in the ceiling doesn't help much..on the Fascination and Sensation, we couldn't get the temp above 60...ended up wearing a hooded fleecy to sleep in over my pj's. It also depends on the wind and the temp outside. 60 is great for walking. not so much for sitting still in. Check your closet as soon as you get to the room. If no blankets, ask your room steward to get some. Better to have it and NOT need it, than to be shivering at 2 am :)

Just an interesting side note... with the exception of the Dream the ships don't have heat in the cabins. They're designed for the warm waters of the Caribbean!

We were on the Ecstasy last month and ran into a cold front on the way home. We couldn't get the cabin warm enough and I walk around in shorts all winter!!!

The ceiling control really regulates airflow... not temperature.

Ecstasy101.jpg

:)

On every Conquest class ship that I've ever been on there was a temperature dial that went from blue (cold) to red (assume warm) beside the bathroom door. (At least on the inside cabins)

We generally keep it in about the middle but carry a really small fan for air circulation at night too.

And now that I think about it on our Med cruise on the Freedom we had to have the dial set to heat because it was in March and still quite chilly in Europe at that time a year.

thanks for the tips i will try and pick up a thermometer

Just curious, do you need a thermometer to tell you if you are cold or hot?

I can usually tell by the way I feel.

On the Triumph, the dial on the grill in the ceiling adjusts a damper to open up

and allow more airflow, or close down to allow little or no airflow.

• 1 month later...

Archived