Cost Of Pictures

Can anyone tell me the prices of the photo's if the cruise provides the photographer? Can you get a DVD/CD of all the pictures?

Son is getting married in Key West off the Carnival Destiny.

We might have a "DIY" wedding on the beach and hired a ship photographer for pictures.

I have been told the photographer would be $30-$50 per hour. We have to request one when boarding the ship ( I wish we could reserve one)

Has anyone ever done something like this or close with advise to give??

Thanks

I don't know if I would take the chance on getting a photographer after I board the ship. It is too important of an occasion to miss getting pictures of! Actually, I didn't even think the photographers were allowed to leave the ship for a wedding if they were not part of Carnivalls packages.

MalibuBarbie

Hubby and I were married on the Legend in 2007. The photograper took a lot of pics. They wanted $2,200 for all the pics (about 200). I told them they were crazy and purchased 60 a la cart ($400). You can get all of them on a dvd but again they wanted $2,200!!

We got married on RCI and its a bit different than Carnival as far as the set up.

But I wanted to share a few things with you. If you get married on the beach you can use an independent wedding company. You can find some on the boards or even a Google search, if you do go this direction check out their reviews!! The wedding consultant companies would give you all the information for photographers, location avail and all other information you would need as well as help you plan it and would probably be less expensive than going through 'the wedding experience' that all the cruise lines sub contract through.

If you do get married on the ship you have to go with 'The Wedding Experience'. As I said there are some differences between the different cruise lines as to how they deal with the wedding personal but I will share what we did, if it would be possible for you I am not sure...

We had our onboard, 2 days after the wedding the photographer gaves us contact sheets of all our photos to pick from (and yes ALL the packages are over priced!!) I took the contact sheet to one of our ports and went to an internet cafe (u could try and find a kinkos anything like that) and I had them scan the contact sheets and I emailed them to myself. I did buy a package too but I was able to get some pictures later that I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the extra money on

good luck

Archived