Marriot LAX or San Pedro or Long Beach

GOcanucksGO

im goin wit crowne plaza, now when i get to LAX is there a supper shuttle desk??

There is no desk, go outside to the ground transportation island, look for the overhead sign that says ground transportation, both Super Shuttle and Prime time shuttle will have attendants there loading the vans. They will ask where you are going and load you on the appropriate van. The vans will usually make two loops around the terminal picking up others to fill the van. Make sure you tell them the Crowne Plaza San Pedro as there are many differnt Crowne Plazas.

We recently stayed at the Westin in Long Beach and really loved it. The location was great if you are coming in early. There is plenty to do withing walking distance from the hotel. The Hilton there is another good option, right across from the waterfront and connected to the conference center. We used Zippy Shuttle, the picked us up at the hotel and delivered us to the pier, very friendly and dependable service. If we ever cruise out of San Pedro again I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Westin again.

There is no desk, go outside to the ground transportation island, look for the overhead sign that says ground transportation, both Super Shuttle and Prime time shuttle will have attendants there loading the vans. They will ask where you are going and load you on the appropriate van. The vans will usually make two loops around the terminal picking up others to fill the van. Make sure you tell them the Crowne Plaza San Pedro as there are many differnt Crowne Plazas.

It's that easy. That's where we've picked up the Flyaway Bus to get back to the SF Valley from LAX (the opposite way of where you're going). Super shuttle, Prime Time Shuttle and the other shuttle companies will have vans there. As stated above, make sure you tell them the exact hotel (the driver should know where it is).

We stayed at the LAX Marriott the night of our wedding as we had an early morning flight for Honolulu. Once the limo dropped us off, we stayed. We weren't about to go roaming about looking for food as we knew we would have to get a taxi and go a distance (fortunately we had the champagne and fruit basket the hotel gave us for being honeymooners -- there was nothing worth getting on the room service menu).

Personally, if an out-of-town friend was coming here for a cruise, I would strongly suggest staying away from the airport. (if you go out while it's still light you would see the "business district" and know why many of us are saying this). If flying in a day before, San Pedro or Long Beach will do fine. Plus, if you need to get supplies (beverages for the cruise, forgotten items), there are stores near the hotels in SP and LB that are recommended by the local Angelenos here on CC.

Some people have said that one of the SP hotels (Doubletree or Crowne Plaza) does have a view of the harbor so if you get the right room, you can see the cruiseships arriving early in the morning. You'll be that much closer to your ship in the morning than if you stayed around LAX.

so this means if i stay at the Marriot LAX via princess i can get there and back but can't walk around at night....if i stay at hilton or crowne plaza i would have to supper shuttle it down there both ways to/from LAX and with crowne plaza being the best bet as it is closest to the pier....

I would do the Marriot LAX only if flying in late the night before your cruise. The area around the airport is primarily office buildings, parking lots, hotels and strip clubs. Safe in the hotel, but no where to walk to (unless you DO want to go to a strip club).

If it's the Marriot I'm thinking of it is a nice business hotel. We've stayed there a few times before flying out of LAX.

so this means if i stay at the Marriot LAX via princess i can get there and back but can't walk around at night....if i stay at hilton or crowne plaza i would have to supper shuttle it down there both ways to/from LAX and with crowne plaza being the best bet as it is closest to the pier....

Call the hotels around the LAX area. There use to be a free shuttle for hotel guests that took you to Manhattan Beach and a shopping mall. We have walked around there and didn't see any problems. There is also a shopping center that has a Trader Joes that is approx. 3/4 of a mile from the hotels. You do have to walk along a busy highway, but there is a sidewalk and stoplights/cross walks.

Archived