Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

allelect

This hotel has been highly recommended on these boards. Our cruise is next January 9th, 2011, but I've already started looking into hotels pre-cruise. I'm finding that the room rate for then is $299 no matter what website I look at e.g. Priceline, Hotwire, etc. I'm not very experienced with these sites. Am I too early or can I expect a much better rate later this year? Would appreciate any suggestions from you savvy travelers!

I will be travelling out of miami this october and have already booked marriott biscayne through priceline. Although I might have been able to get it a little cheaper if I waited a little longer and closer to the date, I was able to get it for $85. I always like to have everything prepared.

You may be a little early. I will be staying there in July and booked through Priceline and got it for $75 including taxes. I went to the Marriot site to see what the price is booking thru them and it was $99 not including taxes. This far out, the price you got will probably drop by late summer to early fall.

This hotel has been highly recommended on these boards. Our cruise is next January 9th, 2011, but I've already started looking into hotels pre-cruise. I'm finding that the room rate for then is $299 no matter what website I look at e.g. Priceline, Hotwire, etc. I'm not very experienced with these sites. Am I too early or can I expect a much better rate later this year? Would appreciate any suggestions from you savvy travelers!

I stayed there this past January for $99 and I got that through the hotel website. They always have specials but right now it is too early to see any.

Don't book the hotel now! I used to work at a hotel....wait maybe 4-5 more months and then check. The prices WILL drop. The farther out you book, the more you're gonna pay. I booked a room at the Hyatt in Miami in July of 2009 for our December 2009 cruise...just b/c I wanted to secure a room at that particular hotel. At booking time, I paid $159 plus tax...2 months before the cruise it dropped to $89 per night and remained at that price. I called and cancelled our reservation and in the same coversation made a new reservation for $89. ;)

I booked our January 13, 2011 stay at the end of January 2010 and paid $229. I've been watching the price since then and yep, it went up to what you're seeing now. You could go cheaper probably with Priceline or Hotwire, but there are a few caveats to that.

You might not even get that hotel. Bidding on those sites is by rating and there are other hotels that fall into the same rating as this one.

You likely won't be able to choose your own room (we wanted a port view and we paid for it) and if you need a room with more than one bed, you might not be able to get it. You can call and request it, but that's about it. No guarantee.

I have a family of 5 so bidding on a hotel room is not an option for me. Besides liking to control which hotel I'm staying at, I don't want half of my family sleeping on the floor! :)

If you book now, watch the prices. If the price drops, you can cancel and rebook at the current rate. I've done this at other Marriott properties without a problem, but ask before you book just to make sure. You have a guaranteed room before they fill up and you get the lower rate.

Archived