Solstice or Carnival Dream

Luvtoeat

Hello,

We were on the Dream for Thanksgiving out of NYC and LOVED it!!

Brand new beautiful ship! Had a spa room and was right next to the nicest spa

on a ship! Loaded with kids but all had a great time! Great water slides for all ages.

Food and entertainment was excellent!

Going on the Solstice in 10 days so can't shed any light on that yet.

Probably not as much for kids on the Solstice but sure sounds like a beautiful ship.

We love to try all the cruise lines.

Good luck deciding!

We did a Carnival (not Dream) a few years back - We determined that Carnival is not our style. We were on Solstice in November in the Med. Solstice is a beautiful ship and it was a marvelous cruise. The entertainment was more in line with what we like -- the music was not so loud that I couldn't hear my self think, we liked the shows, and really liked the lawn games and Hot Glass Shows. The spa facilities on Solstice were more relaxing and I really liked their workout area.

Can't give you specific comparision to the Dream, but on the Carnival cruise we were on -- well it just seemed hectic. If you want more of the non-stop entertainment Dream may be a better choice. If you want more relaxing fun, Solstice might be your choice. What kind of a vacation do you like?

You didn't mention if the itineraries are similiar making it hard to decide. The ships aren't going to be similiar.

Personally I don't like the layout of Carnival ships they seem to be cut up too much and I don't like that there isn't an aft bar area where you can look off the back of the ship. I didn't think the food was good. I actually went hungry at dinner because the food was always too done, too cold or just not good (IMHO) Obviously people like Carnival but it's not a good fit for us.

We like Celebrity, we liked Princess and are looking to try Royal Caribbean. I would choose Solstice over Dream.

Archived