screws spa and sulphur springs

cruisenuts4life

• 2 weeks later...
Are they the same or 2 different places? And if so which is better?

Hi,

They are the same place. It is a great experience! I did the excursion this March on RCCL's Explorer. Our excursion started at the Titu Gorge where we walked/swam in the gorge and saw the place where some scenes from The Pirates of the Caribbean were filmed. It is so beautiful. Then we went to the Screw's Sulphur Spa. The suphur springs are down a flight of steps in a natural setting. They had some changing areas. Don't expect a blue ribbon spa, this is a different kind of nature experience. A great excursion. I loved it!

Hi,

They are the same place. It is a great experience! I did the excursion this March on RCCL's Explorer. Our excursion started at the Titu Gorge where we walked/swam in the gorge and saw the place where some scenes from The Pirates of the Caribbean were filmed. It is so beautiful. Then we went to the Screw's Sulphur Spa. The suphur springs are down a flight of steps in a natural setting. They had some changing areas. Don't expect a blue ribbon spa, this is a different kind of nature experience. A great excursion. I loved it!

There is also sulphur springs at Trafalgar falls these are free as opposed to Screws Spa which costs. We did this with Levi after doing Titu Gorge we went to Trafalgar then walked down to the Sulphur Baths, it was great.

• 3 weeks later...

I highly recommend Screws Spa! We were just there on April 8th.

You walk down about 40 stone steps to the 3 main pools, each a different temp ranging from hot tub to bath water. There is also a cool pool if you want. The pools ranged from about 4-6” deep, and were big enough to swim a little. There is a basic changing area, but no lockers. We just moved our backpack with us from pool to pool, leaving it on the side, and that worked fine. Entrance fee is $10 each, and you can stay as long as you want. We were there about an hour and a half. The water is an orange/brown tint from the minerals-it did stain the lining in my husband’s swimsuit. The pools are surrounded by stone work and tropical plants, it was very nice. We were given a plate of fresh fruit at the end, and you could buy Kubuli beer and water for $4 bottle. The price quoted was $35 r/t from a taxi driver outside the pier. I will be posting a link to some photos this weekend in my Millennium review I am currently working on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did the Screw spa excursion week of April 18th. Love, Love, Loved it! The water feels so silky and smooth. There was a really hot one, and some bath water like ones. It was wonderful. Don't know which excursion you are booking, but on the Hot Springs Escape you also go to a mountain to swim in between the mts. through a cave where the water is cold. It was fantastic and well worth the money! Here are some pics.

2599245170106446535S425x425Q85.jpg

2833087670106446535S425x425Q85.jpg

2813144110106446535S425x425Q85.jpg

2559672540106446535S425x425Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived