Everything Serenade of the Seas

If people could be patient, I can scan all my Compasses into a .pdf file at work tomorrow or Tuesday (I have Jury Duty in the morning so don't know exactly when I'll get to the office).

I'll go put them in my car right now so I don't forget

I downloaded all of mine tonight so I can post them over the next few days. I got day two posted tonight. Did you go on the same route as we did?

I downloaded all of mine tonight so I can post them over the next few days. I got day two posted tonight. Did you go on the same route as we did?

Yes, I was on the same route.

Wish I was there right now :(

I sailed the week of April 10-17. I am going to get my Compasses put into a pdf file tomorrow. I didn't get selected for jury duty :D

You'll have to excuse my lack of computer terminology:confused:. If you put them on a pdf file will they be altogether in one file? I know i'm taking up alot of space doing one page at a time. You sailed two weeks after me- I wonder if we had the same entertainers or if they switch them up. Photobucket went down right after I posted my last compass- So I'll try and post some more later

You'll have to excuse my lack of computer terminology:confused:. If you put them on a pdf file will they be altogether in one file? I know i'm taking up alot of space doing one page at a time. You sailed two weeks after me- I wonder if we had the same entertainers or if they switch them up. Photobucket went down right after I posted my last compass- So I'll try and post some more later

Should be the same shows by the RC Singers & Dancers, but different Headliners. We did not have Abbacadabra. I'll have to see how big the pdf files are and I can either upload just one, or separate them by day.

So, in general, what times are the shows? 7 PM and 9 PM? (That's what I think your compass says, but I had to stand with my head twisted sideways.) I'm considering what time to schedule dinner at Chops one evening, but want to be able to make a show. We preferr eating earlier, rather than later.

Note the Farewell Trivia, Farewell Party and Farewell show. On Day 2? Or is this the page 4 for the last day?

You are absolutely right- this has to be day 7. The strange thing is I downloaded the pics in the right order, but the came up on my photobucket account jumbled up. These pages are extremely hard to read- and I assumed I had the right order. Thnaks for pointing out the error!

You are absolutely right- this has to be day 7. The strange thing is I downloaded the pics in the right order, but the came up on my photobucket account jumbled up. These pages are extremely hard to read- and I assumed I had the right order. Thnaks for pointing out the error!

Thanks for your effort. I am enjoying reading them. My family is looking at me funny with my laptop turned sideways, but that doesn't stop me.

I will be on the Serenade 7/18 and this information is especially helpful for me. I am working on a cruise "bucket list" of all the things I want to do while on the ship. We'll tape it on the wall in our cabin and hilight the items off the list during the week as we do them.

Tired of looking sideways? Maybe this will work

DSC02932.jpg

Some may not know, but if you look at the top right of this page you will see the phone number for the port authority. This name and number will be different for each port you are in. It is the port agent that Royal Caribbean has hired for the day.

Everyone should carry this page with you when you go ashore. If there was a problem and for whatever reason you missed the ship, this is the number you should call. They represent you as the agent of Royal Caribbean and it is important to know that your temporary visa expired as soon as the ship left port. This agent can help you with your visa status and may be of some help in helping you make the arrangements to meet back up with the ship (including getting a tug or something to take you out to the ship).

OK, I attempted to upload the Compasses for the week of April 10, in pdf format but the files (four pages each) are too big for Cruise Critic. Uploading them one at a time would be no different than the photo files so if anyone wants the pdf versions (black & white, about 2.5mb each for the Compasses, and almost 6mb for a file with other Serenade info I will send you eight e-mails. Please only e-mail if your e-mail server can handle it. dreams4summer2 at aol dot com

Hi there, I thought I'd post this question under this thread and see if we can get an answer.....

A couple of us posters are wondering which side of the ship is usually on the docking side (destination side) of the ship when arriving in the ports in the Southern Caribbean.

We are trying to pick whether we want a port side or starboard side cabin.

Thanks!!

Hi there, I thought I'd post this question under this thread and see if we can get an answer.....

A couple of us posters are wondering which side of the ship is usually on the docking side (destination side) of the ship when arriving in the ports in the Southern Caribbean.

Thanks!!

I think the port side sees more docking action.

Thanks!!

I always book port side but it is really the luck of thhe draw which side you will be on. Luckily, You'll have good views in just about every port.

On our recent trip this was our order as I remember:

San Juan- facing the dock and a view of the small airport.

Tortola- facing away from the dock- pretty view

St. Maarten- facing away from the dock- nicer view of the water and Philipsburg

Antigua-facing the dock- view of shoreline and then another ship as it docked across from us. You get good views on each side here.

view of St. John from balcony:2189737650104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

St. Lucia- away from the dock- nice view across the harbor. The port side is the best side for views of the shoreline and the Pitons in the evening after departure. Luckily, the captain will do a 360 right by the Pitons for a great view for all. This is a don't miss!

view across the harbor in St. Lucia:

2014665120104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

Grenada- facing away from the dock- excellent view of St. George.

view of Serenade in port: 2704996190104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

Luckily, the captain will do a 360 right by the Pitons for a great view for all. This is a don't miss!

Just off the Serenade on Sunday. With this itinerary the ship leaves St. Lucia and heads toward Antigua so it does not go past the Pitons. If you're an early riser, we went past them coming in about 5-6:00AM, but no 360 turn, it would have rolled everybody out of bed.

Just off the Serenade on Sunday. With this itinerary the ship leaves St. Lucia and heads toward Antigua so it does not go past the Pitons. If you're an early riser, we went past them coming in about 5-6:00AM, but no 360 turn, it would have rolled everybody out of bed.

No 360 degree turn when I was on the Serenade in March 2009. We were leaving St. Lucia headed towards St. Maarten....

Archived