Serenity Adults 21+

npstudent

So we will be cruising on the Glory in a couple months...as most of you probably know it just got the serenity adult retreat added at dry dock.

My question is how, if at all, is the 21 and over age restriction enforced? Is there anyone actually around checking id's or is it more of a recommended age limit?

I've read on here it is almost always crowded...I'm assuming that's true almost all the time? For those that have been there, with all of the crowds, do you still find it to be a relaxing and quiet area of the ship?

Thanks everyone.

Last February, I sailed on the Imagination which had serenity. It was a great place, they were very strict about kids. I think once someone tried to bring children in and staff jumped on it and said this was an adult area only. Of course that guy flipped out on staff saying this was the only place with the nice cushy chairs, how dare they not let him have his children there with him. But the staff stood their ground and they left. It does get crazy busy by mid day, people move chairs and it gets a little disorganized. But all in all, I will spend my time in this area over the regular area.

We were on the Ecstasy last November, and they had the Serenity area....

We had the same experience as the PP....There were Carnival employees there enforcing the adult's only.....

It was FANTASTIC!!! It did get crowded mid day, but didn't get loud.....the folks in the hot tubs were quietly talking and hanging out and the one's on the loungers and chairs were just relaxing....

I would DEFINITELY pick this area over the main pool area.....

Sharon

. Of course that guy flipped out on staff saying this was the only place with the nice cushy chairs, how dare they not let him have his children there with him. But the staff stood their ground and they left. It does get crazy busy by mid day, people move chairs and it gets a little disorganized. But all in all, I will spend my time in this area over the regular area.

Do people ever cease to amaze you? I mean it's ADULTS ONLY but he should have been an exception cause it's got cushy chairs:rolleyes:

Bring a freaking personal cushion if your rumps so sensitive and stop being a selfish jerk.

Oh sorry should I tell you how I really feel????? :D

So Gill you should snap pics of people like this when you run into them, you could start a great poll/picture sort of thread that might last 5 minutes:D

I think the Serenity deck sounds lovely in theory and I can't wait to try it out in fact.

Cheers, Carole

I may be wrong, but I took the OP's question to mean did they check ID's on young adults, not if they allowed actual children. For instance, would a 19 or 20 yr old be able to hang out in the area with their 21 yr old friends.

Sorry, I don't know the answer as I have yet to visit one of the serenity areas, and I'm way past any danger of being carded!

We were on Fantasy last year and they have a serenity area. It was awesome. Not crowded at all, not sure most people even knew it was there. Age is strictly enforced.

There was one group that came in with kids that were way underage, as soon as the attendant noticed they were told they had to leave. Then on a different day there was another group of about 5 in the hot tub that were kind of on the cusp. They could have been 21 and just looked younger or not. The attendant asked if they were all 21. At first they said yes and then he asked to see their cards. They were pretty quick to confess at that point that only 1 of them was 21, the others were 18-20 so they were asked to leave and did.

Neither group was disturbing anyone, they were all very polite and quiet but still got the boot. When they say 21 and older they mean it :D

On the Fantasy there was an attendent in the area, handing out towels, cleaning,etc. She was also very active running kids out of the area. I saw her run a couple of family units out during the week. One of the hubbies got all in her face about it, she stood her ground and they left mutering to themselves the whole way out. Also a bar server was around most hours. I do have to agree with the guy about the chairs, maybe the most comfortable on board.

I love the serenity deck areas. I am glad they enforce the age, otherwise what is the point? When I want quiet and relaxing, I want quiet and relaxing.

I have seen people with kids look all stupid like they do not understand that is a 21 and over relaxing area. And I have personally asked crew to tell people with kids to leave at least once. Do not get me wrong I like kids and used to love hanging out by the pool while my own yard ape splashed arround. Now that I am done with that phase I want quiet.

Tom in Long Beach

We just got off the Glory on Sunday (3/21/2010) and it was enforced

the few times we were there. I saw 2 different times they kicked out kids

trying to come find mom or dad (or they said).

It was very nice area with 2 new spas in the front of the ship.

You should enjoy it.

I've been on the Fantasy twice since the serenity deck but it's a bit crowded for me. Very nice and quiet, but crowded. I've spent some time in the hot tubs there but I spend most of my deck time on the AFT waterworks deck. Of course, I have cruised in October and January so not a prime kid time but even with the slides, there have been few kids and the deck is so large that it's easy to find chair and with the wind blowing, you hardly hear anything!

We just got off the Glory on Sunday (3/21/2010) and it was enforced

the few times we were there. I saw 2 different times they kicked out kids

trying to come find mom or dad (or they said).

Wow. Now I'm concerned that my kids won't be able to actually come find me in the Serenity area if they need to. If they just quietly walk through looking for me to tell me where they're going to be next, and then leave, what could be wrong with that?

Wow. Now I'm concerned that my kids won't be able to actually come find me in the Serenity area if they need to. If they just quietly walk through looking for me to tell me where they're going to be next, and then leave, what could be wrong with that?

I'm really not trying to sound mean or ugly but most kids won't be quite and just find their parents. They will do what kids do...this area is for adults only. Perhaps set up a time schedule so you can go check on your children or meet them outside the area. If there is a true need to find you I'm sure the attendant will allow them to visit you but just to check in, I don't think so. If everyone's children did that then kids would be in and out all day and that sort of defeats the purpose of the area.

Yes I have children. Yes I like children.

The sail and sign cards are clearly marked for people who is under 21.

When we received out S&S cards before boarding, they couldn't tell us which card was DH & which was DS (13 yr old - a JR).

We found out they were incorrect when DH tried to buy a DOD and was told he had no charge privileges :D.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm really not trying to sound mean or ugly but most kids won't be quite and just find their parents. They will do what kids do...this area is for adults only. Perhaps set up a time schedule so you can go check on your children or meet them outside the area. If there is a true need to find you I'm sure the attendant will allow them to visit you but just to check in, I don't think so. If everyone's children did that then kids would be in and out all day and that sort of defeats the purpose of the area.

Yes I have children. Yes I like children.

I completely agree. I also have children (13 and 16) and look forward to finding a place to relax w/o the noise of these "lil darlings". Although mine are generally very well behaved, they are both boys and tend to play alot and get loud. I don't want my kids to disturb others and wish that everyone else shared that sentiment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Freedom and had a nice time in the Serenity area on several occasions throughout the week. It is a lovely area with comfortable lounge chairs, however it is NOT exactly quiet. On Freedom at least (and I imagine on the sister ships as well) Serenity begins at the top of the lido deck tiers, behind a wood slat fence. So anyone sitting near that end of the Serenity area will hear, quite loudly, all the hoopla of the lido deck. As the Serenity area stretches farther forward and around the bend of the bow, you don't hear the lido noise as much, but it still wasn't really quiet. Lots of wind and ocean sounds (which can be very relaxing, of course!) and people talking and laughing and even talking on their cell phones. Still pretty peaceful, way up in the bow, but don't expect the hushed tones of a spa.

I saw people who seemed younger than 21, just lounging like everyone else, and they weren't asked to leave, not even the young teen with his mom. But he may have only been there briefly; I didn't notice if he stayed or left. My kids never needed to come find me there, but if they had just walked through, I'm sure they'd wouldn't have been stopped. People were walking through constantly, looking for seats or for their friends or going from their loungers to the hot tubs or the bar.

We went on the well hidden :) SERENITY DECK on the Sensation in January. It was nice, especially after the very loud drunks left the hot tub. Seems like almost everyone was either reading or listening to an Ipod. Very quiet then

Archived