i have a question about carnival

cruisekid13

Ok I am not sure if this holds true for all Carnival ships but on the Triumph the doors ARE NOT METAL!!! I know because I made a whole bunch of stuff for my door and nothing would stick. Only the door frames are metal. We framed the door with my little magnetic signs but if you are making them they need to be the size of a large bookmark.

The cabin doors of the Conquest are not metal, either. I used good 'ol duct tape to hold my large door decor & it worked like a charm. And no, there wasn't any residue left behind after removing it a week later. Hope this helps.

Happy sailing,

T.

Now this may be a silly questions, but being a first time cruiser I think I am allowed a couple of silly questions - right?

Why do you decorate your door?

Is it easier to find your cabin that way?

:)

:D I've often wondered the same thing, just never asked. On all my cruises, I've never seen a door decorated. I'm guessing folks do it just for fun....

I have heard of door decorating contests when big groups travel together.

My kids used to decorate their door when they were younger, not so much anymore.

Most of the time I am happy to be able to find my door, maybe some decorations to make it stand out from the others would be a good idea!

And don't forget about the Cruise Critic Group Cruise identifying placards!

I've never been on a 'group' cruise, but heard they tend to place a sign on their door identifying them as being with the 'group'! :)

After a couple late evenings 'out and about', I'm not sure I'd want anyone to know where my cabin really was... :eek:

Archived