Taxi's at Boston's Black Falcon Port

bar_20

Are there usually plenty of taxi's at the port when the ship arrives? Our ship gets back at 8AM and there is a flight out of Logan at 10:25. If we take our own bags off the ship I am pretty sure we can make the flight if we can get a taxi right away. If you think that's too close a time frame I can book a later flight, 11:40 AM or 2:00 PM.

There should be taxis, but I haven't done this. However, a 10:25 flight seems agressive. Just because the ship docks at 8 am doesn't mean you can get actually get off it then. You need to be at the airport by 9:25, which means you have to be in a cab driving away from the pier by 9:10 am.

I think 10:25 is a bit early. When we got back to Boston after a Canada/New England cruise, we were off the ship by 8:00 or 8:30. There were plenty of taxis there to take you where you needed to go.

One thing to note, we were leaving on the 1st CAN/NE cruise for the season and the ship had just arrived from a transatlantic cruise. I guess immigration was really slow the day we boarded because they didn't clear the ship until mid-morning (for the passengers coming across on the transatlantic) and we didn't get to board until early afternoon.

One can never plan for things so it is best to take a little later flight. I remember waiting in line to get off the ship that morning and was starting to panic because I was afraid I would miss my flight. Luckily it all worked out.

Archived