What is the nicest beach in Turks and Ciacos

jessegirl88

Governor's beach is right at the pier in Grand Turk, is lovely and has very nice facilities. Margaritaville bar and grill is right next to the beach when you need food or drink. There is also a large swimming pool if you don't want to be in the sand. No reason to go elsewhere on Grand Turk unless you want to get a look at the island. It is small, you can see everything there is to see in an hour or less by taxi.

Great shops at the pier - my wife got some beautiful chocolate pearls when we were there a few weeks ago.

When we got off the boat we walked a ways to the right (not that far) and we had the beach just about to ourselves. We then turned the corner and walked a little further, and there the snorkelling was amazing!

When we got off the boat we walked a ways to the right (not that far) and we had the beach just about to ourselves. We then turned the corner and walked a little further, and there the snorkelling was amazing!

Ok...so do you follow the herd to the beach....then go right???....are most people going left??

Is the snorkeling right off the beach??? I have an 8yr old who i would love to be able to snorkel.

thanks

K

If you look at the Grand Princess webcam (go to Princess.com) they are in Grand Turk this afternoon. What you see in the picture is the quiet beach area to the right of the main pier (the small pier is where water excursions tie up). The busier beach area and Margaritaville is to the left just outside the picture. All of it is a short walk.

• 4 months later...
We are leaving in July on the Caribbean Princess and our first stop is Turks and Ciacos.. I was wondering what beach is the nicest there? Also, can we walk and do we taxi? Is St. Johns near Turks?

Turks and Caicos are actually a large group of islands...... The Caicos being the larger ones and the Turks the smaller group. Cruiseships currently call at GRAND TURK...... it has beautiful white sand beaches and stunning clear clear blue water....... other than that ......well, there's not much there. It really is all about the water and beach.

As far as being close to St. John...... hmmm without offending - might I suggest you check out this link (map of the Caribbean) and get your bearings on where you will be going :)

http://maps.caribseek.com/caribbean-map.shtml

Hope this helps !

• 2 weeks later...
Ok...so do you follow the herd to the beach....then go right???....are most people going left??

Is the snorkeling right off the beach??? I have an 8yr old who i would love to be able to snorkel.

thanks

K

Do you have Dick's Sporting Goods near you? They have great snorkels and masks for children. They are a soft silicone at the face and fit them nicely. We took our 10 yr old grandson last month on a cruise and he loved snorkeling at St Johns, at St Thomas, VI

• 1 month later...

Archived