Parking at Lahaina terminal?

priya08

Hello, we are taking RCI's Rhapsody of the seas to Hawaii in the end of April. The ship is tendered for 2 days in Lahaina, Maui. We want to rent a car for both the days. Does anyone know if there is any place to park at Lahaina terminal?

Not really any terminal, you'll land somewhere in close proximity to Lahaina Harbour. Might have to walk a little for parking.

Grey areas denote parking (not free), in Lahaina:

http://www.spotlighthawaii.com/spotlightPDF/WebMap/Maui/MauiGold-LahainaTown-web.pdf

In general:

Maps: http://www.spotlighthawaii.com/maps/mauiMaps.asp

We had a similiar situation when we were on the Infinity some years ago. There is a parking lot behind the Burger King. Although crowded, we were able to find a decent spot. You paid (at that time) $10 to park overnight into a vending machine. You get a ticket, and leave it on the dashboard where it can be seen.

From the landing, go straight back about 2-3 blocks.

Not much (if any) free parking on Lahaina, you may snag a spot on the street, but, they take their traffic ordinances seriously

Lahaina is fairly small, traffic is usually pretty congested and on street parking is difficult to find. As "fendbass" said your best bet is one of the parking lots located a couple of blocks from the waterfront.:)

• 2 weeks later...

priya08 - It appears that we are in the exact same situation as yours. I'm on that same cruise (Rhapsody of the Seas April 27 2010) and am trying to park the car for a couple hours at the dock after an evening luau (day 1) but before leaving to hike the crater early in the morning (think 2-3am) of day 2.

I guess we'll have to budget time to 'find' parking, at a lot or otherwise. Let me know if your itinerary looks similar, we can compare notes.

priya08 - It appears that we are in the exact same situation as yours. I'm on that same cruise (Rhapsody of the Seas April 27 2010) and am trying to park the car for a couple hours at the dock after an evening luau (day 1) but before leaving to hike the crater early in the morning (think 2-3am) of day 2.

I guess we'll have to budget time to 'find' parking, at a lot or otherwise. Let me know if your itinerary looks similar, we can compare notes.

Hello d0hboy, unfortunately ours is other way round. We are doing road to Hana the first day and doing Old Lahaina Luau the second. So we will have to park overnight after coming back from RTH. My husband and myself debated doing the crater to see the sunrise but since we will be on vacation, opted out (I am not a morning person!). Anyhow, it seems like parking will be hassle there but atleast we are prepared.

On a separate note, did you book any shore excursion in Kona?

Hello d0hboy, unfortunately ours is other way round. We are doing road to Hana the first day and doing Old Lahaina Luau the second. So we will have to park overnight after coming back from RTH. My husband and myself debated doing the crater to see the sunrise but since we will be on vacation, opted out (I am not a morning person!). Anyhow, it seems like parking will be hassle there but at least we are prepared.

On a separate note, did you book any shore excursion in Kona?

Good call -- we only chose to compact our schedule was to keep the car rental to 1 day (pickup asap day 1, drop it off the beginning of day 2).

re: Kona shore excursion, we haven't even gotten to that stage yet!! My early thoughts are to check out the kona plantation but nothing else. Would rather not pollute the original thread but I'll pick it up with you on the Rhapsody of the Seas roll call one =] .

Archived