Cab back from OLL?

priya08

Hello, we are taking a Hawaii cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas on April 27th. The ship will be tendered for 2 days in Lahaina, Maui. We are planning to rent a car and do RTH on the first day and OLL on the second. I have a couple of questions:

1) Our ship leaves at 11pm. Is it a wise idea to do OLL before that and get back to the ship on time. Remembering that the ship pier is at Lahaina and it is a tender.

2) Is it easy to get a cab back from there to the ship? (We have to drop off the car at 4:30, so planning to take a cab from there)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Hello, we are taking a Hawaii cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas on April 27th. The ship will be tendered for 2 days in Lahaina, Maui. We are planning to rent a car and do RTH on the first day and OLL on the second. I have a couple of questions:

1) Our ship leaves at 11pm. Is it a wise idea to do OLL before that and get back to the ship on time. Remembering that the ship pier is at Lahaina and it is a tender.

2) Is it easy to get a cab back from there to the ship? (We have to drop off the car at 4:30, so planning to take a cab from there)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

1. Since OLL is supposed to end at 8:30 pm and you are docked in Lahaina, I don't think you should have problem getting back on the ship by 10:30 pm even if there is a tender. Worse case scenario, leave early if the luau runs REALLY late.

2. Not sure if taxis are readily available at OLL but you can always call one to get you:

Yellow Cab of Maui: 808-877-7000

There is taxi service in Lahaina. When we went to OLL, there were several taxis waiting after the show. We got a minivan, shared it with two other couples.

The OLL is only a little more than a mile from the tender point, about a 5-10 minute taxi ride, and, if necessary, it can be walked. I wouldn't want to walk aftere 'sampling' the MaiTais at the open bar

We are booked for luau at the Hyatt Regency in Lahaina, will a taxi be hard to get for that ride and will it be expensive? We don't know Hawaii at all and rarely use taxi's, new experience.

The Hyatt Regency is at Ka'anapali, not Lahaina. It's about 4-5 miles from Lahaina. I would check with the concierge at the Hyatt about transportation back to Lahaina. you can either get a taxi or - perhaps - the local shuttle.

Just to make sure - are you on a ship tendering at Lahaina, or docked at Kahului? HUGE difference in convenience to Ka'anapali.

Archived