Oosterdam corner Suite

smoosh21

thanks for those pics of your cabin. tried saving them to pc but cannot so onlyt buy them. still not sure how big they aee or how big the balcny is or how privatew theyu are.havew booked 4180 on lower prom deck on oosterdam 4th may what do you think

david

On the Maiden voyage of the "Z" we had the ' 85 "S" on the deck with the Neptune lounge. DH liked being near the coffee and goodies. Our daughter and her husband had an aft deck "S" on 5 or 6. (It's been a while). They loved the privacy and I liked the fact that their bed was parallel to the balcony doors. In ours we had a window and the lounge area was parallel to the balcony doors. (We were three so the layout was better for us.) The kids (not really) are now hooked on sailing and the Z is the standard to which all others are compared.

One caution that is probably no longer noteworthy. They had to emphasize to the steward that there was no charge for laundry etc. because of the off 8th deck location. As soon as we mentioned our room, it was immediately recognized as concierge and yes, we did enjoy that. However, at this point, I am willing to take almost anything just for the fun of sailing. Just did skyauction for the Opera, leaving next Saturday. Oh yes, our daughter and her DH will be on it too.

Blessings,

Gail

Send me a list with your E-mail addy and I will send them to you.

thanks for those pics of your cabin. tried saving them to pc but cannot so onlyt buy them. still not sure how big they aee or how big the balcny is or how privatew theyu are.havew booked 4180 on lower prom deck on oosterdam 4th may what do you think

david

Peggy, we will also be in 5187 the next time we are on the Oosterdam which will be October 8, 2005 This will be our first time doing the Aft, my only concern will be how much more motion there will be. I have been told it really is not that bad. We shall see:confused:

We noticed much more vibration on the aft portion of all decks (well, all the ones we could get to). There was absolutely none in our mid-ship cabin (6097) but considerable in the lower DR aft. Well, "considerable" being a relative term. It was noticeable but far from the worst we've ever experienced (when the water in your glass at dinner never quite settles down).

Still, it's a long walk to the Neptune from back there - and the coffee is soooo good........

-dave :)

Anxiously awaiting your trip report on the Oosterdam....... can you give us something?????

I'm trying to get organized, Amy, really I am. But I sat in the dining room for an hour this morning - and no one took my breakfast order. Didn't bring me coffee or anything. Life back on land really sucks, you know?:)

Now DW tells me we have to go into port (and use the tender, even) to gather provisions! I just want to take my laptop up to the Crow's Nest and compose the O'Dam Diary. Still, she just wants to "edit" her pictures from the cruise. Edit, that means stare at hem for hours while sighing....

:) -dave

Peggy, we will also be in 5187 the next time we are on the Oosterdam which will be October 8, 2005 This will be our first time doing the Aft, my only concern will be how much more motion there will be. I have been told it really is not that bad. We shall see:confused:

Funny, we're in 5187 on Zuiderdam for the October 8, 2005 sailing. We were in 5186 last April and didnt notice any more motion, noise or vibration in the suite than anywhere else on board. I did notice some propulsion noise the first night out, but never after that. I think they had the speed cranked up that first night out.

If you enjoy a large sunny veranda, your going to love the suite.

Tim

Funny, we're in 5187 on Zuiderdam for the October 8, 2005 sailing. We were in 5186 last April and didnt notice any more motion, noise or vibration in the suite than anywhere else on board. I did notice some propulsion noise the first night out, but never after that. I think they had the speed cranked up that first night out.

If you enjoy a large sunny veranda, your going to love the suite.

Tim

Thanks Tim, that is funny that we will both be in a Vista class 5187 the same week just different coasts. We do like a Sunny Veranda, we have friend that are cruising with us that will be in the Aft Suite just below us, we thought that would be fun.

Archived