Upgrade from minisuite ??

KevinsCruising

Hi, Booked on NCL Jewel in a MiniSuite guarantee. Has anyone ever been upgraded from anything higher then a MiniSuite and if so, what catagory?

Thanks

My friends were upgraded to an AC from a mini on the Gem in 2008. Boy was I jealous!!!

Hi, Booked on NCL Jewel in a MiniSuite guarantee. Has anyone ever been upgraded from anything higher then a MiniSuite and if so, what catagory?

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

I was upsold (received a call from NCL offering me a suite for a discounted price) a few years ago from a minisuite to an AB penthouse. the upsell is usually done a few weeks (maybe days) before the cruise actually departs. Some people have had luck calling the upsell dept and speaking with them directly, however I do not know that number.

This year I got an AB on the 11th floor of the Jewel and upgraded (paid the full difference) to an AB on the Courtyard level

Hope, that helps, when are you traveling?

How much extra would one expect to pay for an upsell say from a mini suite to a penthouse ???

Thanks for the help,

It depends on the going price that day. From what I have heard and not from personal experience (the upsell fairy does not know where Vermont is) ...the general rule is 50% of the currently published rate. For example if you paid 2000 for a mini suite for two and a higher category is currently 4,000 for two, then a good upsell deal to that category would be 1,000 difference or 500 each or LESS. Keep in mind this is only what I have read over the years on various boards.

coka

Yea.... I know there is a big difference in cost from mini suite to penthouse.... but the highest we have ever been is a balcony. This is our first mini suite. Hopefully there will be enough room for my wife, 17 yr son, 6 yr old granddaughter and myself.

Thanks for all the replys

Yea.... I know there is a big difference in cost from mini suite to penthouse.... but the highest we have ever been is a balcony. This is our first mini suite. Hopefully there will be enough room for my wife, 17 yr son, 6 yr old granddaughter and myself.

FYI - unless it is one of the mini's that have the pull down bunk, the two kids will have to share a small pull out sofa. ???

The number traveling will further lessen the options as only the AB, A4, A3, and A1 I believe can accommodate more than 2 persons.

Hopefully there will be enough room for my wife, 17 yr son, 6 yr old granddaughter and myself.

:eek: REALLY:eek:

Like Gary says check your room configuration for beds and then it will still be tight. Our kids are now 17 and 12 and a mini-suite would drive us crazy.

I am on the Jewel cruise leaving sunday. I booked a suite garauntee and received an assignment of a minisuite 11500. I just found out they upgraded me for free to a AE on deck 9 for free, so it happens. I cannot beleive it.

April

I am on the Jewel cruise leaving sunday. I booked a suite garauntee and received an assignment of a minisuite 11500. I just found out they upgraded me for free to a AE on deck 9 for free, so it happens. I cannot beleive it.

April

Wow - wow and triple wow. You really made out.

Must warn you, it will be difficult to sail in anything less that a real suite next time!

It is a handicap suite, so tad worried but truelly do not think it will matter. I am ecstatic.

April

PS

Gagneys for lunch and dinner, but can i request dinner served in my room from any of specialty restaraunts in AE. That was something i really wanted to do for my DH.

$400 pp or per cabin ?

Total for the cabin. We went from a mini suite to an AB Penthouse both on deck 11. It's a great deal for us since we were 4 people in the mini suite, which I know would have been kinda tight. All the fares have dropped and there are still a lot of open cabins.

OP.. I will keep my fingers crossed for you for an upgrade, but as others have said it is rare. I do think it will be "tight" having the four of you in a mini, but on the other hand your balcony is there to make up some of the space. It will probably only seem "tight" at night when the sofa bed thingie is pulled out. I just want to make sure you are not having any hesitations about enjoying your upcoming cruise. I really believe you are going to LOVE having your mini suite and you will LOVE your cruise. 8-)

PLEASE come back here and tell us all about it... ok?

I will enjoy my cruise no matter what cabin I have. The mini is definately a plus for us already so I have nothing to be disappointed in. I am use to being in a regular balcony so if the mini suite is bigger then I am already happy. :)

Thanks for everyones imput. Can always count on you guys !

:D

Archived