10:45 am Flight from FLL

BcIcemen

CCL has a recommended flight time of 11:30 or after..now thats if you take there transfer...

If you do early debark and carry your own luggage off you should be pretty good..it wld be cutting it close with all things considered, but try to be first in line.

Does your ship get in at 8am or 9am?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/ftlauderdale.aspx

I looked at my own Itin and we get in at 8..so i assume you do to...you should be good.

I am having the same problem deciding on the Baltimore question. But I guess it is the same answer we have gotten to the airport at 9:00 before and waited for 3 hours and have barely made it for 11:30. Book something you could make a change with and hope you can change to earlier.

Thoughts on this flight being to early or not

What day do you disembark? On a weekend it may be too early, especially if the Oasis is in the same day - you will likely be at the airport in plenty of time but it will be a zoo. If it is a weekday - you should make it. We flew out at 11:15am and were at the airport by 8:30 but that was on a Tuesday.

It can be done but every thing has to go perfectly, you get off the ship first, on traffic and there isn't a lot of cruise ships in port that day with seven thousand others doing some thing. The worst thing that can happen is you miss your flight and have to get an other flight. Good luck.

I'd never do a flight that early, especially if it's on a weekend (especially Sunday) with several ships unloading thousands of passengers at the same time who are all wanting to fly home on the same day. The reason that 10:45 am flight is cheaper is because it's very risky trying to make it, and most people will pay more for a more secure later flight. If you miss it, trying to change to a later flight (especially if you have several members in your party), your chances are slim, because those planes will be filled with those SAME people who paid more for a later flight. I've seen this happen several times, both in MIA and FLL.

In a perfect world, that would be ok, but ships are not always "on time". We were on the Carnival Miracle in January when the Captain had a little "accident" and hit the pier in St. Kitts. Delayed our arrival back to Ft. Lauderdale. by a couple of hours. The terminal was a zoo when we disembarked.

Personally, I wouldn't take the chance. We always allow for extra time. Why be rushed after a great cruise?

We had a 11:45 flight changed to 10:30. They want to charge us to try to get a later flight. We are in a Suite so we should be able to pull off an early disemark so we will probably go with it. We are very familiar with a FLL disembark since we have done it several times so we will hope the ship arrives on time. We get back on a Friday. Thoughts?

Jerry

:)take a later flight,,enjoy a breakfast on board and relax,,you dont want to remember your cruise with a memory of rushing to an airport with 1000's of other cruisers ...and remember the TSA at the airport, You never know what procedures will be in place at the airport when you cruise..

Archived