Vigo to Samil Beach

Smithford

Have been to Vigo several times before - but have never ventured any further than a walk around town / shops, as none of the tours have anything to interest us. On our forthcoming cruise we are planning to visit Samil beach, I know that you can get a bus there, but where do we pick this up from, how often do they run etc and is there anything at Samil other than the beach - ie is it a small resort ?

We didn't to Samil the day we were there (it was too cold) but I think I've located the info. When you leave the port and go uphill you see the mermaid statue (Puerta Del Sol). You've probably seen it on your previous trips. Along there is a major street. Buses C3 and C15 should take you to Samil but you have to ask where the stops are.

Use this link http://www.vitrasa.es/php/index.php?pag=lineas/informacion-detallada to download the map (Mapa Metropolitano 09) with bus routes on it. Zoom in and you'll see C3 and C15. Port is Porto De Transatlanticos. Also see http://www.vitrasa.es/php/index.php?pag=lineas/especiales-playas

• 5 months later...

Wish I would have known this before we booked the beach excursion to Samil... the sand is lovely , soft and white. The area is beautiful. However... the water in July was ICE COLD! It is the Atlantic Ocean.

The locals beach walk. No one was swimming.

Hope this helps someone.

Archived