Another Brilliance cabin question..

Ok cruisers - I need your help again (someday I'll get those 20 cruises under my belt!).

We're thinking of the Brilliance Med. cruise in June '05. We're debating between 7660 or one of the deck 7 aft cabins. Can anybody help resolve the debate?

Thanks so much.
Sue and Steve
Ottawa, Canada

Sue and Steve,

I just booked a "hump" cabin on the Brillance Med cruise for October, 2005. I can't speak from experience, but I think the hump is good for being in the middle of things. Less walking to get around on the ship. The aft cabins are good for seeing the ports as you leave (at least that's the way I understand it). I booked the hump because my husband wanted to be in the middle. I guess it's a matter of preference.

Donna
BTW, I love Ottawa. Great city.

Never had a [I]hump[/I] cabin, but we did have our first aft cabin (7676) on the Serenade and dearly loved it. We've had only balcony cabins on all our cruises, and that one was the best. Lots of space and we were able to look to both side as well as behind us. Looking at the wake sparkling in the moonlight is awesome. We liked it enough that we got another aft cabin for our upcoming Brilliance cruise. It's true that you'll have a good hike from the cabin to the elevators, but that helps walk off some of the extra meals. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Brilliance, Panama Canal, in just  [img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<marquee>JUST CRUISING........................................................................the way life was meant to be lived</marquee>

Nordic Empress `95
Granduer `97
EOS `00
VOS `01
AOS X2 `02
Serenade `03

Thank Cruiseman! Elevator walk seems to be minor inconvenience vs moonlight wake. Although 4" heel night might be an issue (um... that would be for Sue rather than Steve). I wonder if hubby can still carry me home?

The hallways have railings...just hang on and go for it. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Brilliance, Panama Canal, in just  [img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<marquee>JUST CRUISING........................................................................the way life was meant to be lived</marquee>

Nordic Empress `95
Granduer `97
EOS `00
VOS `01
AOS X2 `02
Serenade `03

I forgot to mention, we had a deck chair, a table, plus two regular chairs, and still room to move around.

Nordic Empress `95
Granduer `97
EOS `00
VOS `01
AOS X2 `02
Serenade `03

I just checked the Serenade deck plans to be sure - that's definitely the same cabin as we're holding (it's only been booked for an hour and I'm already excited about going).

Thanks so much Cruiseman.

stimpy, your welcome. You guys have a great cruise. Now go to the roll call board and see if you can find others on the same cruise. Make some contacts before you sail, and meet new friends on the ship.

Nordic Empress `95
Granduer `97
EOS `00
VOS `01
AOS X2 `02
Serenade `03

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info Cruiseman_tx. We have 7676 on the 01/03/05 Brilliance cruise and it doesn't appear from the deck plan layouts I've seen that there are any superstructure or wraparound beams like on the Adventure of the Seas or Explorer to somewhat block the view. Was there anything on the Serenade like that?

John

I am booked in a hump cabin on Brilliance, June 17th. After our first Crown and Anchor sailing earlier this month, we are totally hooked!

And we will be Diamond Plus by then, which is their newest level and sounds really great!

Maybe we'll see you there.

CG

That is a great place to see everything. There is no liveboat overhang under your balcony so you can see straight down to the water. Plus, you can see the front and the back of the ship.
No other cabin can see onto your balcony either which is nice.
I forgot to say on the Brilliance.

• 3 weeks later...
What cabin? I'm booked in 7602 on the 8/18/04 cruise. I can give you a report when I get back if you want. Just give me your email address.

[quote name='mert461']I just booked a "hump" cabin on the Brillance Med cruise for October, 2005. [/QUOTE]

Archived