Email addresses for customer service or escalation

Hi,

Does anyone have an email address for someone higher up at escalations or customer service at Royal Caribbean. I know I can send an email through the website but was hoping to get someone other than a customer service rep.

I am a loyal customer and just have a small complain/recommendation to make to them.

I had booked an Family Interior Stateroom guarantee (300 sq ft) but just found out what my assigned cabin was. Since they no longer had any FIs, I was "upgraded" to the smallest oceanview cabin. I guess they consider getting a window an upgrade to losing half the space in my cabin. Both my agent and myself thought we would be upgraded to an Oceanview Family stateroom. I guess that's our fault for not asking but just wanted to write an email to them anyway. We ended up just going back to a normal inside cabin and getting some money back but still ended up paying more than friends we are going with who booked the inside initially. I find it odd that they would upgrade us to a room that costs less than what we paid.

Anyway, all that to say that I'm sure we'll still have a great time but just wanted to send them an email with our opinion on their "upgrade".

Thanks,

Lynn

Why don't you have your travel agent call customer service; and have them speak to a supervisor; everyone in the company has a supervisor who can make those decisions; also if you are still outside the window (60 days or more); just cancel your reservations and rebook the same ship; this time try and get the better room; if you are less than sixty days, you may not be able to change; but first I would have your travel agent fight for you; that is one of the reasons people use travel agents; they get paid by the cruise company, so they should be able to work some sort of deal.

Cheers

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I don't think there is any such thing as a "Family Interior Stateroom" guarantee.

There is: inside, ocean view, balcony guarantee

Sounds as if your travel agent didn't explain or doesn't understand how the program works - it's just luck of the draw...no preference on size or location.

If you want a specific size cabin, or a family cabin, you must choose a cabin number to book.

There is an Interior Stateroom Guarantee, but I've been unable to find anything about an Interior Family Guarantee. It seems like there would be a limited number of the interior family staterooms to begin with so there wouldn't be a guarantee on them. :confused:

Hi,

I had booked an Family Interior Stateroom guarantee (300 sq ft) but just found out what my assigned cabin was. Since they no longer had any FIs, I was "upgraded" to the smallest oceanview cabin. I guess they consider getting a window an upgrade to losing half the space in my cabin. Both my agent and myself thought we would be upgraded to an Oceanview Family stateroom. I guess that's our fault for not asking but just wanted to write an email to them anyway. We ended up just going back to a normal inside cabin and getting some money back but still ended up paying more than friends we are going with who booked the inside initially. I find it odd that they would upgrade us to a room that costs less than what we paid.

Anyway, all that to say that I'm sure we'll still have a great time but just wanted to send them an email with our opinion on their "upgrade".

Thanks,

Lynn

On the Freedom class ships there are Family Interior Staterooms (Cat FI) and Oceanview Family Staterooms (Cat FO)...and in between these two categories are three Oceanview categories (I, H and F). If you booked a Cat FI guarantee, then you could receive an upgrade to a Cat I, H, F, or higher. It is odd that a guarantee would be offered on a Family Stateroom that accommodates up to six people, but it appears that that is what you booked. The I, H, and F categories wouldn't be able to accommodate more than four passengers, and I'm assuming you likely booked a family of four in the Family Interior Stateroom. :confused: I'm sorry this happened to you and the confusion it caused, but your TA should have realized the chance of you being assigned a regular Oceanview Stateroom.

The cruise lines (and every other company) are inundated with email because it is so easy to send. The fact of the matter is that most don't get read by a human or if they do you will get a canned response back.

It has been my experience that if you want any type of real action from your letter (to any company) it is best to mail a hard copy via snail mail. That conveys that you took the time to compose and send the letter and that you are serious in your concern.

But in this case, I have to agree with the other posters and sending a letter won't do much good besides letting you blow off a little steam which can be therapeutic.

Thanks.

There was a guarantee on the Family Interior stateroom, but only for about a day which is when I booked it. Maybe they realized their error and took it off. jmf123 is exactly right in the description of the situation.

We are fine and excited about heading out on our cruise regardless of our cabin, I just wanted to send them an email (not nasty, just informative) letting them know they should rethink offering Interior Family Staterooms guarantees.

I have talked to my agent and she had already called them and spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere, so we just took some money back and went to an interior cabin.

I sent an email to the customer service address (I know I won't get far) and also to Crown and Anchor. I've said my piece and I'm happy now!

Looking forward to our trip, less than 4 weeks left!

Lynn

Archived