PADI OW Certification Dives

jmps

My family is going on the March 25th Horizon sailing. I am taking OW PADI lessons in the coming weeks. I need to split my OW cert. dives between Grand Cayman and Roatan. I am planning on using Eden Rock Dive Center in G. Cayman for the one and two. Does anyone have experience with them for this purpose? This works for us because my family can snorkel at the beach.

I then plan three and four using a West End Roatan operator. We are using "Salt and Pepper" to get over to the Paradise Lost resort for snorkeling and lunch. Should I book thru them or does someone have a better recommendation in West End.

Thanks!

JMPs...another cruiser and I did our OW 3&4 with www.suendodelmar.com

in the West End last month...Ray Lopez is probably the only dive owner who

picks you up and returns you to the cruise dock..his dive master, Jeff

was outstanding..made sure we got something to eat..exceptional teacher and

great sense of humor...put sueno del mar in this thread search and in the Roatan

excursion thread search...you will only get positive comments...they run

a truly dive friendly operation...and I give them my strongest recommendation

for OW dives...just got my C Card last week..and now have ten dives planned

in Bora Bora, Moorea, and Raiatea Tahiti the first two weeks of March...Who ever you choose have a blast and congrats on your new dive adventure! r/wes

Thanks for the info everyone. I will check out the recommended West End ops. I did book my Eden Rock dives. They say I can do three dives with them. I guess we will see how I feel that day. Two for sure.

• 2 months later...

Colonel Wes,

Thanks for the recommendation. My family and I went out together and I did my two dives while they snorkeled. It was just our family and it was really nice. The instructor was Dave and he was very good. We did a few skills then spent the rest of the time touring around the reef. It is so great that the reef is soooo close in. I would recommend Sueno Del Mar as well.

We ate at Ray's above the dive shop and the food was good and the beer was cold.

We ate at Ray's above the dive shop and the food was good and the beer was cold.
After the dive, it doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. Actual feedback after a trip is valuable information.

Archived