Favorite Shore Excursion HAL?

Looking for opinions!!! What has been your favorite excursion or tour or "must do's" at the following HAL port of calls? We are first timers and looking for advice.

:)

Rome, Italy

Naples, Italy

Catania, Italy

Valletta, Malta

Cadiz, Spain

Cartagena, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

Vigo, Spain

Paris, France

Copenhagen, Denmark

One of my favourite excursions was when we docked in Vigo on the old Noordam in September, 2003. Another couple and my DH and I took a taxi to Santiago de Compostela. It is one of the most sacred places for pilgrims in the world. It is a beautiful city with a huge Basilica and it is a University town so there were lots of students. After seeing the Cathedral and its precincts we wandered around the town. It was a delightful few hours.

We arranged for the taxi driver to return at a certain time and we paid him when we returned to the ship via a lovely lookout in Vigo. I think it cost each couple around $70 Euros.

Another memorable day was when we docked at Le Havre. We have been to Paris a number of times so shared a taxi with another couple and went to Honfleur for the day. Again we arranged for the taxi to return at a certain time and paid him when we arrived back at the ship. Honfleur is a lovely town and has some great restaurants, art galleries etc.

Jennie

Archived