What to do............help!?!?!

Jaymee287

We are going on our first cruise in June......we just cancelled our excursion we had booked because we're concerned about the safety in Belize. We are 22, 22, and 21 all girls and we've just heard various things and such. We would like to do a beach day. If you have any ideas please toss them our way!

We are going on our first cruise in June......we just cancelled our excursion we had booked because we're concerned about the safety in Belize. We are 22, 22, and 21 all girls and we've just heard various things and such. We would like to do a beach day. If you have any ideas please toss them our way!

Go to Bannister Island. We just got back from a cruise that stopped in Belize. You can book through Eco Tours.

Have you checked in to Bannister Island. There are a few tour groups that take you there. We are using Coral Breeze and going snorkeling too. The bad part is, with our ship schedule (Carnival Miracle) you only get a couple of hours at the beach.

Rick

We just went to Bannister Beach a few weeks ago on the NCL Spirit, the tender to the Beach picks you up at the ship around 8:30 AM and you stay until 2:00 PM Belize time. The beach itself isn't that pretty, but it is ok and safe. The excursion included chairs, free rum or rum free punch, free use of kayaks, blue foam floats, and the water trampoline. The beach did have someone doing facials for 20.00 and massages for 1.00 per minute, also hairbraiding. There is a bar and you can order food (nothing special). The thing about Belize is you almost have to do an excursion, or a tour of some sort to be safe.

Just curious, which excursion had you booked that you had safety concerns about?

We just went to Bannister Beach a few weeks ago on the NCL Spirit, the tender to the Beach picks you up at the ship around 8:30 AM and you stay until 2:00 PM Belize time. The beach itself isn't that pretty, but it is ok and safe. The excursion included chairs, free rum or rum free punch, free use of kayaks, blue foam floats, and the water trampoline. The beach did have someone doing facials for 20.00 and massages for 1.00 per minute, also hairbraiding. There is a bar and you can order food (nothing special). The thing about Belize is you almost have to do an excursion, or a tour of some sort to be safe.

Who did you book with?

It wasn't the tour we were worried about. It was just safety in genral I have a relative just got back a month or so ago and she said it was just kind of creepy, with their guns and such near and around the port. Also our itinerary just flipped days so we'll now go to Belize then Roatan. I believe now we are just going to do Bannister Island through Coral Breeze Tours, they pick you up in the "tourist" villiage and you hop on the boat and off you go! We think it's a better choice than our cave hiking/jungle tour expedition!

There are soldiers and police around th eMayan ruins. And police in Belize City and at the Tourist Village. Guess your relative got spooked. But I haven't heard of any cruisers or tourists having any safety problems. There are some aggressive vendors just outside the Tourist Village entrance, but no where near as aggressive as in Jamaica. And once you're past them (two blocks tops) you're not bothered.

Most foreign countries your going to go into on a cruise you will see police and military with assualt rifles....thats typical. If that spokes you then your not wanting to go into Belize or Roatan or even Mexico. I thought the cave tubing and rainforest hike was very safe. I never felt like i had to look over my shoulder.

My DH and I were just at Bannister Island last Wednesday, and had 4 teenage girls with us 17&18yo. I must say, that no one in our party was particularly impressed with the day. It wasn't horrible, but I definitely wouldn't go back. The swim area is kind of a lame roped off section - no waves. The food was very expensive, so we did not eat there. It was $10 for a hamburger, $12 with cheese. The bottled beer wasn't bad at $4. I just thought the water was uninteresting - not much to see with the snorkel. The next morning we had breakfast with a couple who did the ship tour to Jaguar Paw for 8 zip-lines. They said it was absolutely awesome, and we were regretful we let the teenagers talk us into a 'beach day'!! Good luck with whatever you decide.

yup there is nothing better (IMHO) then doing the cave tubing in Belize. Words cant describe how fun and interesting it is. Plenty of other ports you can do a beach day and not many places in the world where you can go cave tubing...especially in such a beautiful place

Archived