One day coastal cruises

robgvic

I am 3 cruises short of Elite status so am taking 1 cruise Vancouver to Seattle on the Golden alone and then busing back to Vancouver and then getting on the Sapphire and doing it all again, this time sharing. For about $400 I will now be Elite so I am very happy. If you are getting close to either Platinum or Elite4 this is something t consider.

I am 3 cruises short of Elite status so am taking 1 cruise Vancouver to Seattle on the Golden alone and then busing back to Vancouver and then getting on the Sapphire and doing it all again, this time sharing. For about $400 I will now be Elite so I am very happy. If you are getting close to either Platinum or Elite4 this is something t consider.

what are the dates?

You should be fine. It will just be a long day. Are you taking the Amtrak bus or QuickShuttle?

thinking of teh Princess transfer which I think might be Quick Shuttle. After teh Sapphire we may take the night train back but will see. What experience have you had

I prefer Quick Shuttle but the train is always nicer than the bus. It just depends if you have a plan for the day until the train leaves. Usually we are just tired and the bus works fine.

Pack light as possible and bring some reading material.

The Princess transfers are operated by Grey Line of Seattle buses, and depart from just adjacent to the QuickShuttle. Amusingly, our experience doing this a couple of times last year is that the Princess-contracted buses had a much smoother go at Customs - onboard document checks rather than having to disembark at the border.

The train is a fantastic option too - there are big baggage lockers out by the bus station part of the train terminal, or you can check regular pullmans with the Via Rail desk for a few dollars each.

Why not just do one cruise solo in a suite - thyat will get you the 3 cruise credits you need for elite!! Then you don't need to worry about the transfer back to YVR or the second cruise!

Why not just do one cruise solo in a suite - thyat will get you the 3 cruise credits you need for elite!! Then you don't need to worry about the transfer back to YVR or the second cruise!

The reason is $$$$:

An inside cabin for a one night is $69pp, balcony $99pp and a full suite is $499pp.

robgvic is doing it the right way.

$499 is a small price to pay for the benefits of gaining Elite membership...

?????? That's a high price. :eek: You can buy lots of internet time, room bar drinks and laundry for that amount of money.

Plus... you need to add in all the "incidentals", taxi fares, tips, etc....... beyond just the fares. ;)

........For about $400 I will now be Elite so I am very happy. If you are getting close to either Platinum or Elite4 this is something t consider.

So does the $400 really consider all the expenses... parking, tips, cab fares, bus fares, .... ?????

I would think even at $400 it is not a "good deal". If you are three short (meaning you must already be platinium) all you are getting is the bar and laundry. You can get lots of drinks and laundry for that amount... especially on 7 or 10 day cruises.

If you are planning a world cruise.... then a 100 days of laundry may be worth it.

But, if you are up to .... go "game" the system. :rolleyes:

Archived