45 min layover in Memphis...doable?

MamaParrotHead

Just wondering how busy and easy-to-get-around Memphis airport is. Anyone have any opinions on how realistic a 45 minute lay over is?

MEM is a compact little hub and easy to get around. Go to the DL website and get the layout in your head, so you know how the concourses are laid out. I would have only one concern about a 45 minute connect at MEM....I might not have enough time to get BBQ at Interstate. Really good food - and it will make the folks around you on the plane quite jealous.

Airport website map HERE.

FT- so you think a 45 minute layover isn't a problem? It's on the return flight, so technically, even if the luggage didn't make it, it's no huge deal. The airport would deliver it to our house whenever it came in and we could carry on anything that we couldn't live 24 hours without.

If I had a choice of 45 minutes at MEM or 90 minutes at ATL, I would be more confident of my connection at MEM.

As always, no guarantees on anything but death and taxes, but I'd book this without looking back. Nothing is foolproof and everything can go pear shaped with mechanicals and weather, but it's not one to worry over.

Are you looking at the same flight as I am? LOL I so want to book a Delta flight with that 45 min layover in MEM (really good price too $294 pp), but like you I was terrified that we'd miss our flight (figured we'd be delayed out of MIA...looking at noon out of MIA and that scared me too, getting to the airport on time from the ship) and I'm still sitting on it.

Are you heading back to MLI or DBQ?

Ah, MLI. Remember flying in/out of there on MVA - Mississippi Valley Airlines. The service on the Shorts 330 was pretty good, with more room than on today's CRJs. Especially headroom. Then they merged with Air Wisconsin, the 330s were gone and here we are today.....

We fly in/out of MLI...DBQ airport is too unreliable and shuts down at the drop of a hat! Got ours for $273, I'm happy with that.

We're smack in the middle between MLI and DBQ. We have yet to get to DBQ...MLI is a great little airport.

Ah, MLI. Remember flying in/out of there on MVA - Mississippi Valley Airlines. The service on the Shorts 330 was pretty good, with more room than on today's CRJs. Especially headroom. Then they merged with Air Wisconsin, the 330s were gone and here we are today.....

Wow, is there any airport out there that you haven't been through? :D Your expertise and experience amazes me!

DBQ is decent, but airfare is outrageous to just drive a bit over an hour and be at MLI and pay 1/2 of what it is out of DBQ. And the problem is, when DBQ cancels, you're either S.O.L. OR they BUS you to Chicago. BLECH. Would only fly through here spring-fall when there's no chance of snow at all.

MLI is nice. We do park and fly often at the LaQuinta near the airport (for about the same $$ as it costs to just park at the airport). This time DH will have to work probably atleast half that Friday, so we'll be using their parking facilities. We really like MLI, and haven't had a problem with Delta (KNOCK ON WOOD) since we started cruising and using them to get to FL.

Are you looking at the same flight as I am? LOL I so want to book a Delta flight with that 45 min layover in MEM (really good price too $294 pp), but like you I was terrified that we'd miss our flight (figured we'd be delayed out of MIA...looking at noon out of MIA and that scared me too, getting to the airport on time from the ship) and I'm still sitting on it.

Are you heading back to MLI or DBQ?

By the way, noon (well, that flight was 12:20) was a piece of CAKE at MIA. We used the Luggage Express option and were at the airport by 10:00. No security lines, the place was a GHOST TOWN. It was awesome. When we flew in to catch the cruise (the day before) it was around that time and it was quiet as well.

By the way, noon (well, that flight was 12:20) was a piece of CAKE at MIA. We used the Luggage Express option and were at the airport by 10:00. No security lines, the place was a GHOST TOWN. It was awesome. When we flew in to catch the cruise (the day before) it was around that time and it was quiet as well.

Good to know! I've never done a flight before 2pm off a cruise before. I'll definitely expand my time options.

Dummy me, I didn't book that flight last night (DH had the card with him) and now it's up to $432 pp. It looks like the price on it has dropped back on Fridays twice now....might wait for next Friday and hope!

Archived