Which boat for 2 1/2 year old?

aliwnec10

I'm looking to take a cruise in october with my husband and our son who will be 2 1/2 at the time. We want to stick with Carnival for their camp program (which starts at age 2). We thought about taking the 5 night Eastern cruise because we liked the itinerary (turks & caicos, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau).

However the reviews on the Carnival Destiny are pretty bad.

Anyone have any good experience with that ship?

Can anything recommend a really good Carnival boat? My husband really isn't into going to Cozumel, which narrows it down quite a bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is a several page thread where this same question was asked, who had good experiences with Destiny and quite a few have been on it over and over and over again and enjoyed it.

It has gone into dry dock to fix the engine problems so that should be fixed.

Dream is new and alternates iternaries if you want a newest class ship/newer, latest bells and whistles, Dream is the most recent class.

Which ports are convient to you? I would go by that.

Wait 6 months and then do Disney...expensive..but the time is right....and maybe you will even do it one more time as well. We outgrew DCL after 1 cruise and now do Carnival..as it is better for older kids...and DCL is not so good for older kids..the pools are horrible as is the slide...so I say do DCL once or twice.

BTW, DCL is great for adults and if you will leave the baby iin the paid babysitting service you will absolutely adore the amenities of the line. It is too bad that DCL isn't so great for 10 to 18yo's...maybe the new ships will be better...but of course way too expensive.

Well we'd be leaving out of Florida (flying to florida).

We are actually doing disney next month with some friends and their 2 year old. We have credits for flights to use before december and we'd really like to do a cruise (before we try for #2).

Whats wrong with Cozumel?! Love it there. I recommend a Fantasy class ship, not sure if the Destiny has the water works area for toddlers. But if you have your heart set on Destiny, keep your mind open, just out of drydock you may be seeing some better reviews.

Read the Disney babysitting fine print carefully - 2 year olds are too young for the 'kid club' and you're limited to something like 10 hours of babysitting for the cruise, and even that is on a space-available basis. IMO Carnival is hands-down the best line for a two-year-old. Just do the homework so you know what you're getting.

Read the Disney babysitting fine print carefully - 2 year olds are too young for the 'kid club' and you're limited to something like 10 hours of babysitting for the cruise, and even that is on a space-available basis. IMO Carnival is hands-down the best line for a two-year-old. Just do the homework so you know what you're getting.

That is why I said wait 6 months and then do Disney.

I was on Carnival Destiny (some time ago) and it was lovely. And with a two-year-old, Carnival's kids' programs are tops. Personally, I'd book the Destiny because I place a high premium on loving my itinerary and it sounds like that's the one you're into.

I was on Carnival Destiny (some time ago) and it was lovely. And with a two-year-old, Carnival's kids' programs are tops. Personally, I'd book the Destiny because I place a high premium on loving my itinerary and it sounds like that's the one you're into.

We are, but my husband has read some pretty bad reviews about the ship and that many who did that itinerary, had to skip some ports quite often. So i'm worried about that too.

paddle boat?

I'm looking to take a cruise in october with my husband and our son who will be 2 1/2 at the time. We want to stick with Carnival for their camp program (which starts at age 2). We thought about taking the 5 night Eastern cruise because we liked the itinerary (turks & caicos, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau).

However the reviews on the Carnival Destiny are pretty bad.

Anyone have any good experience with that ship?

Can anything recommend a really good Carnival boat? My husband really isn't into going to Cozumel, which narrows it down quite a bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived