gaveston econo lodge..eating close?

carol459

two ladies are on the elation 2-6-05

we arrive at the econo lodge on u st the night before after dark

does anyone know if there is a place to eat in walking distance

we have Never been to Galveston.......or how the econo lodge is?

thanks

Carol,

My family and I stayed at the Econo Lodge last year pre-cruise and let's just say, I wouldn't go in with very high expectations! It is definitley a MOTEL, but we stayed there because they let you park for free and the price was right. The good news is that you will only be there a short time. There are several restaurants within walking distance so you should have no problem. We ate at a seafood restaurant that starts with a "G". I can;t remember the name, but we walked there and it was vvery good! You will ove the Elation, it more than makes up for the accomidations at the Econlodge... You will all but forget about it when you board the ship! Have a great time!

Conquest 6/05

Elation 6/04

Celebration 7/03

A cruise a Year!!

You may be thinking of Gaido's restaurant. I'm no Galveston expert but have been there probably 9 or 10 times. I don't think you will have trouble finding something to eat. I believe it is Landry's that also offers a shuttle service. Landry's, IHOP, Rainforest Cafe, etc. are all grouped together on the seawall.

Guido's is my all-time favorite restaurant (look for the hugh crab on the roof), the shrimp bisque is to die for.

Please be careful walking on the seawall after dark, Galveston does have its share of unsavory characters.

Archived