Old San Juan shopping....

ready2gosailing

Hi everyone!

I was reading some of the new posts today and saw that someone was inquiring about a specific shop. I looked at the link that was posted in response, and it got my shopping addiction going. I love to bring home unique items from my travels, and am looking forward to seeing all the fun stuff in San Juan. My family and I are cruising out of San Juan in May, but we are staying in San Juan three days before the cruise. If anyone else knows of some unique shops in the Old San Juan area that I need to see, I'd love it if you'd let me know. Websites would be really appreciated, too. I looked at the link provided, and absolutely loved all of the art and crafts.

Another thought.... we considered mailing our purchases back home before we board the ship for our cruise, just to minimize the stuff we have to lug around and luggage for the flight home. Is there a post office in the Old San Juan area? I figure postage would be cheaper than paying an extra bag fee or overweight bag fee. Especially if it ends up being something bigger.

We're staying at HoJo's, if that matters.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I was reading some of the new posts today and saw that someone was inquiring about a specific shop. I looked at the link that was posted in response, and it got my shopping addiction going. I love to bring home unique items from my travels, and am looking forward to seeing all the fun stuff in San Juan. My family and I are cruising out of San Juan in May, but we are staying in San Juan three days before the cruise. If anyone else knows of some unique shops in the Old San Juan area that I need to see, I'd love it if you'd let me know. Websites would be really appreciated, too. I looked at the link provided, and absolutely loved all of the art and crafts.

Another thought.... we considered mailing our purchases back home before we board the ship for our cruise, just to minimize the stuff we have to lug around and luggage for the flight home. Is there a post office in the Old San Juan area? I figure postage would be cheaper than paying an extra bag fee or overweight bag fee. Especially if it ends up being something bigger.

We're staying at HoJo's, if that matters.

Thanks!

Lots of neat shops to browse. As far as post office, I am sure there is one in OSJ, But I do know that there is a UPS store near the Plaza De Armas. I remember seeing it as we walked around several times.

Depending upon where you shop, we have often had the stores ship our purchases home for us. Obviously not a t-shirt shop but the nicer shops often are willing to package and ship.

DH bought some nice clothing that we didn't want to carry, Burberry shipped it and it arrived home before we did.

I think there's a post office almost right behind Sheraton OSJ. We walked by on a Sunday and apparently it was closed so I don't know if it's a full service station.

I think there's a post office almost right behind Sheraton OSJ. We walked by on a Sunday and apparently it was closed so I don't know if it's a full service station.

If memory serves it is not right behind the Sheraton but it is very close. Only a few minutes walk from the new CVS. Walk toward the small Plaza and then turn uphill. The PO is on the right as you go up hill about one 'block'.

Archived