open two adjacent balconies?

lisah168

I am quite new to this board. Last cruise we took was in 1997 so it's been a while.

We have booked two balcony cabins on Splendor in rooms 8254 and 8256. Since all the connected cabins were gone on the port-side, I wonder if the divider between the two balconies can be removed.

I appreciate any additional info about the cabins (location etc).

The divider can be opened up! Gives you a nice extended balcony, BUT, remember that your family/friends next door can see into your cabin if your curtains are open!! It makes for a nice social spot, but you should probably establish a "If the curtains are closed, do not disturb" type rule!! ;)

I am quite new to this board. Last cruise we took was in 1997 so it's been a while.

We have booked two balcony cabins on Splendor in rooms 8254 and 8256. Since all the connected cabins were gone on the port-side, I wonder if the divider between the two balconies can be removed.

The balcony divider between those two cabins can be opened. You'll need to ask your cabin steward to do it for you.

Here's the detail on 8254:

Cabin 8254 (8C OSTW) 185/35 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and standard balcony Connecting balconies: 8256

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

:)

DH and I usually travel with freinds and we've always had ours opened.

But do it as soon as possible after you board because they are only allowed to have a certain number open. :confused: Good luck and happy cruising!

Luv's Crusin'

The balcony divider between those two cabins can be opened. You'll need to ask your cabin steward to do it for you.

Here's the detail on 8254:

Cabin 8254 (8C OSTW) 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony Connecting balconies: 8256

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Can you tell me where to find that info? I am going on the Liberty and would like to know which balcony mine adjoins with. I am in 6438 and have friends in the cabins on both sides of me.

Thanks.

Can you tell me where to find that info? I am going on the Liberty and would like to know which balcony mine adjoins with. I am in 6438 and have friends in the cabins on both sides of me.

Thanks.

Go to the following site. When you zero in on your ship go to the extras tab and select the deck you are on.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php#

Cabin 6438 8A OSTW 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6434

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed (8A OST3) on: LI FD

Thanks.

6438's balcony connects to 6434 but 6442 (the cabin aft of yours) does not connect to any other balconies...

Go to the following site. When you zero in on your ship go to the extras tab and select the deck you are on.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php#

Cabin 6438 8A OSTW 185/35 sq ft

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 6434

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower;

sofa and coffee table

Note: Cabin has twin/king-1 sofabed (8A OST3) on: LI FD

Thank You for the info.

DH and I usually travel with freinds and we've always had ours opened.

But do it as soon as possible after you board because they are only allowed to have a certain number open. :confused: Good luck and happy cruising!

Luv's Crusin'

I've read a couple of timeson this board over the past months that they allow only so many balcony dividers open on a given cruise, although I've never had a first hand problem. Can anyone share the reasoning behind this? Just curious...

• 2 months later...
I've read a couple of timeson this board over the past months that they allow only so many balcony dividers open on a given cruise, although I've never had a first hand problem. Can anyone share the reasoning behind this? Just curious...

I was told the reason behind it (by the maintenance crew) was that because of natural breezes and draft caused by ship it can create strong funnel winds if too many in a row are open. It can be dangerous to people on the deck plus cause movement of the ship. I think they said something like only 3 or 4 can be open in a row. Some people have opened their own somehow and ended up in trouble for it. This is strictly from a crew member and not on any site I know of.

Archived