Question about Early Saver

Tad510

Ok, i am going to keep an eye on the rates, but my question is if i am booked on a category 8d but the rates are based on category 8b, because we are past crusiers we got a upgrade, should i then be checking the 8b cat?

No you need to only check 8D because thats the category you are in now. If you got a free upgrade ... sounds to me like its a past guest rate, not early saver rate ... early saver doesnt give free upgrades.

You cant combine rates, so you either got the past guest rate which included the free upgrade or the early saver rate .. but not both.

the only exception could be you booked ES and then found a lower past guest rate, so changed to that rate?? But you didnt book ES and also past guest at the same time.

You can take PG upgrades while on ES and it doesn't change you to the PG booking. We upgraded last year and we were booked ES, then the upgrade price of the 6B went down so we got OBC. Later the PG upgrade promo dropped off so from that point on we only watched the 6E rate (the category we transferred to) and got more OBC when it dropped.

You can take PG upgrades while on ES and it doesn't change you to the PG booking. We upgraded last year and we were booked ES, then the upgrade price of the 6B went down so we got OBC. Later the PG upgrade promo dropped off so from that point on we only watched the 6E rate (the category we transferred to) and got more OBC when it dropped.

thats what I said might be the exception...that they first booked ES and then later found a cheaper past guest rate and then got that rate and got the free upgrade ... but you are right.. once ES always ES ... assuming they originally booked ES.

thats what i said might be the exception...that they first booked es and then later found a cheaper past guest rate and then got that rate and got the free upgrade ... But you are right.. Once es always es ... Assuming they originally booked es.

thank you all for the replies, i booked with a ta, we did pick our room and we are more than 6 months in advance, so i assumed that was the es rate.

I'd suggest you verify with your TA about your rate. There are many restrictions with the ES rate and those should have been very carefully reviewed with you if that is indeed your rate. Also, you'll have to rely on your TA to submit any rate drop forms and so some TA's are reluctant to book ES because of this.

Ok, i am going to keep an eye on the rates, but my question is if i am booked on a category 8d but the rates are based on category 8b, because we are past crusiers we got a upgrade, should i then be checking the 8b cat?

thank you all for the replies, i booked with a ta, we did pick our room and we are more than 6 months in advance, so i assumed that was the es rate.

The part in red is why we are confused ... I now see you are in a 8B, sorry, but you arent in a 8B based on being a past guest if you are also booked early saver ... but if there is a cheaper past guest rate than early saver then you can price match to it.

You claim to have gotten a upgrade (one assumes for free?) because of being a past guest which would not be true if you also booked early saver.

OP booked while they were having a past guest upgrade sale. She paid the price of a 8b but got a free upgrade to a 8D. That doesn't mean she isn't early saver, with early saver you can get the past guest ugrades. She'll have to check with her TA to see if they booked her early saver or fun select though. Either one you pick your room. Give them a quick call and ask how you are booked.

OP booked while they were having a past guest upgrade sale. She paid the price of a 8b but got a free upgrade to a 8D. That doesn't mean she isn't early saver, with early saver you can get the past guest ugrades. She'll have to check with her TA to see if they booked her early saver or fun select though. Either one you pick your room. Give them a quick call and ask how you are booked.

Thanks again for the info, I will call the TA and ask.

Archived